• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: Global Starcraft II Team League 2012 (GSTL) Season 2 - More Foreigners!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
53394.jpg

GomTV Page
TeamLiquid Liquidpedia

Teams*:
52525.jpg

*oGs has disbanded, no one to replace the team. All games with oGs are now walkovers.

*Round 1 (Preliminaries)
- Best of 9
- 8 participating teams: TSL, ZeNEX, NSH, oGs, IM, SlayerS, Fnatic, TeamLiquid
(the top 4 teams of last season are seeded into Round 2)
- 2 randomized groups with 4 teams each. Dual Tournament format, 2 teams advance, 2 teams are eliminated. (Same system as Code S Ro32, Ro16)
52527.png

*Round 2 (Pennant Race)
- Best of 9
- 8 participating teams: PRIME, StarTale, MVP, FXO (Top 4 teams from GSTL S1) + top 4 teams from Round 1
- 2 groups with 4 teams each. Dual Tournament format, 2 teams advance, 2 teams are eliminated. (Same system as Code S Ro32, Ro16)
52528.png

*Round 3 (Playoffs)
- Best of 9
- Semi-Finals: Group A 1st vs Group B 2nd, Group A 2nd vs Group B 1st
- Grand Finals

GSTL Season 2 is planned to run from 2012/05/28 - 2012/08/04.

Schedule:

Map Pool
  • GSL Antiga Shipyard
  • Atlantis Spaceship
  • GSL Daybreak
  • GSL Cloud Kingdom
  • GSL Entombed Valley
  • GSL Metropolis
  • ESV Muspelheim
  • GSL Ohana
  • GSL Whirlwind

Stream Live Link: http://www.gomtv.net/live/index.gom?conid=67542
Stream Specifications:
Free
SQ : Resolution: 512x288
Premium
SQ : 450Kbps(Video)+64Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 640x360 / Minimum bandwidth required: 550Kbps
HQ : 900Kbps(Video)+128Kbps(Audio) / Resolution: 960x540 / Minimum bandwidth required:1000Kbps

Buy the Premium Service

Permanent access to all the match VODs provided in 2012 Global StarCraft II Team League Season 1.
Additional access to services such as HQ Live Stream, Live Chat etc.

Vaporak

Wolf and Kaldor are so stupid, he canceled his upgrade and got a sentry first when he scouted no fast 3rd from a zerg.

Zzoram

Freaky has got to be the best player to debut in GSTL this year. I love team leagues.

This is such a high level PvZ.

Zzoram

He should have taken control of the mothership and vortexed the carriers.

Yup. Then laid down 100 Infested Terrans and fungal them to keep them clumped as they pop out and let the infested terrans kill them.

Freaky just qualified for Code A as well.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
Not really, Crank is weak vs Terran and in winner's league format you never want a player to get too much momentum.

Yeah I didn't realise Crank's bad PvT before I posted that.

jjakji has lost almost all of his recent games, so it's more like he shouldn't be coming out at all.

He didn't have a good day in the up and downs that is for sure.

Mairu

Excited to see TL in GSTL tonight even if Taeja won't be there. Hopefully I'll get to see a few games before having to sleep

Aaron

Is Zenio the one with the red hair?

Bah, they already took down the player names they put up by accident.

Corran Horn

Feels weird to see ZeNEX outlive oGs...

TL apparently does not have Taeja atm, must be still traveling. So they just have 5 players :/

Sliver

Avenge is up first, but he's a pretty great protoss.

Doesn't matter. After that they have both Mentalist and TREME, both are great protosses as well. I honestly don't think TL has much of a chance, especially without Taeja.

Striek

Good match. Very scrappy, I think both were overaggressive throwing away some leads but it was fun to watch.

Keikaku

Team Liquid's first win in the GSTL :D

Nice, back and forth game. Good comeback from Zenio after he lost his 4th and 3rd.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
I was not sure that Zenio could win that at the start, but he managed to pull it out.

Corran Horn

The size of the squads on the benches makes me lol. TL smallest lineup ever I'd assume?
Smallest allowed since best of 5. Curious if they advance what happens when bigger series of games lol.
Tsl had small lineups too, but tl is smaller

Keikaku

The size of the squads on the benches makes me lol. TL smallest lineup ever I'd assume?
Yup.

When Taeja comes back, they'll be tied with F-United for the smallest squad, unless you count the coach . . . in which case TL would still be the smallest.

EDIT: Well, that seemed like super greedy play by Zenio. 3rd base with no units, no upgrades and teching straight to Infestors . . .

Striek

Zenio went for the "build no units or spine crawlers" strategy. Even if he had all the infestors out in time he still can't kill +1 roaches with infestor/ling. -.-

Top Bottom