• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Definitive Trilogy Reveal Trailer

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I don't know why I keep letting myself get annoyed at people who expected this to be on the level of GTA IV, the retardation was inevitable, but I can't help it. You don't understand how video games work.

They were never going to be able to remake these 3 games completely from the ground up, to that standard, in one package without charging you over a hundred dollars for it. It's an insane concept.

Last edited:

Markio128

Mmm, not sure how I feel - looks decent enough for a remaster, but can I justify the cost?
Still, a good catch for Switch owners because it would look pretty decent in handheld mode.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That looks so much better than what I expected and truthfully as an enthusiast and fan of the old graphics I think this hits a really happy medium.

It's just too bad that it's exclusive to their stupid launcher so I guess I may buy it for console.

Haggard

Banned
very unimpressive...as expected since it`s been know that it would only be a remaster.

Aside from nostalgia I see no reason to buy this, especially not at full price.

Arcadialane

Yup, gat with a few mods. Expected. We would have known if this was going to be a full remake.

How the controls are will be the main thing.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
FDPbU8q.png

n7ASBbr.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Some people seriously thought it was gonna look like GTA V, lol.

Anyway, this is about what I expected, a cleaned up version of the original. They couldn't put some vegetation in to cover the flat green grass textures? That would have made a big difference I think.

Last edited:

Aure

Banned
Looks really nice, it actually makes me want to play them again.
Sadly the price is a bit to steep in my country, so i'll wait for a %50 or %75 in a year or two.

Don't think I can justify buying this at full price, but I'll get it eventually. Looks like they did some good work, and it's great that these three classics will able to be played and enjoyed well into the future.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
It looks pretty good. We need confirmation on radio stations though. Do they remain in perfect condition or have been fucked over ??

Fbh

Looks weird, but the upgrade is bigger than I expected.

Might pick up Vice City on sale if they sale it as a stand alone.

ShadowNate

Looks quite good from the trailer.
I will need a bit more info about the state of release, when it's released, and also I'll probably wait for a sale, since I've fully played all of these games and am in no rush to replay them.

If content changes (cuts) were made for "modern sensitivities", I'll skip, or wait for a huge discount.

Laptop1991

I like the look of San Andreas, VC looks better, not as much as i thought it would, i'm not sure at the moment whether to buy and if it's worth 55 quid, hopefully more will be shown before release to sway me, i'm on the fence at the minute.

Top Bottom