• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High wins the Tribeca Games Award 2023

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Don't shoot the messenger.
arnold-schwarzenegger-cocking-gun-4ipyow50v4bhsd9b.gif

ae1da04e7014204e91f75eb84f0eaf4db4d482bd.gif

c315ccc604264d9099716bda303b907433b5f17b.gifv

Too late!

Last edited:

JimboJones

How? When did it release?
Doesn't have to release apparently.

According to Wikipedia:

Tribeca Games Award​

The Tribeca Games Award honors an unreleased video game, recognizing "its potential for excellence in art and storytelling through design, artistic mastery and highly immersive worlds."

Thirsty Suitors hasn't released yet either.

Kdad

2022's winner...

Can Jala learn to love herself and heal the wounds of her past? Thirsty Suitors is a stylish, story-driven adventure that unfolds through turn-based battles, skateboarding, and cooking.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
How do you win an award for a game that you haven't released? What's the award contingent upon exactly, if not being playable by the general public as the bare minimum. Awarding games before release is like awarding a film Picture of the Year before it hits theatrical release.

I had to look it up. It's an award for unreleased games..

"The Tribeca Games Award honors an unreleased video game, recognizing "its potential for excellence in art and storytelling through design, artistic mastery and highly immersive worlds."

Sounds like a BS award to be honest.

Roberts

I will never ever play that game, but I'm genuinely happy for them to win an award after the whole gaming internet made jokes about the game for what seemed like an eternity.

Top Bottom