• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High wins the Tribeca Games Award 2023

Fake

Animated GIF

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Doesn't have to release apparently.

According to Wikipedia:

Thirsty Suitors hasn't released yet either.
All the games that win are just about women on a journey of self discovery
Prior winners

Norco
The game takes place in an alternate version of Norco, Louisiana, and follows Kay, a woman who has returned home after her mother's death.

Thirsty Suitors
A woman, Jala, returns to her childhood home in Washington and must confront her former significant others.

Goodbye Volcano High
Non-binary Dinosaurs who are super gay.

These plots are exactly the same... I mean at this point it's 3 for 3 in visual novels for "PREDICTED" great story telling. This is essentially a "best trailer" award for indie titles who can't make good trailers.

Last edited:

poodaddy

I had to look it up. It's an award for unreleased games..

"The Tribeca Games Award honors an unreleased video game, recognizing "its potential for excellence in art and storytelling through design, artistic mastery and highly immersive worlds."

Sounds like a BS award to be honest.
Believe it or not I actually searched and couldn't find that information lol. Thanks.

Awards for things that have potential seem like the most arbitrary, ridiculous thing ever conceived, but hey if they can do it, so can I. I've got a plan that should work out great.

I'm gonna head to a powerlifting meet this weekend, and when my total is about a thousand pounds less than the winner's, I'll dutifully inform them that I actually still qualify for an award due to my potential to have a great total one day.

I'm sure the powerlifting community will embrace and accept me with this mindset as well, I honestly don't see what could go wrong.....

Last edited:

Teslerum

Believe it or not I actually searched and couldn't find that information lol. Thanks.

Awards for things that have potential seem like the most arbitrary, ridiculous thing ever conceived, but hey if they can do it, so can I. I've got a plan that should work out great.

I'm gonna head to a powerlifting meet this weekend, and when my total is about a thousand pounds less than the winner's, I'll dutifully inform them that I actually still qualify for an award due to my potential to have a great total one day.

I'm sure the powerlifting community will embrace and accept me with this mindset as well, I honestly don't see what could go wrong.....

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I believe it was delayed until August. As long as it comes out to give me time to binge it before Starfield, I'm good!

I need enough time to soak it all up and to tearfully say an honest goodbye to Volcano High, cause we all know it's fucked by a meteor.

mdkirby

I can’t say I get the hate for this game. I’m clearly not the target audience, and it’s a rhythm game which ain’t my cup of tea either. But for what it is, it looks well made, and pretty unique. I’m sure for its target audience and its genre it’s probably pretty great.

There’s countless games releasing this year where I am the core demographic 🤷‍♂️

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I had to look it up. It's an award for unreleased games..

"The Tribeca Games Award honors an unreleased video game, recognizing "its potential for excellence in art and storytelling through design, artistic mastery and highly immersive worlds."

Sounds like a BS award to be honest.

Excellence in art. Yeah, that's definitely Volcano High. :pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint:

nkarafo

I'm programming two games right now and I hope to sell them in the future. Games like the ones in this thread inspire me to keep going because I know even if I'm not making the best game ever, at least it isn't like these.

Don't forget to make sure your games cater to some weird fetish.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
''Tribeca Games Award honors an unreleased video game, recognizing "its potential for excellence in art and storytelling through design, artistic mastery and highly immersive worlds''

But honors it with what though? Best storytelling, GOTY, Best Art?.....

Like is this normal for them to award a game with a generic award that isn't listed as anything?....

rkofan87

Gold Member
All I see is a lot of people saying the artstyle sucks, it's cringe and furry shit and then one fucking turd throwing in the passive-agressive lgbtq lingo to frame these people and start a civil war.
even reeeeeeeeeeeeeee hates this lmao.

It’s an award for potential and fan interest.

Fun fact: Geoff Keighley’s show gave a similar type of award called “Most Anticipated Game” to Elden Ring before it released.

Varteras

Gold Member
It starts with Tribeca. Then The Game Awards. Then the world. Those fruity bastards will not be stopped until they rule it all. And then, when the whole world is Canadian, we'll all be sorry.

Top Bottom