• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Can somebody post an example of "Ben getting back at the community?" I've not seen any so far and have no idea what you mean.

Why the fuck are there so many peels on talos?

Do they not have trashcans?
They literally have devices everywhere that can recycle everything and turn it into something useful. But you just know this is how it would play out in real life as well

comic518.png

The year ends today. What's your personal GOTY?

Mine is BOTW

1. Divinity Original Sin 2 probably even by far (And that's crazy cause I adore Zelda, but man. Divinity is so freaking good.)
2. Zelda
3. Prey

Like the most egregious him vs community thing I can remember is him staying silent and crestfallen when chat was just spamming attacks against him.

He was somewhat defensive during a stream about Kingdom Heartache by telling Rorie to ignore any questions about it which i thought was kinda lame for the people who would be interested in knowing whats happening.

But i guess its seen more as too much haters waiting for more ammo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think it's pretty obvious which game is mine.

I'll just say though that cuphead is probably my least expected game to make top 5.

Wunder

It’s great! I spent last weekend watching all of what’s out and it was a fun time.

And then this week’s episode was excellent too.

Yeah Im a fan of Kristen Bell and the concept sounds funny enough, seems pretty good so far

I think also part of the discussion around Ben is getting grappled down by the extremes of both sides on the internet. On one hand the people who just look for anything to attack Ben with, and on the other hand the white knights.

There are definitely things Ben should work on, but many posters seem to assume that means attacking Ben and Ben is someone that needs to be protected from it. Unfortunately when assuming a role like Ben has, there is going to be a lot of public scrutiny about how one behaves or if one is entertaining. I believe it was clear in the hiring process that this kind of thing would be exactly what the person would likely face when hired. Either it was in the actual job posting or someone talked about it on a podcast (I feel like it came from Abby).

I don't think he's handled much of anything particularly well. Where Abby has a really good improv background and seems to roll super well with anything put in her direction, Ben just stays Ben. Even when he's with the whole group (E3), he kinda just fell flat most of the time.

By this point the "new hire getting adjusted" period is well over. Maybe people are upset because it seems like this is how Ben will be for the rest of the time at GB, and probably some are doing it because of the way Ben is reacting to all of this. I'm mostly in the former camp, but at least GBE exists.

Ben has always been fine if not great at times to me. I won't be shocked though that there are people who disagree with me and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks and all that. I mean, there are people out there who want everyone at GB to be like Dan and no thanks. Let Dan be Dan and let whoever else be themselves.

KingKong

imo the issue is less with Ben and more with GBWests type of content not changing after he was hired

it seems that people (or at least people here and in the comments) like long continuing series and full LPs and GBWest/Jeff don't want to do that. If you look at their last few streams and playdates, theyre just variations on UPF

even the rig building video was them sitting around on the couch playing random games while Brad was building the pc in the background

J_Viper

The Good Place seemed way too sugary for me, though I'm guessing that tone is some sort of twist. I only made it like ten minutes in

Perhaps I should give it another shot

Hoo-doo

Banned
Should I play more Nier: Automata this weekend? I've played like 45 minutes and found it not really grabbing me yet, but I hear it's supposed to be incredible.

Y/N

Zaph

Should I play more Nier: Automata this weekend? I've played like 45 minutes and found it not really grabbing me yet, but I hear it's supposed to be incredible.

Y/N
I think it's probably goty, but I don't want to be one of those "you need to play 5 hours" types because, well, there are just too many other great games you could play instead.

Did any of the early themes and tone intrigue you at all? Because it's a lot more of that done really well.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Y/N

Game did absolutely nothing for me but a lot of people like it.
Play maybe an additional hour or so and if nothing grabs you move on. Also, as a tip, ignore all the sidequests because they are all terrible.

Antiwhippy

The sidequest are all great.

I mean sure, most of them aren't actually that great to play, but a lot of smart writing goes into those.

Catvoca

Banned

Y/N

I personally liked my first ~10 hours with it way more than the rest of the game so I'd have to say no, but I know there's some people out there who had the opposite experience so idk.

Antiwhippy

I mean saying all is more overstating it, but there are quite a few that is pretty smartly written.

Quite a number are pretty funny as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom