• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Of War Ragnarok Jotnar Edition $259 (no disc)

TLZ

Banned
A "collector's" edition with no game. That's ironic.

But what if you have a digital ps5 only?

How would you play the disc?
Put it in the steel case and use the code. That's what they should do. Others have. The disc costs practically nothing and a code's a code.

Mikey Jr.

Put it in the steel case and use the code. That's what they should do. Others have. The disc costs practically nothing and a code's a code.

So Sony puts 2 copies of god of war into the package?

Aenima

It comes with a voucher for the PS4 and PS5 digital version of the game. Ppl should learn to read in here before trigger the outrage button.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
It comes with a voucher for the PS4 and PS5 digital version of the game. Ppl should learn to read in here before trigger the outrage button.
I know there's a code. That's the irony in a collector's edition. You're collecting a code? The code should only be an option for people with a discless PS5. A collector's edition should come with a physical disc so you can collect, like everything in the package.

Aenima

I know there's a code. That's the irony in a collector's edition. You're collecting a code? The code should only be an option for people with a discless PS5. A collector's edition should come with a physical disc so you can collect, like everything in the package.
I do agree, but thats what u said. You said it was a collector edition with no game.

Last edited:

Fbh

I guess it's a code instead of a disc so they don't have to make a separate version for people with the Digital Only console.
But the fact it comes with a steelcase is silly as fuck. Just include some other overpriced junk instead.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
BYIr.gif

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yes. One should be in, the physical version because it's a collector's edition, that has a steel book case. The code is an option for people with discless PS5.
Problem is, you could buy the collectors edition and resell the key, making Jimbo lose on a sale on an extra copy.

tmlDan

For this price players should be getting a physical copy of the game there's no excuse not to put it in if you can put in a vinyl. I understand many people are ok with this but for me personally no disc is such a an expensive collector's edition is an absolute joke.

229​

Uk price

Collector's edition 179 also no disc.

I don't have the disk PS5, so this is perfect. Also......over 60% (maybe even 70%) of people buy digital now, so too bad so sad.

SirTerry-T

It's not a collector's edition, it's a You're A Stupid Fucker With Clearly More Money Than Sense Edition (with no disc).

TLZ

Banned
Problem is, you could buy the collectors edition and resell the key, making Jimbo lose on a sale on an extra copy.
Ok how about this, give people the option to choose a disc or a code. Whether buying online or in-store, take your pick. Shouldn't be too hard.

Kinda surprised about the demand for these. I got the last God of War collectors edition with the Kratos and Atreus statue for $48 plus tax with gamers club at best buy (man I miss that program) after it was on clearance. I mean GoW was already really big a few years back , but I guess Ragnoraks hype is at another level.

People defending the no disc in this version are crazy if only for the reason that they include a steel book (ya know those things to keep disc media in?) . Like wtf ? Not knocking those who prefer digital, but including a empty steel book case is just retarded.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I am a total mark for this junk but absolutely not without the game. You wouldn’t spend 250 on this crap if it were just sold as licensed trinkets in a GameStop.

Literally been said multiple times that it comes with the game.

That or the other shit that comes with the collectors edition. But sure, "you're spending 300 dollars for a voucher" if that makes the rage easier to sustain.

TLZ

Banned

That or the other shit that comes with the collectors edition. But sure, "you're spending 300 dollars for a voucher" if that makes the rage easier to sustain.
This all revolves around the game. You're buying all of that because of the game. You're not going into an antique shop to buy this stuff.

TexMex

You are perfectly aware that I am referencing the fact that it does not come with a physical copy of the game so quit being intentionally pedantic.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
For this price players should be getting a physical copy of the game there's no excuse not to put it in if you can put in a vinyl. I understand many people are ok with this but for me personally no disc is such a an expensive collector's edition is an absolute joke.

229​

Uk price

Collector's edition 179 also no disc.

il_794xN.2599921912_67as.jpg

I hate that it doesn't come with a disc but I get why. That said, I'm going to approach it like I did the Horizon one. I'll get this now and when the game eventually drops to $20 or so down the line I'll get my disc copy then. No big deal.

Beechos

Ive seen some collectors editions of other games give an option for you to contact the publishers to get a physical disc. Not sure if this one has it.

JaksGhost

You’re not playing the vinyl on the system so some of y’all are losing me with that one. A digital code is universal, a disk is not because only one SKU could use it. And they’re not going to include both that and a code voucher. They would have to split the collection into digital and physical versions and we all know that’s not going to happen. For physical collectors it sucks but that’s just how it’s going right now in this digital age.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
You are perfectly aware that I am referencing the fact that it does not come with a physical copy of the game so quit being intentionally pedantic.

Yes. And the comment still stands. This idea that SONY is being cheap or this isn't a good deal because it comes with a digital copy of the game that SONY has an infinite supply of, costs them "nothing" in production so its price isn't added on to the edition, and that doesn't leave digital PS5 owners out in the cold. . .is ridiculous.

Kilau

No disc because not everyone has a disc version PS5 but everyone has a stupid record player right? You lame vinyl loving hipsters did this to us!

Pre-ordered the collector's edition as I really want the mjolnir.

No disc indeed sucks tho, but I guess I can live with the empty steelbook as I display them on the wall like this.
LlQaAjV.jpg

But what if you have a digital ps5 only?

How would you play the disc?
There are a lot of things they could do if they want to be pro-consumer. Since they released two versions of the consoles, why not offer two versions of the CE, i.e. disc version and digital vouch version. Give player options. Most people buying the premium edition is for collection purpose, no disc really hurts the concept.
Jimbo's Playstation has made a lot of hiccups, they simply don't honor the customers as they used to.
This "trend" of releasing massively expensive collector's editions without the actual game is outrageous.
Hate to defense this, but it is not true, they include the digital vouch for both PS4 and PS5 game, it is just no physical disc when including a empty steelbook that is weird.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Sony providing a metal case but no disc with the expensive special editions is straight up the most cynical "fuck you" to customers I think I've ever seen outside of the kinds of shit internet service providers pull.

TexMex

Yes. And the comment still stands. This idea that SONY is being cheap or this isn't a good deal because it comes with a digital copy of the game that SONY has an infinite supply of, costs them "nothing" in production so its price isn't added on to the edition, and that doesn't leave digital PS5 owners out in the cold. . .is ridiculous.

No, the comment doesn’t stand at all and I didn’t say a single thing in your post about it not costing them anything, an infinite supply, etc. either, so idk what the fuck you’re on about.

ViolentP

You can make a profit without screwing your customers in the butt and force them to like it.

But sure, let's pretend maximizing profit *to an extreme* is the only possible strategy.
Maximizing profit is the priority of game developers and publishers. I’m sorry but expect that to be the motivation of their actions, not what benefits us consumers.

I realized it a long time ago so now, if it doesn’t benefit my enjoyment, I simply ignore it. It’s much easier this way instead of getting upset every time a developer/publisher does their job.

Top Bottom