• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Giveaway* - Radeon HD 7950, a 3DS, and more - help a GAFer beat cancer!

The_Monk

I've been with barely any time to post in this fine community but I had to say something.

kitchenmotors I'm hoping for the very best for you, one of the most important person in my life also had cancer, a really bad and advanced one (leukemia) but she managed to live to tell the story so I really have you in my prayers.

maxcriden, thank you so much for creating such thread, I really hope many fellow GAFfers can help in any way possible. I'm going to be without any sort of income by the end of this month (by September 29th) so I'm not sure if I can make a donation but I will try. I'm going to check some Steam games I may have to spare. Also, if I can share the go fund me page on my Twitter to help spread the word then please, let me know. If you ever need someone to talk or anything you feel I might help, send me a PM.

Finally, I would like to try my luck with the Nintendo 3DS prize. My last Nintendo product was a Silver Game Boy Pocket back in the day that I still own it. God knows how many good stuff I missed from Nintendo...! Good luck kitchenmotors :')

putting my name in for wolfenstein, rhythm thief or dishonored or dead rising 3, assassins creed unity or the radeon card.

i will donate on my next pay day.

max, sent you a pm with some steam games for this thread.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
My younger brother, who was also a GAF member, passed away a few years ago of cancer after a multi-year fight. I'll happily make a donation to you in his memory. I don't want any games, raffle or giveaway though.

Cheers, and I wish you luck.

Best of luck to you Alex, I'll try to donate something by the end of the week. Stay strong!

I'd like to enter for:
- Wolfenstein PS4
- Hyrule Hystoria
- Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
- Assassin's Creed: Unity
- Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
- Radeon 7950
- Digital code for Donkey Kong Country Returns on 3DS

Donated. Best of luck kitchenmotors!

Put me down for the Sony swag pack, pls.
3AQmK.gif

How long will this funding be going? I just got a job and I'd like to donate a few bucks of my first paycheck in 2 or 3 weeks. Would I be too late?

ScribbleD

Donated what little I could. Really hope you get well soon, kitchenmotors. I'd also like to contribute a few Steam games (2x copies of Sanctum, TitanQuest: Immortal Throne, Dead Island: Epidemic), but I'm not sure how since they're in my inventory.

I'd like to enter the giveaways for Wolfenstein, Hyrule Historia, & Radeon HD 7950.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
In for the 3ds please Max doge!

Also good luck. Fuck cancer for real. Sucks and hate how cancer has taken all of the people I love over the years.

Sadsic

Donated a little bit of money.

I'd like the 3ds if anything's available.

also i'd totally be game with making an ep/album just for donations for this cause if anyone's interested

maxcriden

I can't donate but I'm bumping this thread so people who is able to do it can see this

Thank you, daripad! You're awesome as always.

BTW, no one has to donate to enter. You're welcome to just enter.

On that note, I've added a couple more Steam gifts courtesy of properpropaganda, and 3 NA copies + 3 EU copies of Scram Kitty for Wii U, courtesy of the generous people at dakko dakko! Please don't hesitate to enter for any or all prizes.

Thank you to everyone who donated today, I was at work so I couldn't check the progress of the thread for a while but saw the emails coming in.

Total donations from Gaffers so far as of this evening is $1,425. Truly incredible. I am truly thankful for everyone who has donated to my GoFundMe page or via Paypal, offered up items for the giveaway, or thrown some good will and positive thoughts my way. GAF is a truly amazing place, my very first community that I joined back in 1998 and still, very important to me. Some amazing people I've met and experiences I've had because of this place, like this huge GAF meetup/vacation that happened last summer

Thanks guys!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hope things go well for him. My mom had cancer & while she was able to beat it for a few years, she sadly lost her battle in 2011 on my 20th birthday. May Alex's story have a happier ending.

I guess I'll enter for Rhythm Thief, Scram Kitty (US), & a $5 eShop code, please.

Sajjaja

I'd like to go in for the Nintendo 3DS please.
-Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
-Assassin's Creed: Unity
-Lords of the Fallen
Radeon 7950

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck and stay strong.

RaidenXZ

Stay strong man! Too many people in my life have been hit by cancer in some way and it's truly a terrible thing. I'm rooitng for you buddy! All the best!

Put me down for the 3DS. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and anyone else that may be affected or knows anyone affected by some sort of cancer!

maxcriden

Oh wow, lots more donated goodies rolling in, go ahead and enter for this greatness:

Steam Gifts:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition

Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Lords of the Fallen

Terraria

Oh wow, lots more donated goodies rolling in, go ahead and enter for this greatness:

Steam Gifts:

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition

Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Lords of the Fallen

Terraria

Wow, I don't know what to say. I'm speechless at the amount of generosity guys, thank you. <3

maxcriden

Oh my gosh, here come even *more* Steam gifts. Get 'em while they're hot, and please keep entering if you've entered for other stuff before:

Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. 2
F.E.A.R. 3
Thomas Was Alone
Brütal Legend
Nightsky
Splice
Swords and Soldiers HD

cHinzo

Hope you gonna get alright Alex. Gonna do my part when I wake up tomorrow. I'm glad we are able to help. Keep your head up!

Put me in for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Assassin's Creed Unity.

Hope things go well for him and wish the best...
Also its great to see this kind of support.

And if I lucky enough then I like Scram Kitty (NA/WiiU) or NES Remix (NA/WiiU).

I hope everything works out for you, Alex! I posted a tweet on my account linking to your GoFundMe page, hope it helps.

I would love to enter for the NES Remix Wii U, Scram Kitty, or $5 eShop code :D

Slixshot

Banned
It wasn't much, but every bit counts, yeah?

Be strong, my friend. On top of the money that you raise, you have an entire community here for you.

maxcriden

I hope everything works out for you, Alex! I posted a tweet on my account linking to your GoFundMe page, hope it helps.

I would love to enter for the NES Remix Wii U, Scram Kitty, or $5 eShop code :D

Any tweet or social media share of any kind helps immensely. Thank you!

Shadownet

Banned
I would like to enter for Lords of the Fallen and Assassin's Creed Unity.
Personally AC:Unity is #1 on my wishlist. lol

As a fellow gafer who is going through some serious health complication himself (brain tumor). I wish you the best of luck kitchenmotors. <3 I may not know you but I hope you get past this and grow even stronger.

I'm currently not working at the moment due to the health problem. But I should be getting some fund in a week or two. I'll be praying for you Alex!

This is a really awesome thing to do!

I'd like to enter for these please if I could.

Steam Gifts:

-Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

-Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition

-Assassin's Creed: Unity

-Lords of the Fallen

-Practically new RAT 7 mouse

Others:

-Radeon HD 7950

-Cosmic Black 3DS with charger

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Best wishes kitchenmotors.

I'll try for Scram Kitty (NA copy), ZaciSa's Last Stand, or the $5 eShop code.

saunderez

Best wishes Alex. My mother is a cancer survivor so I am fairly familiar with the ordeal you are going thorugh. Just sent some funds through via Paypal.

Put me down for a chance of Lords of the Fallen.

Best wishes Alex. My mother is a cancer survivor so I am fairly familiar with the ordeal you are going thorugh. Just sent some funds through via Paypal.

Put me down for a chance of Lords of the Fallen.

It wasn't much, but every bit counts, yeah?

Be strong, my friend. On top of the money that you raise, you have an entire community here for you.

Thanks guys! <3

strangely enough, i made a song called "cancer" earlier this year. i could do a whole ep based on that theme easily

I love your stuff that I've heard through Bandcamp. I really like the idea.

I would like to enter for Lords of the Fallen and Assassin's Creed Unity.

As a fellow gafer who is going through some serious health complication himself (brain tumor). I wish you the best of luck kitchenmotors. <3 I may not know you but I hope you get past this and grow even stronger.

I'm currently not working at the moment due to the health problem. But I should be getting some fund in a week or two. I'll be praying for you Alex!

Thanks Sahdownet, I'll be thinking of you as well. <3 Lots of love buddy!

I wish I was able to donate more than I did, but I'd like to say my thoughts are with you. Stay strong, brother.

Also not interested in prize, I have enough game junk, but huge ups to OP and all who are donating and/or spreading the word any way possible.

Top Bottom