• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ragnarok - is likely a journey through all 9 realms [POSSIBLE SPOILERS]

Well it's a shame that you'll have nothing to do but chat shit for the next 9-12 months.

Hope it's fulfilling.

Will be worth it though.

2 brand new ips from prolific studios. It's like MS is making up for last few years of inactivity.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I actual get what you're saying. Ragnorok looking like it's the exact same game as the first isn't anything new either. People have been making that observation since the original reveal. People quoting you seem to be in defense mode but that same sentiment has been popping up all over the place.

If you like the first though, more of the same isn't necessarily bad. Those who enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn enjoyed Forbidden West for similar reasons.

The only thing I hope for is that the 60FPS mode plays and look "good enough". It's not going to beat PS5 only releases of course, but man please PLEASE just have more intresting characters that forbidden west, that game played good enough, looked more than adequate but the drive to keep playing just died for me due to how bad especially Alloy was.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Go in the reveal topic or any topic related to that trailer, i remember at least slimysnake but there was someone other.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Handel

Wish more studios would just reuse assets and foundations already in place in sequels just to really go hard in on the content side of things. This game will be better for it surely.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Wish more studios would just reuse assets and foundations already in place in sequels just to really go hard in on the content side of things. This game will be better for it surely.

I am 99% sure they do. If anything the core model work is mostly done. Probably just have to create a few new textures for the old models. Would be far too wasteful not to reuse assets already made.

I know Square does this a LOT. Many things in FFXIV are just models and enemies ripped straight from other games.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
Yeah I want 30 hours of greatness, not 100 hours including bloat/recycled bosses a la Elden Ring.
The first game got really long in the tooth around late game, the devs obviously stopped giving a fuck, it really dragged on and ruined an otherwise amazing game.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I may pony up for a release day purchase if it's this big of an adventure. I'm suddenly very interested.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I still think SSM needed a lot of time to figure the core gameplay loop out for GOW 2016, so at the end Sony pushed them for a fixed release date so they recycled a lot of fights and had to scrap a bunch to make the release. For this game all that is out of the way and they are able to concentrate on content creation and refinement … for five years.

I expect this to be a big ass game. Like AAAA massive in scope.

Top Bottom