• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Now the interesting question is whether it's Amir0x or Y2Kev doing these title changes :lol
Process of elimination puzzle

Amir0x makes every 3rd title change in the GT5 thread
Y2Kev makes the most topic changes on Wednesdays, but has been known to pop a title or two on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Kagari only changed the topic twice, somewhere in the middle of the 17 topic changes.
Amir0x and Y2Kev play off each other's topic changes on four out of 17 occasions.
Y2Kev prefers sexual references more than Amir0x.
Amir0x prefers topical changes more than Y2Kev.

Can you figure out who made which topic title changes on Wednesday?

Az

Y2Kev said:
that's part of the game. please take your seats so that we might begin the show.

no really, i'll stop now. this is fun, but i don't want to be like most gaf memes and run it into the ground. i mean RIGHT plane.gif

2yvkq2u.jpg

best I could get

Amir0x said:
Process of elimination puzzle

Amir0x makes every 3rd title change in the GT5 thread
Y2Kev makes the most topic changes on Wednesdays, but has been known to pop a title or two on Thursdays and Saturdays.
Kagari only changed the topic twice, somewhere in the middle of the 17 topic changes.
Amir0x and Y2Kev play off each other's topic changes on four out of 17 occasions.
Y2Kev prefers sexual references more than Amir0x.
Amir0x prefers topical changes more than Y2Kev.

Can you figure out who made which topic title changes on Wednesday?

Evilore of course.

Ploid 3.0 said:
6593_v.gif

That avatar is sending a powerful message. I want it framed and on my wall, also if you could make it alternate like you have that'd be nice.
I agree. Can we get some full-size action on that bitch? I want to see it all over the Internet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Does anyone have that gif of the professor's "you got it!" motion but edited to have him giving the middle finger :lol

GT5 now shipping with an invisible ink pen

but its never shipping so no worries

TEH-CJ

Banned
Does anyone have a link of the "new" and "improved" sound effects? it would be much appreciated.

I don't feel like going through 160 pages..or maybe I should?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TEH-CJ said:
The experience it self makes it worth it. Enjoy the ride~

Carl

TEH-CJ said:
Does anyone have a link of the "new" and "improved" sound effects? it would be much appreciated.

Do it. You'll enjoy it.

Rainier

Big Ass Ramp said:
Specifically your Canadian friends.
Hell, I can make a phone call tomorrow and let you guys know if it's landed in either of the Best Buy/Future Shop warehouses for Canada. But I doubt it.

What if the game never existed? what if it was all made up? What if I had just escaped into a dream world to cope with extreme depression that I suffered immediately after I realized that there would never be a sequel to Gran turismo 4 and I entered into a world where there WAS a GT5 that was announced. What if this 'delay' is just the medicine working and any moment now I will wake up in a padded room and find out that it is actually the year 2012 and there was never even a seventh console generation and right now everyone is still playing PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games

Ashes

Banned
Rainier said:
Hell, I can make a phone call tomorrow and let you guys know if it's landed in either of the the Best Buy/Future Shop warehouse. But I doubt it.

It's supposed to be shipping next week though; at least according to the rumours we've had so far... but do it any how...

lightless_shado said:
What if the game never existed? what if it was all made up? What if I had just escaped into a dream world to cope with extreme depression that I suffered immediately after I realized that there would never be a sequel to Gran turismo 4 and I entered into a world where there WAS a GT5 that was announced. What if this 'delay' is just the medicine working and any moment now I will wake up in a padded room and find out that it is actually the year 2012 and there was never even a seventh console generation and right now everyone is still playing PS2, Gamecube and Xbox games
500x_this_is_not_george_takei.jpg

Foffy

Banned
This is uh...quite the interesting "race" going on here. :lol I've never been a supremely interested GT buff but I think this thread has inspired me to reconsider that stance.

Thanks guys, for making me consider this as a day 1 purchase...

Whenever it comes out ):

Ashes

Banned
For a split second I thought the title changed again to:

"Viacom to sell Gran Turismo 5 to Harmonix, but only if Czech Republic says "jett"

And for some reason, I went: what? that doesn't even make sense. :p

"I've never been a supremely interested GT buff but I think this thread has inspired me to reconsider that stance."

The thread title changes are immensely more entertaining than the actual game.

iammeiam

So... thread title means Gran Turismo 5 will be shipped exclusively in a forthcoming PS3 RB3 Keyboard bundle, boosting sales and seemingly reviving the Czech plastic instrument genre so Viacom can get a higher price when they finally sell Harmonix?

Ashes

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"I've never been a supremely interested GT buff but I think this thread has inspired me to reconsider that stance."

The thread title changes are immensely more entertaining than the actual game.

Teknopathetic
Now we can handle this like some gentlemen, or we can get into some old BINGO shit.
(Today, 03:44 AM)
Reply | Quote

edit: actually, on a more genuine point, what does the 'Bingo shit' refer to, or mean even?

Carl

Combichristoffersen said:
I think he implied that if you left the thread again, something would happen :lol
Leave the thread and we might get a definite release date!

I'm heartbroken that you would rather have a release date, than have me in the thread :D

"edit: actually, on a more genuine point, what does the 'Bingo shit' refer to, or mean even?"

The quote is originally "gangster shit," but I change it to some quote from whatever Street Fighter character I happen to be maining sometimes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
GT5 has headtracking... so you can look over and nod your head demeaningly at the driver you're currently overtaking. Bye motherfucker.

This is the thought I will go to sleep on. This and the number 23.

Amir0x

Banned
recklessmind said:
GT5 has headtracking... so you can look over and nod your head demeaningly at the driver you're currently overtaking. Bye motherfucker.

This is the thought I will go to sleep on.

It's confirmed Gran Turismo 5 has every feature known to mankind. This delay was made so they can include Kaz's fabled Gran Turismo RPG mode, where you play a young driver who must fight crazy NASCAR fans in order to figure out the Identity of the New Stig.

Rainier

theignoramus said:
what the fuck is going on? anything worth an explanation?
Not yet, but soon. Very soon...

Amir0x said:
It's confirmed Gran Turismo 5 has every feature known to mankind. This delay was made so they can include Kaz's fabled Gran Turismo RPG mode, where you play a young driver who must fight crazy NASCAR fans in order to figure out the Identity of the New Stig.
Still crossing my fingers that the dash has a decent size cup holder, at least 16oz.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
recklessmind said:

This is the thought I will go to sleep on.
Wait a second, I know this game's got headtracking but do we know if other players actually see the head of the driver move as we look around?

Ashes

Banned
Amir0x said:

Wait till you hear the theory that it was the BBC/stig problems around the time the delay news started happening, that caused the delay... :/

TEH-CJ

Banned
theignoramus said:
what the fuck is going on? anything worth an explanation?

supposedly GT5 release date is nov 23rd. and just speaking to my good friend chris that is a senior manager at eb games, just confirmed the release date is also on the 23rd. no bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom