• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7’s microtransactions are live, and GT Sports’ $5 cars now cost $40

ManaByte

Gold Member
How many of those flight sim planes were in the game? For some reason I thought they were created by others or something

You can see the names of the creators right under the planes. So yes, but lets not let facts invade the outrage.

Last edited:

McCheese

Imagine if a modern game had old school cheat codes. Do some Konami-code shit and you get unlimited credits, I'm too young to remember but it seems weird how everyone is just okay that this stopped being a thing.

zombrex

Super GT has been playing flat out and has only has 2.7 million credits on hand after 81 hours of play.
There are cars that cost 20,000,000 so do the math.
He also said he thinks they are too hard to earn in the game.
If you are a casual player you have no chance of using a huge percentage of the game's content.
You also have to modify cars for online races now which is an increased credit sync vs sport.
The game is clearly very unfair with credits to push you towards microtransactions.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
the irony lol

What? We’re talking about a third party that only gets paid once, that’s at the sale of the model. We’re not talking about a company that has already been paid to complete models that are in game already. These aren’t even new models they’re charging $40 for, this isn’t the community hand making new cars that aren’t in the game selling them for $40.

You can see the difference right? Right.

Glad we cleared that up. Probably should of played FlightSim first.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo Sport had the same system. This isn't a new thing, it's been around for 9 years. It's a time saver for players who don't have the time to grind out credits by playing the game.

The fake outrage posting in this thread is honestly shocking.
bull fucking shit.

Finally a racing sim where I have to grind for hours and hours so I can use a car that doesn't suck ass. Rinse and repeat.
For less money I'll get 48 racing tracks in Mario Kart 8. It's piss poor value and a reason to boycott.

Kagey K

Banned

More intriguingly, the vehicle values will be dynamic, and guided by Hagerty’s own real-world expertise. Although no interval has been stated yet, the prices in the dealer will rise and fall (as indicated by blue and red arrows) as they would in a real classic car dealer, using the Hagerty Valuation Tool.
For players in the USA, there’s another angle to the partnership. If you’re a member of the Hagerty Drivers Club, you can receive a voucher to get a free vehicle from the Legend Cars dealership, with an exclusive Hagerty livery. That deal renews every year, so you can get a different car each time.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
That's the neat part, you don't!
Lies No GIF

Inviusx

bull fucking shit.

Finally a racing sim where I have to grind for hours and hours so I can use a car that doesn't suck ass. Rinse and repeat.
For less money I'll get 48 racing tracks in Mario Kart 8. It's piss poor value and a reason to boycott.

If you play the game normally you're showered with cars and credits. Of the 40ish cars I own, two I bought myself and the rest were rewarded from the campaign/licenses/missions.

The game is not holding back on giving you stuff.

TrebleShot

The plot thickens.

Today I was invited to purchase a Porsche Carrera in career mode….

The catch? The invite runs out on March 19th , not sure what happens after, but the car costs 2.3m credits.

This must be alot of peoples 1st GT or they never played GT5 or GT6 limited Used cars were always a thing and were even set up by the in-game/real world clock. If you play the game you get tons of cash and cars all of the time you can ignore the cars that cost the 20mill till the end game but most of those cars are collectors type cars.

Inviusx

This must be alot of peoples 1st GT or they never played GT5 or GT6 limited Used cars were always a thing and were even set up by the in-game/real world clock. If you play the game you get tons of cash and cars all of the time you can ignore the cars that cost the 20mill till the end game but most of those cars are collectors type cars.

In GT4 there were also cars that were only available on 1 day of the year in the UCD. The games have always been like this, they aren't designed to be "completed" in weeks or months they want you to have things to work towards up until the next game. It's classic GT.

Three

Shell companies for DLC 😄. So let me get this straight all Polyphony need to do to charge $51 for a plane (car) and it will be ok is say they outsourced their modelling to someone (which they ironically have this time round).

Head of Microsoft Flight Simulator:
"This unique add-on was created in close and fruitful collaboration with Microsoft and Asobo Studio"

I'm pretty sure a lot of the non-dlc planes were outsourced to this company anyway. Now they publish $51 planes to sell to whales.

Not to mention in Europe that's literally the first party publisher of the retail game

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Holy shit, this FS2020 comparison is the mother of all false equivalencies.

FS2020 is an actual simulator used by real pilots and pilots in training to learn all of the systems and switch gear of various planes. Addons are also made by entirely separate companies who don't have the multi billion dollar backing from Microsoft so they have to pass on costs more directly to their customers.

Gran Turismo might has well be fucking Daytona USA in comparison.

Karak

Not really able to parse this thread as everyone is going everywhere.
Some points of facts for reference from someone reviewing it.
1 Store wasn't live during the review period
2 Those who didn't do a review in progress most likely also do not have a mission statement or review statement for their channel or page. Which means they aren't required to cover the store.(Before you argue with me on this just be aware I am not saying its cool I am saying their is no actual requirement if they aren't telling you they hold themselves to that.
3 The grind middle and end areas is dramatically/noticeably longer than the initial start which does slow down gains. Doing match on it right now but I would say it rests around...40-70%. FYI that is on the hardest difficulty with clean runs.(I have, as of yet, not heard of any other reviewer who even looks at the math and such in reviews. Thats not some kind of brag. Its something that we should all be doing. Just saying its not tracked)
4 I love the gyro steering lol

Last edited:

Three

If the online reviewers have any dignity they will retract their reviews and drop the score 2 points until Sony reviews their MTX policy. This is unacceptable in a full priced game. GT7 should have been FTP like Halo if this is the route they wanted to go. I have seen people say they are getting 80000 credits an hour that is an insane grind if there are many cars over 1 million credits.
80,000 credits an hour 😂
That's because they are on the beginner races when you start with a small normal car. As you go up to super car races the prize money increases. GT Sport and all past GT is the same.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
- Buying a top car in GT Sport with money had a cost of 5$
- Buying a top car in GT7 with money has a cost of 40$
And because there isn't an option to buy the car with real money, so the dumb-ass work around solution to that must be the official way.
I understand you clearly.
Anyway I've grown bored of the topic and I need to reach level 100 on my Halo Infinite battlepass
Gotta get that sick Helmet cosmetic!
It's only $200!

Tripolygon

Banned
Holy shit, this FS2020 comparison is the mother of all false equivalencies.

FS2020 is an actual simulator used by real pilots and pilots in training to learn all of the systems and switch gear of various planes. Addons are also made by entirely separate companies who don't have the multi billion dollar backing from Microsoft so they have to pass on costs more directly to their customers.

Gran Turismo might has well be fucking Daytona USA in comparison.
Umm GT is an official Olympics game and there are literal professional racers who got there start through GT Academy.

Yea FS2020 being an “actual simulator used by real pilots” means nothing. Not downplaying FS2020 btw, just showing that your argument is no more valid than the above.

Dream-Knife

Banned

93xfan

Banned
Well we know they will put MTX in the game... GTS had it.
But I'm really happy is that they increase the price.

So they are telling you to rely more on your earned ingame credits than buying credits with money.
GTS was too cheap that made people took the easy way.
So they offer MTX because they don’t want people to use MTX…

And it’s done in a way to offer no disincentives for rich people.

Well that all checks out.

Last edited:

MScarpa

We are now paying $70 for games, and 10$ upgrade fees. Plus these collection edition. These companies wont stop, until they milk us of money.
Not for the Xbox ecosystem. Still 60$ and no upgrade fees. Atleast for now anyways. Just buy used, atleast it's what I do. Fuck their markups.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Umm GT is an official Olympics game and there are literal professional racers who got there start through GT Academy.

Yea, like 3 people and they had real world racing experience and simply used a competition on GT for a leg up.

Not even remotely the same thing.

reezoo

What needs to be done is objective comparison of how much effort it would take to get these 40$ cars in previous games and see if they inflated it to push people towards MTX. If there isn’t any inflation in the ingame effort required then this sounds like a move to discourage people from buying cars via MTX. I earn in 6 figures an think twice before buying more then 1 game in a month. 40$ for a car is just insane. I planned to buy GT7 plus steering etc. to do the setup but if I had to put more money to get cars, not happening.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Super GT has been playing flat out and has only has 2.7 million credits on hand after 81 hours of play.
If you are a casual player you have no chance of using a huge percentage of the game's content.
You also have to modify cars for online races now which is an increased credit sync vs sport.
The game is clearly very unfair with credits to push you towards microtransactions.
That sounds rough.

Inviusx

What needs to be done is objective comparison of how much effort it would take to get these 40$ cars in previous games and see if they inflated it to push people towards MTX. If there isn’t any inflation in the ingame effort required then this sounds like a move to discourage people from buying cars via MTX. I earn in 6 figures an think twice before buying more then 1 game in a month. 40$ for a car is just insane. I planned to buy GT7 plus steering etc. to do the setup but if I had to put more money to get cars, not happening.

The cars that are 1 million+ credits are Le Man's endurance cars, the F1 replicas, some rare classic cars from motorsport history like the Ferarri 250 GTO and some specially tuned fan favourites from GT history like the Tom's Castrol Supra.

The other 90% of the roster is your average GT fair, like 80s/90s tuners, hot hatches, muscle cars etc all of which are in that 40-400k credit range. Even the actual GR3 racing variants are only 450k like GT Sport.

So don't get the wrong idea that you can't afford cars without ponying up your six figure salary, most of the cars are stupidly easy to acquire.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
There's also the peer pressure with kids. My boy and his friends love cars. They all play Forza Horizon together. One of the kids ends up with a hyper car like Bugatti etc, and he will rock up in that and so the other kids then want one as well. One of the other kids parents will then be nagged into getting their kid one, and your kid is the only one without it. So while we are talking diffferent games, the process is the same. Theres going to be a hell of alot of parents buying $40 cars so their kids arnt left out.

Last edited:

Sega Orphan

Banned
That's really scummy. I imagine they will do something about it, but the MTX cash grab in games is getting out of hand.
I would have spent easily close to $1k on Fornite with all the Battle passes, V-bucks etc. If I hear the words "there a really cool skin in the item store" ever again....

In GT4 there were also cars that were only available on 1 day of the year in the UCD. The games have always been like this, they aren't designed to be "completed" in weeks or months they want you to have things to work towards up until the next game. It's classic GT.
yep and some of that stuff is Easter eggs and stuff jay leno's cars could only be bought out of the used car in GT5 the GT games are built on you playing them either over and over or just continually till the next game. The amount of stuff in these games is crazy and they arent ment to be played in a after noon and thats its kaz never designed any of the GT games to work like that.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had some PSN credit and bought the 19.99 pack for 2 million credits. I ended up with a Lamborghini. Somehow I feel like they want to gradually take more of my money each time I boot this game up. It was fun for what I played today. I was showing it off to my kid. Kinda feel empty inside for buying a digital car like that. The industry must think we are pretty stupid to make this much money off one game. I have enjoyed these games since PS1/2.

wipeout364

80,000 credits an hour 😂
That's because they are on the beginner races when you start with a small normal car. As you go up to super car races the prize money increases. GT Sport and all past GT is the same.
Please see below:

Hugare

Microtransactions not being live during the review period is all that needs to be said about this shit

Sony knew that this shit wouldnt fly

Disgusting. I was going to buy it as soon as I finish Elden Ring, but fuck this game and fuck Sony.

Kagey K

Banned
Microtransactions not being live during the review period is all that needs to be said about this shit

Sony knew that this shit wouldnt fly

Disgusting. I was going to buy it as soon as I finish Elden Ring, but fuck this game and fuck Sony.
Hiding them during review period is definitely deceitful.

Anyone in here defending this, better never whine about about MTX in games again.

Rykan

Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo Sport had the same system. This isn't a new thing, it's been around for 9 years. It's a time saver for players who don't have the time to grind out credits by playing the game.

The fake outrage posting in this thread is honestly shocking.
Ah yes, its developers trying to sell a solution for a problem they themselves created. How are people still falling for this crap? The grind has been designed delibaretly to get players to spend money on the game to skip it. This isn't some kind of "solution" to an unavoidable problem.

pasterpl

Can someone do the math and let us know how many races/hours would one need to win/finish to afford all in game cars - you know the content included with full version of the game (i am not mentioning dlcs)?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This sounds rough, I honestly expect that the amount of credits you earn or the prices of the cars will be reduced over the coming weeks.

also, how are we comparing flight sim to GT7? One is an actual simulator used by pilots to learn how to fly a specific plane with planes that are designed , developed and sold by third parties for a specific aircraft.

the other is a great “sim” racer but no driver Is using it to learn how to drive that specific car. If you can’t see the difference then you are …I dunno….

Top Bottom