• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Hits Over 8 Million Copies Sold

It deserves it. That said I'm actually surprised it isn't higher by now. I know Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 10 million by the time it was out 2 years. Ghost of Tsushima sold more at launch than Horizon did yet is only at 8 million now with it being about 6 months away from being out 2 years. Idk I just thought it would've hit 10 million faster than Horizon did but it may not.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im playing it now for the first time on PS5.

They need to go all out with gore on combat in part 2, limbs should be flying. And got damn they gotta give enemies different dying animations. And different standoff scenarios. Sequel could be fucking awesome with a few enhancements.

no surprise it sold well, the only thing like it is Ass Creed and thats not based in Japan. People are hungry for this stuff

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Less than what I had in my mind about where it was at this point but still good numbers.

Amazing game! Glad Sucker Punch new IP is a success, because I couldn't stand more shitty Infamous.

funny-or-die-will-ferrell.gif

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Hope they actually vastly improve the sequel.

I finished the main game and DLC, but its not satisfying.
Game feels way too repetitive.

Kerotan

It deserves it. That said I'm actually surprised it isn't higher by now. I know Horizon Zero Dawn sold over 10 million by the time it was out 2 years. Ghost of Tsushima sold more at launch than Horizon did yet is only at 8 million now with it being about 6 months away from being out 2 years. Idk I just thought it would've hit 10 million faster than Horizon did but it may not.
PS5 supply doesn't help.. There are people holding out to play it on next gen.

But over 8M in 18 months is impressive. It should hit 10M this year.

onQ123

This is crazy Sony let their teams ditch their old franchises & try new genres & it paid off for just about every team

Who would have thought a game like this would end up bigger than Sly Cooper or that Uncharted & The Last Of Us would be bigger than Crash Bandicoot & Jak & Daxter , Horizon bigger than Killzone . Can't say that anyone was shocked about Spiderman being bigger than Ratchet & Resistance because it's freaking Spiderman.

Tschumi

Who is the OP talking about? After Sekiro, Tsushima felt like a thematical safe bet to me lol

No surprise here, it, like most of the other exclusives, is an incredible game. They cracked the formula.

The important thing is they now come up with a new formula, before the late-PS4 generation exclusives get repetitive...

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Who is the OP talking about? After Sekiro, Tsushima felt like a thematical safe bet to me lol

No surprise here, it, like most of the other exclusives, is an incredible game. They cracked the formula.

The important thing is they now come up with a new formula, before the late-PS4 generation exclusives get repetitive...
It's called an open-world formula.

ckaneo

Let's be honest, they already have. The important thing now is that because the game engines are finally finished they got to add compelling content, because every single studio that makes an open world game learns quickly as fuck they need way to pad them out. Super excited to see who takes the next level in their sequel

Last edited:

Tschumi

Last edited:
you picked a weird take to get revenge against, the guy is basically saying "I've been wrong before but i just feel like japanese games aren't popular in the west", it was stupid at the date of publication let alone with hindsight...

He clearly never got gud enough to even buy sekiro

I don’t need “revenge” someone asked where that take came from, I linked one of the main detractors.

Tschumi

I don’t need “revenge” someone asked where that take came from, I linked one of the main detractors.
your op started with 'someone' lol it's natural that i'd think you've written this post with the intention of rubbing it in 'someone's face... someONE, one person, then you linked an article with an interview by ONE person, so I guessed he was your someONE, and I said you got triggered by a fool

your op started with 'someone' lol it's natural that i'd think you've written this post with the intention of rubbing it in 'someone's face... someONE, one person, then you linked an article with an interview by ONE person, so I guessed he was your someONE, and I said you got triggered by a fool

Jim Carrey What GIF

It wasn’t even me who said it

Last edited:
Top Bottom