• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok Jotnar Edition $259 (no disc)

nani17

are in a big trouble
For this price players should be getting a physical copy of the game there's no excuse not to put it in if you can put in a vinyl. I understand many people are ok with this but for me personally no disc is such a an expensive collector's edition is an absolute joke.

229​

Uk price

Collector's edition 179 also no disc.

Last edited:

Mikey Jr.

For this price players should be getting a physical copy of the game there's no excuse not to put it in if you can put in a vinyl. I understand many people are ok with this but for me personally no disc is such a an expensive collector's edition is an absolute joke.

229​

Uk price

But what if you have a digital ps5 only?

How would you play the disc?

So you’ll go out and buy the game for $70 to have a disc for the case.

Just watched the unboxing again. Yep it does come with a steel book case which contains the codes in it. That’s just dumb especially with what your paying for this.

You’re right about that. At least with the code everyone can play this. However most people own the disk edition PS5.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
eAF8oti.jpg

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Sure. That would be a smart way to do it.

But I guess sony figures the blowback to no game included at all would be bigger?
Well you can still sell versions that have the game also same as EA they just also have a version that has no game and have all the collectibles

Mikey Jr.

Well you can still sell versions that have the game also same as EA they just also have a version that has no game and have all the collectibles

True.

Regardless that shit sold out immediately and is going for 4x the price lol.
So this whole issue is moot lol.

Ellery

For me personally I am glad they are doing a digital code, but I can understand why people are upset about it and who prefer a physical version which they have more control over in the long run.

ViolentP

229​

Uk price

Physical media dying is the excuse.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

If you have a digital console... it feels a bit weird collecting game stuff but no discs?
idk, but this is probably good answer why this don't have the disc

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Every pc game sold in a box comes with a digital code.
Doom and Doom Eternal collectors editions came with a steel box (I mean really it's aluminum at best).

If you want the physical disc then buy regular priced physical version.

Personally I never open these collectors editions, they just sit in the box (in most cases they sit in the shipping box too) and wait until the eventual heat death of the universe.

*edit*
Also, who wants to get up and put a disc in to play the game...gross.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Like brought up before, they should sell the Collector Kits separate from the game entirely for those who want it. Then the consumer has the choice of how they want the actual game.

Also, the reason for this is because they probably have all the bundles ready, and since the game isn't gold yet, probably don't have the discs to include with them yet. Waiting for the discs would mean having to either hold off on the bundles for months (and thus rushing to get them packaged for launch), or repackaging them.

Last edited:

Aenima

Since last gen that some expensive colectors editions come without a physical disk. It comes with a code for the PS4 and PS5 digital version of the game. And the more the digital games gain traction the more we will see this.

Feels dumb, but its a collector edition that both Physical and Digital PS5 owners can buy.

Personally im good with my future peasant physical disk with no crap attached for hundreds of doll hairs.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

That’s kind of dumb how it comes with a steel case.
That's been my biggest issue with a lot of Collector's Editions these days. If they don't come with a disc, but come with a steel book... What's the point? To put a different game in it? Lol. Why not remove the steel book all together and replace it with something else that makes more sense? Or make something that's already big in the CE even better?

I really wanted to buy this collector's because I did enjoy the previous game, and I'm interested in checking Ragnarok out. But I feel like all of that will just get dust somewhere and take up space, lol. I'm trying to be much more selective about these things these days, rather than just getting every CE I can, lol.

Last edited:
That's been my biggest issue with a lot of Collector's Editions these days. If they don't come with a disc, but come with a steel book... What's the point? To put a different game in it? Lol. Why not remove the steel book all together and replace it with something else that makes more sense? Or make something that's already big in the CE even better?

I really wanted to buy this collector's because I did enjoy the previous game, and I'm interested in checking Ragnarok out. But I feel like all of that will just get dust somewhere and take up space, lol. I'm trying to be much more selective about these things these days, rather than just getting every CE I can, lol.

I would have replaced it with a leather bound art book with burnt pages.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Collector Editions of video games are alongside Loot-crates as some of the most frivolous shit of our time.

Just thinking of where all the plastic will end up. Better chance at reincarnation than myself, I have to admit.

Pelta88

This topic really highlights the craziest gaming Juxtaposition

Log onto social media: Everyone posting screenshots of their Ragnarok special edition receipts.

Log onto gaming Forums: People complaining and disparaging the special edition.

In reality, online gaming stores, amazon (temporarily) and my local retailer sold out of the base edition. Food for thought, right?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
This topic really highlights the craziest gaming Juxtaposition

Log onto social media: Everyone posting screenshots of their Ragnarok special edition receipts.

Log onto gaming Forums: People complaining and disparaging the special edition.

Try to call my local retailer... And they've sold out.
There's only one thing left to do..

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by LEGO Masters Australia

TexMex

I am a total mark for this junk but absolutely not without the game. You wouldn’t spend 250 on this crap if it were just sold as licensed trinkets in a GameStop.

Top Bottom