• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Giveaway* - Radeon HD 7950, a 3DS, and more - help a GAFer beat cancer!

maxcriden

You guys know kitchenmotors, right?

image.php

This guy! AKA Alex. Kind, considerate GAFer going on 10+ years as a member of this community. Fellow GAFer BlueSteel set up a thread over in OT, but I'm hoping posting this over here with a bit of an incentive will help garner some more donations. Anyway, as you might've surmised from the title, Alex has been dealing with some serious stuff. He can explain it better than I could:

After my battle with Testicular Cancer in 2012 with an Orchiectomy and 3 rounds of Chemotheraphy, I have been diagnosed with a teratoma tumor. It is growing in one of my lymph nodes.

The teratoma has to be removed via an RPLND (Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection), which is a procedure that will remove the abdominal lymph nodes. There will be an incision that extends from my sternum to below my belly button. The surgery itself is extremely complicated and will keep me in the hospital anywhere from 4 to 7 days, not to mention a full month off of work. If left untreated, teratoma can turn into another type of cancer or grow and cause issues with my other organs. It is not treatable via Chemo or Radiation and comes with a list of side effects depending on how much nerve damage is done via the surgery.

I decided to create a GoFundMe page to call for a little help. I get no benefits for medical leave from work, which is an Afterschool Program at an Elementary School. I also have been having trouble getting financial help for medical benefits, but the type of insurance that I would need for the constant check ups and surgery is too costly. Any donations would help offset the month of medical leave I will have to take, pay for some of the medical bills and visits I will have to leading up to my RPLND in late October at Northwestern Hospital in Chicago. All help is appreciated.

His GOFUNDME page is here if you'd like to donate, anything would be immensely appreciated:

http://www.gofundme.com/d3s2kg

I believe PayPal does not work on GFM. If you want to donate on Paypal, please send the payment to motorde at gmail dot com.

Here's Alex smiling for the camera while miniature Yoshi photobombs:

-

In an effort to drum up some attention and interest, Alex is giving away some gaming goods. If you'd like to donate something to be given away, shoot me a PM.

To enter, simply reply and post what you would like, and winners will be selected at random over the course of the next week or so. You're welcome to ask for as many items as you're interested in!

Rules update: the giveaway will continue until we hit $10k total between Paypal and the GFM page, within reason. I believe we can achieve this goal. We will continue taking donations of items to give away as long as people would like to donate them, in the meantime. We will start giving away prizes at $5K, then more at $7500, and the remainder at $10K. (If we don't hit $10K, we'll still give away everything promised.

Here's the prize list right now, all currently up for grabs:

New Prizes 9/7

-a digital code for Legend of Zelda: LBW for 3DS. (complete game)

New Prizes 9/6:

Nightwing Maquette Statue

Steam Games

Jet Set Radio
SEGA Bass Fishing
Virtua Tennis 4

Recently added prizes:

5 NA PSN codes:

God of War: Origins PS3
Ratchet and Clank Future: Quest for Booty PS3
Final Fantasy X-2 Vita
Dead Space 3 Limited Edition DLC PS3
Crysis 3 Hunter's Edition DLC PS3

Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers
2 memory cards and 2 rumble packs

Mario 64
Goldeneye
Blast Corps
Tetrisphere
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask w/ Box

Super Nintendo with 2 controllers
Super Mario World
Earthworm Jim w/ Box

New Prizes 8/28

5 codes for Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty
5 DLC codes for Oddworld: New 'n'

Paper Mario N64 for Wii code (should be usable on Wii U in Wii mode as well)
Shank 2 (HB code)
Drawfs?! (HB code)
Silent Hill: Book of Origins for vita
Hot Shots Golf for vita
Udraw game tablet for ps3 with game (new)
Digital code for Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS
The Walking Dead complete first season vita (the game)
Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 together on ps3
Classic strategy guide collection with guides for these games : lunar silver star story complete, final Fantasy four heroes of light, fire emblem sacred stones, and GBA fire emblem.
A mystery box with random pop culture memorabilia from comics, movies, video games, and TV.

New Prizes 8/26

Battlefield 4, Xbox One, Physical CIB

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC)

New Prizes 8/24

-Animal Crossing: New Leaf (cart only w/ CN code)
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (cart only w/ CN code)

-Virtue's Last Reward for PS Vita (physical, CIB)
-practically new RAT 7 mouse

New Prizes 8/23

-Radeon HD 7950
-$5 XBLA code
-30-Day Music Unlimited Voucher

New Prizes 8/21

-3 NA copies and 3 EU copies of SCRAM KITTY for Wii U!
-Borderlands 2 (PS3)
-Dishonored (PS3)
-Ni no Kuni (PS3) (all physical)
-Nintendo 3DS Cosmic Black with case + charger, like new

-Rhythm Thief 3DS (physical)
-NES Remix Wii U (digital code)

Wolfenstein PS4

-$5 Nintendo eShop code

-CN Animal Crossing posters

-unused extra Club Nintendo codes to give away: a Fire Emblem code, an Ocarina of Time 3D code, and a Pokemon X code which are all 40. Also a Skyward Sword code which is 50.

-one more Fire Emblem code courtesy of Byronic Hero!

-one of the Club Nintendo digital games of your choice that's available at the moment. **three available**

-some promo packs of those Kid Icarus cards, two opened and one still sealed.

-Street Fighter Bundle: A Tatsunoko vs Capcom lenticular trading card set with a sealed Street Fighter 4 Ryu headband.

-Keychain bundle: A Kirby's Epic Yarn airplane keychain, two Pocket Monster/Pokemon voice keychains of Ash/Meowth, and a Yoshi plush keychain

-Sony swag bundle: Playstation sunglasses, light up bracelet, Playstation guitar keychains and Vita Sackboy promo coin

-a physical copy of Hyrule Historia.

5 Copies of GAFer-made ZaciSa's Last Stand for Wii U

UF5qgeaKeRyVr6GsScei-QAgs_8kPRsr.png

STEAM games

Steam/HB:

-Anomaly Warzone Earth
-Civilization III Complete
-Eufloria
-Little Inferno
-Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
-The Tiny Bang Story
-Half Life 2: Episode 2
-The Ship
-The Ship (Two copies...)
-Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
-Dust: An Elysian Tail
-Guacamelee! Gold Edition

-Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
-The Swapper
-Mark Of the Ninja
-FTL
-Trine 2 Complete Story
-Bastion
-Limbo

-Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
-Orion: Dino Horde
-Orion: Dino Horde (two copies)
-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
-Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
-Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
-Assassin's Creed: Unity
-Lords of the Fallen

-Terraria
-Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
-F.E.A.R.
-F.E.A.R. 2
-F.E.A.R. 3
-Thomas Was Alone
-Brütal Legend
-Nightsky
-Splice
-Swords and Soldiers HD
-Trine Enhanced Edition
-Arcania and Gothic Bundle
-Monkey Island Bundle
-Mount and Blade Collection
-Sniper Elite
-Bastion
-Bejeweled 3
-Deus Ex:HR
-Penny Arcade Adventures: Precipice of Darkness Combo Pack
-Aliens vs. Predator
-L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
-Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
-Legend of Grimrock
-Trine 2: Complete Story
-Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
-Indie Bundle I
-Alan Wake Franchise
-Alice: Madness Returns
-Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition
-Vessel
-Bastion
-Fallout:NV
-Orcs Must Die 2- Complete Pack 2 Gift
-Mirror's Edge
-Sonic Generations
-Company of Heroes Complete Pack
-Super Meatboy Soundtrack
-Steam
-Steam
-Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition
-Krater
-Darksiders Franchise Pack
-Torchlight II
-R.U.S.E.
-BioShock
-Deadlight
-Prince of Persia
-Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands™ Digital Deluxe Edition
-Red Orchestra 2
-Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
-Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
-Dead Island GOTY Gift
-Star Wars Republic Commando
-Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile
-Just Cause 2
-Tomb Raider: Anniversary
-Tomb Raider III
-Tomb Raider II
-Tomb Raider I
-Tomb Raider VI: The Angel of Darkness
-Tomb Raider V: Chronicles
-STAR WARS®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II
-Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion
-Sleeping Dogs
-Infestation: Survivor Stories
-Risen 2: Dark Waters Gold Edition
-Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
-Just Cause
-Retro City Rampage
-Rise of the Triad
-Don't Starve
-The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
-The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
-Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2
-Dead Island: Epidemic
-Master Reboot
-Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
-Tropico 4
-Tropico 4 (two copies)
-Original XCOM game set (X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Enforcer, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: UFO Defense)
-Original XCOM game set (X-COM: Apocalypse, X-COM: Enforcer, X-COM: Interceptor, X-COM: Terror from the Deep, X-COM: UFO Defense) (two copies)
-Crusader Kings II w/ 3 DLC sets (African, Norse, Russian Unit packs)
-Hitman Blood Money
-Just Cause
-The Last Remnant
-Nosgoth Veteran Pack
-Daikatana
-Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
-Hitman: Codename 47
-Thief Gold
-Deadlight
-Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Out of the Park Baseball 14
The Last Remnant
Just Cause
Deadlight
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Anachronox
Skulls of the Shogun
Mini Ninjas
Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners 2
X-COM Apocalypse
X-COM Enforcer
X-COM Interceptor
X-COM Terror from the Deep
Galcon Legends
Galcon Fusion
Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Breach & Clear
BioShock 2
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux

Dishonored Game of the Year
Crusader Kings Complete Edition
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Medal of Honor
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Capsized
Little Inferno
Awesomenauts
English Country Tune
Intrusion 2
Oil Rush
KOF Steam Edition

Origin:

Dead Space Origin Key
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Dead Space 3 Origin Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Battlefield 3 Origin Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
Populous
Dead Space 3 Origin Key (two copies total)
Battlefield 3 Origin Key (two copies total)
Populous Origin Key (two copies total)

Gog:

Torchlight

Thank you so much for setting this all up and taking care of the giveaway. Really appreciate the help you and every other Gaffer has provided, it means so much to me. Here is also a link to my original thread http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=572641, which documents my entire history since my diagnosis.

Also want to thank everyone on OT that has donated sold far, some really stand up guys and gals here on GAF.

nelchaar

Thank you so much for setting this all up and taking care of the giveaway. Really appreciate the help you and every other Gaffer has provided, it means so much to me. Here is also a link to my original thread http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=572641, which documents my entire history since my diagnosis.

Also want to thank everyone on OT that has donated sold far, some really stand up guys and gals here on GAF.

Get better man. I'm a cancer scientist, so if you have any questions and don't want to bother your oncologist just send me a PM. You have been diagnosed with a very treatable form of cancer and your prognosis is very positive.

It sucks that you were also diagnosed with a teratoma, but according to your description, it's unlikely to be malignant but the doctors just want to make sure by removing it. Also good news for your prognosis :)

GulAtiCa

I'm donating 5 digital copies of my own game, ZaciSa's Last Stand for Wii U (NA version only) to help support this cause. Hope everyone is able to donate to help kitchenmotors out :)

Get better man. I'm a cancer scientist, so if you have any questions and don't want to bother your oncologist just send me a PM. You have been diagnosed with a very treatable form of cancer and your prognosis is very positive.

It sucks that you were also diagnosed with a teratoma, but according to your description, it's unlikely to be malignant but the doctors just want to make sure by removing it. Also good news for your prognosis :)

Thanks man, appreciate it. I will be sending you a pm for sure as I always have lots of questions.

I'm donating 5 digital copies of my own game, ZaciSa's Last Stand for Wii U (NA version only) to help support this cause. Hope everyone is able to donate to help kitchenmotors out :)

Wow, that's extremely generous of you. Thanks!

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Hope everything gets better for you Alex! I will send my thoughts and prayers to you.

Donating another Club Nintendo code.

The $5 eshop credit, Rhythm Thief, or the -Radeon HD 7950 would be nice.

I'm pulling for you Alex. ^_^

I can donate 5 bucks later today. would like a copy of that zacsias last stand game.

Donating another Club Nintendo code.

The $5 eshop credit would be nice.

I'm pulling for you Alex. ^_^

Hope everything gets better for you Alex! I will send my thoughts and prayers to you.

Good luck on your fight, Alex. I'll be thinking positively for you.

Thanks so much guys! Your support is greatly appreciated and every little bit helps.

maxcriden

Thanks to Rolodzeo's generosity, we are now also giving away:

Steam:

Anomaly Warzone Earth
Civilization III Complete
Eufloria
Little Inferno
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

Gog:

Torchlight

Put me down for Fire Emblem and Skyward Sword.

I'll be praying for you Alex. I'd love to donate, but I'm strapped for cash right now. =/

EDIT: Actually, I'd love to be in for the Hyrule Historia.

And I couldn't just do nothing. It's not a lot, but I hope it helps. Get better!

JPS Kai

Put me down for the street fighter bundle. I'll try to drum up some CN codes too. Do you want the actual inserts or are the digital codes enough?

Rnr1224

I'd love any of the CN codes. Specifically skyward sword or ocarina of time 3d.

Stay strong Alex! I'll be rooting for ya!

bumpkin

Just donated 25 bucks. Wishing you a full recovery, Alex!

Rewards I'd be interested in winning:

-$5 Nintendo eShop code

Clefargle

Best of luck with your health man, my SO is going through chemo right now for a malignant convexity meningioma. (Surface Brain tumor) I hope the treatment goes well. Anything I can do I will.

Just donated 25 bucks. Wishing you a full recovery, Alex!

Rewards I'd be interested in winning:

-$5 Nintendo eShop code

I made a status post at SonicStadium forums about it. :) Hope a few donate.

http://board.sonicstadium.org/statuses/user/820-hero-of-legend/?status_id=662856

Best of luck kitchenmotors!

Put me down for Fire Emblem and Skyward Sword.

I'll be praying for you Alex. I'd love to donate, but I'm strapped for cash right now. =/

EDIT: Actually, I'd love to be in for the Hyrule Historia.

And I couldn't just do nothing. It's not a lot, but I hope it helps. Get better!

Donated $5

Wolfenstein PS4!

Will donate 5 as soon as I get paid!

Get me down for the Yoshi Key chain and Wolfenstein PS4.

Thanks for the support guys!

Best of luck with your health man, my SO is going through chemo right now for a malignant convexity meningioma. (Surface Brain tumor) I hope the treatment goes well. Anything I can do I will.

Best of luck to your SO as well. Cancer is a bitch and chemo can be rough. Sending good thoughts your way!

Thank you for the opportunity, and my wishes are with you. Hope you get better :)

I would like to enter for Wolfenstein and Hyrule Historia, please and thank you.

donated. dont want anything. just praying for a full recovery.

Thank you for the opportunity, and my wishes are with you. Hope you get better :)

I would like to enter for Wolfenstein and Hyrule Historia, please and thank you.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but you got this man!

Thank you guys. : D

Just to make sure, the gmail account is under Agustine Rodriguez, correct?

Yes, correct. I received your donation, thank you Kinsei! Agustine is my first name, I just go by Alex, which is my middle name.

Alex hope everything goes good for you now and in the future. I also hope you make your enough cover at least some of your medical bills. Stay Strong, don't let this beat you.

Can I please be put down for Wolfenstein PS4

Thanks

Top Bottom