• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Giveaway* - Radeon HD 7950, a 3DS, and more - help a GAFer beat cancer!

Really really glad to see this going strong. You get to keep the money even if it doesnt make it right?

Also put me down for that Radeon and Dead Rising 3 too

Yeah, it doesn't have to hit the goal, so every little bit helps.

And the first round of giveaways should be sometime this week.

The Boat

Best of luck with everything, beat that thing! I'll donate what I can when I get home.

Put me down for:

Radeon 7950
Rhythm

maxcriden

Thanks to all of you for your continued and immense generosity. It's really wonderful to see the community come together like this.

dacuk

Sent 3 Origin keys to OP.

I'm in for the Radeon card.

524361_537856052923763_618977311_n.jpg

man, i can imagine the pain and headache to have to hear the news of a tumour after going through treatments.

you still have a long path to live so keep your head up and never lose hope.

in for the 3ds, as i don't have a gaming machine right now.

and fire emblem because srpgs are the best.

Put me in the drawing for the 3DS, Radeon 7950, and the Mouse!

My dad was struck with pancreatic cancer four years ago. The fact that he lived four years was a miracle in itself since it is a very very fast acting cancer. It spread to his lymph nodes and, eventually, his blood supply and has set upon his lower spine, both hips, and pelvis. We'll be lucky to have him this Christmas.

Good luck, and don't give up!

Asgaro

Stay strong, man!

Donated € 5 via PayPal.

In for Steam key:
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Assassin's Creed: Unity
- Lords of the Fallen

Clydefrog

Great to see the donations have been coming in!! $4.5K now :D

Also amazed at all of the additions to the giveaway! Put me in the running for:

Arcania and Gothic Bundle

please! thank you!

MegaMelon

Cancer is a recurring thing in my family, genetics and all that stuff.Still, I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have to go through a battle with cancer. I'll keep you in my prayers, you can do it!

Put me down for the Radeon card and the Fallout NV steam key if possible

Texan365

Donated. Good luck with everything, man!

Can I also donate a Wii Shop Paper Mario digital code (those codes don't expire right? I got it a few months ago when it was a club nintendo reward)

Also, put me in the drawing for
-RAT 7 mouse
-Radeon HD 7950
-Cosmic Black 3DS
-Scram Kitty (NA)
-Rhythm Thief
-Ni no Kuni
-NES Remix
-LoZ: ALBW
-$5 eShop code
-Kid Icarus Cards
-Wolfenstein
-ZaciSa's Last Stand
-Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
-Lords of the Fallen
-Dead Rising 3
-Assassin's Creed: Unity
-Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
-Darksiders Franchise Pack
-Sonic All-stars racing
-the Ship
-Monaco
-Sins of a Solar Empire
-Swords and Soldiers HD
-Any of the unused Club Nintendo codes

Stay strong man!

I'd like to be put down for:

RAT 7 mouse
Radeon HD 7950
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Dead Rising 3: Apocalypse Edition
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Nintendo 3DS Cosmic Black with case + charger, like new
The PlayStation accessories (Glasses, Wrist Band, etc)
Wolfenstein PS4

Amir0x

Banned
gonna donate next Thursday when I get paid. Only fair I pay it forward after the generosity neoGAFers showed me with my mother's troubles. I'll never forget how much they helped me in my time of need, so I'll help out fellow NeoGAFers wherever possible!

Good luck kitchenmotors! You can beat this :D

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Hey Max, seeing how there's plenty of cool stuff in the giveaway which I hadn't noticed before, I've updated my entries.
That list is crazy, filled to the brim with cool stuff, grats to all the gaffers who participated. I'll do my part as soon as I'm back home next week, really glad the donations are flowing at a good pace! :)

Anyway, would like to enter for:

Radeon HD7970
Wolfstein PS4
Scram Kitty (EU code)
3DS console (only if US, I have an euro model already tho the touch screen is fucked up lol)

Steam:

-Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
-Assassin's Creed: Unity
-Lords of the Fallen
-Sonic Generations

Bilollipop

Things like these make me glad to have joined this community.
I've definitely got some stuff to donate!
I'd like to enter for:
Rhythm Thief 3DS
Radeon HD 7950
3DS Console

neto

Best of luck dude, be strong!

and would like to enter to the following

Hyrule historia
animal crossing new leaf game
keychain bundle
kid icarus cards

maxcriden

NEW prizes 8/26:

Battlefield 4, Xbox One, Physical CIB

Super Mario Bros. 2 (Wii U VC)

Steam:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Medal of Honor
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Capsized
Little Inferno
Awesomenauts
English Country Tune
Intrusion 2
Oil Rush
KOF Steam Edition

Origin:

Dead Space Origin Key
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin Key
Dead Space 3 Origin Key
Medal of Honor Origin Key
Battlefield 3 Origin Key
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key
Populous
Dead Space 3 Origin Key (two copies total)
Battlefield 3 Origin Key (two copies total)
Populous Origin Key (two copies total)

Ty4on

I wouldn't even know how to accept or convert something like that, haha.

When buisnesses have a "pay with bitcoin" they usually use a third party service that converts bitcoin to dollars for them, but I don't know how that could work for individuals.

I think the easiest for you would be to make a profile (and wallet) at an exchange, get the bitcoins sent there and then convert them to USD and sent to your bank account. I'm not up to speed on what the best ones are, but Coinbase is used by a lot of big buisnesses for the service mentioned above and seems easy to use.

Bitcoin transactions are fairly simple once you get your head around them. Wallets have adresses and you need to tell him your adress once you have a wallet so he will know where to send the bitcoins. Wallets are mathematical proof (which is too complicated for me :p) that you own your adress.

When buisnesses have a "pay with bitcoin" they usually use a third party service that converts bitcoin to dollars for them, but I don't know how that could work for individuals.

I think the easiest for you would be to make a profile (and wallet) at an exchange, get the bitcoins sent there and then convert them to USD and sent to your bank account. I'm not up to speed on what the best ones are, but Coinbase is used by a lot of big buisnesses for the service mentioned above and seems easy to use.

Bitcoin transactions are fairly simple once you get your head around them. Wallets have adresses and you need to tell him your adress once you have a wallet so he will know where to send the bitcoins. Wallets are mathematical proof (which is too complicated for me :p) that you own your adress.

Thanks for your help! Made a Coinbase account.

Ty4on

Thanks for your help! Made a Coinbase account.

No problem! Bitcoin.org has some guidelines and a FAQ, but a lot of it is for people who want to store and use bitcoins. I'm no expert, but feel free to PM if you have any questions. I originally mined some Dogecoin for fun, but got facinated by the way it worked.

And no, I didn't get rich. My 40k Doge that I mined weren't very valuable when Dogecoin hit its peak, but now it's just 6 bucks :p

Best of luck beating this thing man! Will donate what I can.

In for:

-3DS
-Assassins Creed Unity

No problem! Bitcoin.org has some guidelines and a FAQ, but a lot of it is for people who want to store and use bitcoins. I'm no expert, but feel free to PM if you have any questions. I originally mined some Dogecoin for fun, but got facinated by the way it worked.

And no, I didn't get rich. My 40k Doge that I mined weren't very valuable when Dogecoin hit its peak, but now it's just 6 bucks :p

Thanks guys for the donations. And Ty4on, thanks again for the information. It's been useful.

_woLf

Best of luck fighting this, man. I will donate tonight when I get home from work. :) I'll also see if I can find any items to add to the giveaway.

I'm in for the following:

RAT 7 mouse
Battlefield 4 Xbox One
Radeon 7950
Nintendo 3DS
Wolfenstein PS4
Hyrule Historia
Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor
Rhythm Thief 3DS

Marche90

Wait. An Xbox One? Major props to whoever donated that.

I've been meaning to donate at least $5 (since my budget is tiny) from the first time I saw this thread, but I still haven't gotten my paycheck :(. I should be getting it on Friday or Saturday.

WHEN I donate I'll put in here what I would like to get if it can be shipped outside the US. If not... well, I will leave with the satisfaction of knowing I'm helping a fellow gaffer :)

Wait. An Xbox One? Major props to whoever donated that.

I've been meaning to donate at least $5 (since my budget is tiny) from the first time I saw this thread, but I still haven't gotten my paycheck :(. I should be getting it on Friday or Saturday.

WHEN I donate I'll put in here what I would like to get if it can be shipped outside the US. If not... well, I will leave with the satisfaction of knowing I'm helping a fellow gaffer :)

Not an Xbox One, Battlefield 4 ON Xbox One.

Top Bottom