• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 PSVR2 Hands-On Impressions

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh. Well then. Maybe I spoke to soon when I said not at launch.

All Aboard Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's incredible to see Ryan McCaffery talk like this about PSVR2, since he's been IGN's head Xbox guy for the past 10 years! This is huge!
I think it’s pretty crazy that they opened up pre orders before announcing the GT7 VR mode, its like the number 1 selling point IMO (outside of Horizon).

This is Sony being Sony. They ALWAYS do marketing like this. I think it's stupid, but they believe in having multiple marketing beats for everything they sell. They used to do this back when they did E3. They'll have an E3 showcase and leave information out of it. Just to release more information 2 hours after the showcase.

Markio128

He did and said the Delorean in Gt7 in PSVR2 was PERFECT! He felt like he was back in his old car again.
And now he won’t have to worry about the thing breaking down every 50 miles. Win. Seriously though, he did seem genuinely stoked about it, which is really nice to see.

sachos

"The PSVR2 is a massive leap from the original PSVR, and as someone who currently owns a Meta Quest 2, I would even go so far as to say the PSVR2 sets a new benchmark among mainstream virtual reality headsets. The PSVR2 is significantly more comfortable than the Quest 2, which seems to press all of its weight directly into your face around your eyes."

"This process is called “foveated rendering”, and it works so well while you are actually using the PSVR2 that you would never even know it’s happening. It’s impossible to look at a lower resolution area because the headset detects your eyes have moved and updates the new focus area in milliseconds."

"I played for nearly an hour on various tracks, in various weather conditions, with a full grid of cars, and I never noticed any dropped frames or stuttering. It just worked, and it looked incredible."

"Driving games are just perfectly suited to virtual reality, and from my perspective it appears that Gran Turismo 7 is offering one of the best virtual reality driving experiences available today."

"The detail and lighting in things like the gauge clusters are just a treat to look at in the PSVR2’s HDR display when you’re racing at night."

Last edited:
Good vid, thanks for posting. Getting more interested.

Can anyone comment on how claustrophobic cockpits translate in VR? Windshields look like slits to me in these vids.

I currently sit a few feet away from from a TV, and even then I dont do cockpit view. Just feels disconnected with a wheel.

Top Bottom