• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

pasterpl

This sounds rough, I honestly expect that the amount of credits you earn or the prices of the cars will be reduced over the coming weeks.

also, how are we comparing flight sim to GT7? One is an actual simulator used by pilots to learn how to fly a specific plane with planes that are designed , developed and sold by third parties for a specific aircraft.

the other is a great “sim” racer but no driver Is using it to learn how to drive that specific car. If you can’t see the difference then you are …I dunno….
Also when you buy fs2020 you have got access to all planes that are in the main game, any additional planes can only be bought as extra/additional content. There is no route to unblock them, Microsoft doesn’t force you to grind for 100s of h to unlock new Cessna. With FS, the creators community is huge and it always was, people were concerned that it will not be allowed but it is, 3rd party companies are making £££ by creating very detailed models of real planes.

thats Why these two games/models should not be compared

also, if we want to compare both, gt cars that cost £40 vs fs planes that cost £40 - let me know when gt will allow you to switch all buttons that are in the car and make them work, there is so much more complexity and detail that goes to these fs planes that it actually make it worth that £££

Jimmy_liv

When is the last time Motorsport released? I’m talking about present games. Specify which one.
Ugh..... He's still here moving the goalposts. Fact. You can go and play Forza motorsports 7 right now for the price of a gamepass sub and not have to contend with Mtx. That was my point and I am correct.

You blurted something out which was incorrect and made no sense. Just give it up already

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
also, how are we comparing flight sim to GT7? One is an actual simulator used by pilots to learn how to fly a specific plane with planes that are designed , developed and sold by third parties for a specific aircraft.

the other is a great “sim” racer but no driver Is using it to learn how to drive that specific car. If you can’t see the difference then you are …I dunno….
I am pretty confident reports came out with professional racers practicing with GT to familiarise themselves with tracks (the way they get dismissed due to lack of G Force simulation would apply to planes too). Sure MSFS does push even more strongly in that direction simulation depth wise, but it still worth comparing unless it does not suit the argument…

Creating the model for each and the physics takes time: I think you are underestimating how the cars are designed and how each model is tuned to faithfully recreate the original in look and feel. So both scenarios can be compared. The cars are not designed by third parties but by Polyphony with access to the car data by the car manufacturers if not in direct collaboration with them, how does this change anything? You want to make arguments to say that planes should cost more than cars, totally different debate to be had though.

Also when you buy fs2020 you have got access to all planes that are in the main game, any additional planes can only be bought as extra/additional content. There is no route to unblock them, Microsoft doesn’t force you to grind for 100s of h to unlock new Cessna. With FS, the creators community is huge and it always was, people were concerned that it will not be allowed but it is, 3rd party companies are making £££ by creating very detailed models of real planes.
It is great that they allow the community to make and sell planes. MS does not force you to grind to get new planes, it also does not allow you to if you wanted to see it from that angle (which would be a bit unfair yes as it is not content MS produces and they would need to pay for them… which they could, I guess people think all the cars Polyphony creates cost a dime a dozen).

thats Why these two games/models should not be compared

also, if we want to compare both, gt cars that cost £40 vs fs planes that cost £40 - let me know when gt will allow you to switch all buttons that are in the car and make them work, there is so much more complexity and detail that goes to these fs planes that it actually make it worth that £££
Not sure why to pay due respect you have to shit on the other and undersell the effort that goes in those cars. Given the collaborations they do with the car manufacturers for new cars, showrooms, prototypes and it seems like they ar eh appunto at how faithful the experience is.

sips-tea-stephen-a-smith.gif

Man scanned fanboy Twitter for good talking points and went with a rather stupid false equivalence. You can do better fam. Or you could simply stop defending corporate greed.

TrebleShot

This sounds rough, I honestly expect that the amount of credits you earn or the prices of the cars will be reduced over the coming weeks.

Not sure if your serious or just trolling.

GT is accredited by the FIA and has a very serious and popular E-sport component. The FIA accredits sports such as F1 for example and no other game is accredited by them competitively.

Only last month a pro GT player made the transition from E-sports to real racing and many racing drivers do in fact use GT for training and have mentioned the realism in the past.

Just for shits and giggles let’s add up how much Gamepass costs across a year or multiple years considering how long people play these games then add the MTX costs of something like FH5 or Forza 7 (which is no longer on GP) I think everyone will realise GT7 is much cheaper.

GP across x1 year = £120 or £220 over two years for ACCESS to a game then you need Car passes to attain all vehicles.

Goalus

GT is accredited by the FIA and has a very serious and popular E-sport component. The FIA accredits sports such as F1 for example and no other game is accredited by them competitively.

Only last month a pro GT player made the transition from E-sports to real racing and many racing drivers do in fact use GT for training and have mentioned the realism in the past.

Just for shits and giggles let’s add up how much Gamepass costs across a year or multiple years considering how long people play these games then add the MTX costs of something like FH5 or Forza 7 (which is no longer on GP) I think everyone will realise GT7 is much cheaper.

GP across x1 year = £120 or £220 over two years for ACCESS to a game then you need Car passes to attain all vehicles.
I have often read here that Game Pass is unsustainable because it doesn't bring in enough money from consumers. Now all of a sudden you are saying that it supposedly brings in more money than a $70 game with $40 mtx? This can't be true.

ZywyPL

Banned
Can someone do the math and let us know how many races/hours would one need to win/finish to afford all in game cars - you know the content included with full version of the game (i am not mentioning dlcs)?

Someone could but the bottom line is - humans don't live that long.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The FIA accredits sports such as F1 for example and no other game is accredited by them competitively.

And?

During covid lockdown shit, no series of note was using GT to host online sim racing in lieu of actual racing.

iRacing is many hundreds of times the simulator that GT will ever be.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
3 The grind middle and end areas is dramatically/noticeably longer than the initial start which does slow down gains. Doing match on it right now but I would say it rests around...40-70%. FYI that is on the hardest difficulty with clean runs.(I have, as of yet, not heard of any other reviewer who even looks at the math and such in reviews. Thats not some kind of brag. Its something that we should all be doing. Just saying its not tracked)

I thought that difficulty does not affect winning prizes?

Umm GT is an official Olympics game and there are literal professional racers who got there start through GT Academy.

Yea FS2020 being an “actual simulator used by real pilots” means nothing. Not downplaying FS2020 btw, just showing that your argument is no more valid than the above.
They had real racing experience though if I recall, and simply used Gran Turismo as a way in the door, via one of their competitions. I would agree that either being a simulator or not is irrelevant though.

I do think that the planes on FS2020 are different though. The planes for sale are community made planes. They set the prices. If GT allowed it's community to create any cars they wished and release them into the game, I don't think there would be near the pushback against it.

TrebleShot

And?

During covid lockdown shit, no series of note was using GT to host online sim racing in lieu of actual racing.

iRacing is many hundreds of times the simulator that GT will ever be.
I’m sure it is, but no one beyond sim racing fans have heard of it and it’s PC only as far as I am aware so the cost and barrier to entry is significantly higher.

Just because something is technically better or more realistic does not mean it is a better overall package or experience.

And just on your comment about COVID, wasn’t F1 2022 used in place of actual racing, if you’ve played that you know it’s excellent but definitely more “simcade” than hardcore sim.

Last edited:

Three

Please see below:
He doesn't have 81 hours in campaign. He has 2.7M on hand having no doubt already spent some too. At the beginning you earn less and buy/use the cheap 30,000CR cars. As you progress the winnings become larger and larger. That's what GT is. The grind is equivalent to GTSport or any other GT. It is there with the most expensive 20,000,000 cars but you never really have a shortage of Cr to buy cars and and enter the races. I still haven't bought a bunch of 20,000,000 cars in GT Sport even.

Last edited:

Calverz

I got 3 years gamepass for £82. And there is no mtx in FH5 or FM7.

I bought gran turismo 7 for £70 and it’s packed full of mtx.

Three

I got 3 years gamepass for £82. And there is no mtx in FH5 or FM7.

I bought gran turismo 7 for £70 and it’s packed full of mtx.
There are mtx in FH5, there were in FM7 too, loot boxes and tokens for sale even until it was removed. For FH5 there are still car passes, welcome packs, drift packs, etc being sold for $30. Some of this content is also blocked off for those who would prefer to win them and not pay extra.

Calverz

There are mtx in FH5, there were in FM7 too, loot boxes and tokens for sale even until it was removed. For FH5 there are still car passes, welcome packs, drift packs, etc being sold for $30. Some of this content is also blocked off for those who would prefer to win them and not pay extra.
There is none in fm7 and there is none in fh5. I can’t buy cars in fh5 like in gt7.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Getting in-game credits is so easy. I have never had to buy credits with GT Sports or now in GT7.

Three

There is none in fm7 and there is none in fh5. I can’t buy cars in fh5 like in gt7.

All the shit you can buy:

Calverz

All I’m seeing is DLC. Not MTX.
Gran Turismo is now undoubtedly the king of MTX.

Three

All I’m seeing is DLC. Not MTX.
Gran Turismo is now undoubtedly the king of MTX.
No because you can buy £3 individual cars too and small things in the game

and get things that are in game already. Still, DLC and MTX are the same thing, what's the difference? You said you can't buy cars in FH5 but you clearly can.

Last edited:

pasterpl

I have got fh5 premium edition and got it all included. If I get gt7 deluxe edition will I have access to more credits that will allow me to buy 20mln credits car or will I still have to buy credits packs or grind for 100s of hours?

Three

I have got fh5 premium edition and got it all included. If I get gt7 deluxe edition will I have access to more credits that will allow me to buy 20mln credits car or will I still have to buy credits packs or grind for 100s of hours?
So you paid £85 quid for the premium edition of FH5.

I mean great but yes if you buy the deluxe GT7 you get access to extra Cr too. Doesn't mean infinite money though. You still have to play the game.

Not here comparing the two models anyway. Somebody said FH5 doesn't have MTX and you can't buy cars. All I'm saying is It does and you can. The guy was comparing gamepass anyway, not paying £85 for FH5 premium.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Shell companies for DLC 😄. So let me get this straight all Polyphony need to do to charge $51 for a plane (car) and it will be ok is say they outsourced their modelling to someone (which they ironically have this time round).

Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator:
"This unique add-on was created in close and fruitful collaboration with Microsoft and Asobo Studio"

I'm pretty sure a lot of the non-dlc planes were outsourced to this company anyway. Now they publish $51 planes to sell to whales.

Not to mention in Europe that's literally the first party publisher of the retail game

Shell Company, whose? What stage of cope is this? First look up what a shell company is. Aerosoft makes addons for other flight simulators and other simulator games. So by your logic all Behesda mods and Halo forge maps are just "outsourced content" and Dota was just a project outsourced by Blizzard and they hired IceFrog for that. How benevolent of Microsoft, allowing their "shell companies" and outsourcing studios to release their assets for X-Plane and Prepar3D.
Another thing these concerned bunch are afraid of mentioning - third party addons in Flight Simulator can be sold(or downloaded for free ones) independent of the marketplace.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Flight simulator literally simulates every single knobw, switch, throttle, peddles etc for simulation. You literally have to start the plane and use every single required instrument if you are in full sim mode. Flight simulator and gt can not be compared for this.

Saying that I completely agree and understand that drivers use gt and other sim racers to learn tracks and roughly how cars respond in some ways but Flight sim and GT are completely different. It's blatantly just Sony fans trying to do whatever they can to deflect tge reality of the situation with GT7.

I'm not even getting involved in it of people cant see the difference between Flight sim and gran turismo.

Three

Shell Company, whose? What stage of cope is this? First look up what a shell company is. Aerosoft makes addons for other flight simulators and other simulator games. So by your logic all Behesda mods and Halo forge maps are just "outsourced content" and Dota was just a project outsourced by Blizzard and they hired IceFrog for that. How benevolent of Microsoft, allowing their "shell companies" and outsourcing studios to release their assets for X-Plane and Prepar3D.
Another thing these concerned bunch are afraid of mentioning - third party addons in Flight Simulator can be sold(or downloaded for free ones) independent of the marketplace.
Clealy didn't mean shell company in the literal sense. I meant it metaphorically as a company people here use to validate/distance themselves from a $51 mtx plane in a game. Aerosoft has a close relationship with MS and I think even help make the add on system and published the retail game in Europe. Doesn't change the fact that there are $50 planes in the game.

Mr Moose

Flight simulator literally simulates every single knobw, switch, throttle, peddles etc for simulation. You literally have to start the plane and use every single required instrument if you are in full sim mode. Flight simulator and gt can not be compared for this.

Saying that I completely agree and understand that drivers use gt and other sim racers to learn tracks and roughly how cars respond in some ways but Flight sim and GT are completely different. It's blatantly just Sony fans trying to do whatever they can to deflect tge reality of the situation with GT7.

I'm not even getting involved in it of people cant see the difference between Flight sim and gran turismo.
Does it have MTX? If yes, it can be compared.
MTX is MTX.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Mtx that are provided by third party developers for planes not included in the game. A flight simulator plane is doing leagues more things than a car in GT.

I'm out lol

A huge amount of work goes into cars design and modelling too (especially in terms of accuracy of the model, paint, interiors [which are not a web view, but fully 3D modelled, textured, and shaded]). I think you are underselling GT cars here.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

People are weird, it must be their green/blue blood or something.
MTX is MTX, doesn't matter what the game is/who develops or publishes it, defending one and condemning another is hypocritical.

It's simple, either pay for it or don't. In most cases I will choose not to.
If someone sees value in it they might purchase the MTX or if they are lazy in this case.
Ubisoft adds MTX in single player games, I wouldn't buy that shit but it's there for anyone that wants it.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Sony raising the prices of games to 70 pounds a unit and then add the most egregious MTX structures of any mainstream game to one of its most beloved franchises and you know......fans just try to deflect it and act like it's fine.

And people are worrying about a game pass future and shit...holy fuck!

Topher

Gold Member
People are weird, it must be their green/blue blood or something.
MTX is MTX, doesn't matter what the game is/who develops or publishes it, defending one and condemning another is hypocritical.

It's simple, either pay for it or don't. In most cases I will choose not to.
If someone sees value in it they might purchase the MTX or if they are lazy in this case.
Ubisoft adds MTX in single player games, I wouldn't buy that shit but it's there for anyone that wants it.

I agree. It is selective concern. If folks are going to call this stuff out then they should be consistent about it.

As for myself, I'll just do like I always do and not pay for something if I think it costs too much.

Awkward John Krasinski GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

kikii

Sony raising the prices of games to 70 pounds a unit and then add the most egregious MTX structures of any mainstream game to one of its most beloved franchises and you know......fans just try to deflect it and act like it's fine.

And people are worrying about a game pass future and shit...holy fuck!
cool, what are these prices then ? oO

lpmX4xH.png

pO42iRs.png

Top Bottom