• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobozero

Wait what is happening? I'm in Chicago this weekend living it up, not following gaf news

There's been no official statement. Site owner was accused of sexual harassment a few days ago. Any threads asking about it have been anonymously locked while the owner prepares his statement. Several mods have left and asked to have their accounts banned. Besada posted on twitter that he no longer wished to be associated with the site. Modbot has claimed in one thread that mods who left did so over privacy concerns, worried about being doxxed.

Inquiring about the bans, etc is against the TOS so some users have caught bans themselves. For the record, this post is NOT inquiring about anything, just summarizing. Though, I guess with Besada's statement I am seriously considering whether I want to keep visiting the site. I guess I'll wait for the official word.

Dineren

Banned
Well this is depressing, this place can have its issues, but it was still one of the better places to talk about games while being somewhat insulated from the worst elements of the gaming community.

Catvoca

Banned
Fuck, I don't know what I'm going to do if gaf bites it. Guess I'm downloading discord again for now.

I'm @catvoca on twitter and basically everything if anyone cares, though I don't tweet much.

Tagyhag

Besada was cool, but he also did abuse his power as a mod sometimes, I understand not wanting to be associated though.

Whatever happens, even with some people here going too far when personally criticizing the duders, y'all are great! Hope to see you on the other side.

BTA

if you really want to see me constantly whine about my life, on tweets

more than here I mean

I’m warning you

Speaking as someone who just got off a fortnight’s ban for calling out the pathetic tantrums that Our Glorious Leader was pitching at the idea of believing women when accusations of sexual assault are made... I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see this coming.

Tagyhag

Hmm...i might actually be more productive in the future, but I'll need to find a new game news aggregate.

Right? I can't think of any other gaming forum that has as much news of all systems in one page.

It's either one individual system or everyone is shitting on each other instead.

BTA

I'll be honest though discord moves a bit too fast for me, I always liked the thread pacing

I mean I’m sure it’s moving way faster than normal but I like the tone/pacing here more, yeah.

it was nice to be able to manageably catch up with stuff

I’ll probably just go back to hanging in FatT’s Discord if things go real bad but I liked my time with y’all here these past couple months; been a while since I posted on forums with a consistent group of folks

Speaking as someone who just got off a fortnight’s ban for calling out the pathetic tantrums that Our Glorious Leader was pitching at the idea of believing women when accusations of sexual assault are made... I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see this coming.

Yeah that ScreenJunkies thread was...uh..that was something.

I don't want to talk about it like we know for sure what's going on, but the lack of a statement thus far ain't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom