• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

Top of my head:

Yakuza
Yakuza
TitS
RE
Gravity
Nioh
Nier
Zelda
Persona
Tales
Toukiden
Tekken
Golf

And even with visual novels alone you have well regarded games like Collar x Malice, both Utawarerumono sequel games, Chaos;Child, and Danganronpa V3 (...though the only ones of those I'll get to this year are CxM, DR V3, and maybe Chaos;Child).

Lots of great Japanese games across the board.

TraBuch

Banned
I was right, not one mention of Golf.

GB in Microsoft's pockets confirmed. I always thought they were weirdly chummy with Phil Spencer.

Teddified

I still need to finish the latest DLC for Destiny, so I won't even think of getting Destiny 2 till I finish that......if that ever happens lol.

Salarians

What customization is there, even? Can I be a robo wizard? Can I give myself robot glasses?
you can be male or female
you can be a boring human, a boring blue human, or a cool magic robot
no glasses

I know a lot of people don't care about character customization (especially in Destiny), but I do and (I hate to say this) it just feels so lazy

just adds to the "we reaaaally want people to see this as a big sequel, just look at this huge 2!" vibe

Do you think they don't care about those games? I'm sure a few people on the crew would put their weight behind either of those games. There are plenty of great games that people at GB care about that aren't named PUBG.

They really don't

The only one who cares about games that came out this year are Alex and Nier/Yakuza

I would call the rest of the crews interest with current games that are not PUBG a 'middling interest'.

Ashby

They really don't

The only one who cares about games that came out this year are Alex and Nier/Yakuza

I would call the rest of the crews interest with current games that are not PUBG a 'middling interest'.

Sounds like a pretty shitty website for video game coverage if thats the case

you can be male or female
you can be a boring human, a boring blue human, or a cool magic robot
no glasses

I know a lot of people don't care about character customization (especially in Destiny), but I do and (I hate to say this) it just feels so lazy

Good, good. Would have liked a dapper robot monocle but I'll take what robo wizard.

I also really like customization, even knowing full well it's a primarily first-person game and also you wear a helmet. Is the gear the same regardless of race?

oti

Banned
They really don't

Imma set my my whole GOTY spiel aside for a moment. I think you're crazy.

Oh... Everybody's Golf is actually a golf game...

With all the chatter around it, and its Engrish title, I thought it was some meta-commentary game on the state of the videogame industry, a la Work Time Fun or some shit.

Why do people care again?

BTA

With all the chatter around it, and its Engrish title, I thought it was some meta-commentary game on the state of the videogame industry, a la Work Time Fun or some shit.

It's apparently a very good golf game, and is in a long running series that people are already fond of.

Dan and Abby will go hard for Zelda, Vinny will probably join in. Alex will fight for Nier. Ben will be the "this is my indie that I hold very close to my heart" guy. Brad is already foaming at the mouth over Destiny 2. And we still don't have Mario Odyssey or Wolfenstein.

These guys will have plenty to argue about without PUBG.

EDIT:

Also: Jason will be putting up for Dead Cells provided it releases this year. Don't be surprised to see Jeff join him.

imBask

Banned

it's weird and fun

and fun is fun

Salarians

Good, good. Would have liked a dapper robot monocle but I'll take what robo wizard.

I also really like customization, even knowing full well it's a primarily first-person game and also you wear a helmet. Is the gear the same regardless of race?
yeah, armor is the same for every race but each class' armor styles are pretty different

oti

Banned
Dan and Abby will go hard for Zelda, Vinny will probably join in. Alex will fight for Nier. Ben will be the "this is my indie that I hold very close to my heart" guy. Brad is already foaming at the mouth over Destiny 2. And we still don't have Mario Odyssey or Wolfenstein.

These guys will have plenty to argue about without PUBG.

What you're saying is that if PUBG happens to not be eligible the GOTY deliberations will actually be interesting.

What you're saying is that if PUBG happens to not be eligible the GOTY deliberations will actually be interesting.

If PUBG gets in the mix, it's still this, but with these guys all fighting for placement beneath it. It'll be like 2013 when everyone was like "So, the Last of Us is at the top, right?"

imBask

Banned
If PUBG gets in the mix, it's still this, but with these guys all fighting for placement beneath it. It'll be like 2013 when everyone was like "So, the Last of Us is at the top, right?"

oti doesn't actually read posts, he just answers them

Nintendo probably created the concept of PUBG in his head

Hindl

They really don't

Multiple people, including Jeff, are enjoying Mario + Rabbids

Tubobutts

I think I'm gonna stop playing Darkest Dungeon on iOS until the developer makes some changes with the UI. Personally, I find it almost unplayable because everything is so small and your fingers are always in the way of the text descriptions. I'm pretty sure they ported the game without making any changes. Just because a touch screen is the closest thing you can get to mimicking a mouse cursor doesn't mean there aren't some important changes you need to make.
I eventually got used to it but yeah the decision to make it so you have to hold on top of a thing to see its description despite your finger always being in the way is mind boggling bad.

It's basically just another hour of Bombcast with Jeff and Ben. I happen to really enjoy that but if you're already down on the Bombcast then i wouldn't bother.

This. The call-ins are fun and it's a little more gaming centric/directed. I like it, but it definitely is more Bombcast.

TheXbox

I appreciated Alex's tweets about Ryan, even if it's just general sadness. Makes me happy when he and Vinny bring him up on the podcast.

Top Bottom