• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: The Definitive Trilogy Reveal Trailer

skit_data

Wow, I actually expected more despite really trying to keep my expectations low. This is the most low effort remaster they could’ve ever possible done.

I guess its to keep the artstyle but… they could’ve done more than this.

VulcanRaven

The original games look cartoony but this is too much in my opinion:

cf596cc9782312294064.jpg

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Such as?

C'mon deep, you're better than this. That thread is based on one throwaway line in a Gematsu article and literally nothing has been proven true yet. It's pearl clutching.
Music tracks have been removed over the years, the mod patched out of San Andreas (which reminds me, I still have the original disc pre-mod removal), here is the video of the Haitian censorship,

Don't be surprised if more shit was also tweaked, considering they DCMA'ed the OG PC versions recently to make room for this replacement.

Mr Branding

I might get this on Switch if it holds up without major downgrades. Otherwise, I'm stuck waiting for a Steam version to play on the SD. Can't wait to revisit these worlds, I've only played them on release, it's been too long.

Tunned

To the people saying it looks cartoony, have you ever played the originals? it's not like those were realistic looking in any shape or form.

And for the cheapskates saying 60 bucks is too much, it's for 3 games, so 20 bucks a pop, for potentially 100s of hours of fun, and don't go telling me that all they did was add enb and some high-res textures, that will really show how retarded you are.

I swear, all people do these days is complain, grow the fuck up.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Music tracks have been removed over the years, the mod patched out of San Andreas (which reminds me, I still have the original disc pre-mod removal), here is the video of the Haitian censorship,

Don't be surprised if more shit was also tweaked, considering they DCMA'ed the OG PC versions recently to make room for this replacement.

So licencing issues and something that was patched 16 years ago.

I'll agree that the music thing isn't great but I can't say I expected anything difference from that licencing nightmare. The Haitian line changes were present in the 2005 PS2 prints so I dunno why anyone would expect that not to be there now.

So long as you're not falling into the trap of assuming they're going to butcher the content/script to make the game PC like the people in that thread that are already angry about literally nothing. Wait and see, friend.

NinjaBoiX

Fair play rockstar, this genuinely looks like a worthwhile update. Without a complete ground up remake this is about as good as any of us could’ve hoped.

Colour me interested!

Fair play rockstar, this genuinely looks like a worthwhile update. Without a complete ground up remake this is about as good as any of us could’ve hoped.

Colour me interested!
i honestly prefer this over a "complete ground up remake". not every game needs a remake. this is more than just a remaster. they've created new textures/models and new lighting with updated controls. it's somewhere between a remaster/remake. i think if they did a full on remake it would lose some of the charm these games have. i feel they've struck the right balance of updating the game and staying true to the originals. of course we won't know exactly how it is until it's released but so far i'm impressed with it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Looks cursed as fuck and cartoony...
Kinda makes it look like an impossible ad for a mobile game you see when playing a mobile game

Last edited:
i've never actually finished any of these games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

i think GTA III i got as far as the second island and doing missions for Kenji Kasen.

in Vice City i don't think i got even halfway through it but i do remember playing my friends save and he was much further on than me and finished it. i remember playing the final mission. well i think it was the final mission you go into the mansion.

for San Andreas i got as far as that fucking RC mission in San Fierro.

i suppose i was more interested in driving around causing chaos than going through the missions. so i look forward to going through them all properly now.

Shakka43

I mean that's better than what I was expecting. Most likely a day one buy for me, on PC as there is no mention of Dualsense support..

Last edited:

Kacho

Yeah I’m weirdly hyped for this one. The updated textures, lighting and controls will make for a nice overall package IMO. I hope the new checkpoint system takes a lot of the frustration out of some of the missions. Old school GTA had some jank-ass difficulty spikes iirc.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Any mention of using the dualsense triggers and haptic feedback? Trying to decide between the PS5 and Series X.

Last edited:

SSfox

I was considering getting this when it will be cheap 10$ to 20$ but if they will even censore and remove musics that's gonna be a full skip.

Rac3r

Should've included GTA IV, but QOL updates, new trophies and modernized controller layout are nice. GTA III was my childhood so I have to cop.

Last edited:

Shakka43

It looks goofy as fuck. They should've either done a regular remaster or went all the way. This in between remaster is ugly and low budget looking.
Yeah, so much money made from the franchise and they can't even se apart a nice budget to remaster these classics.

Del_X

Remastered graphics look great. Love that they keep the original style. Lightning looks really nice and vibrant.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
So licencing issues and something that was patched 16 years ago.

I'll agree that the music thing isn't great but I can't say I expected anything difference from that licencing nightmare. The Haitian line changes were present in the 2005 PS2 prints so I dunno why anyone would expect that not to be there now.

So long as you're not falling into the trap of assuming they're going to butcher the content/script to make the game PC like the people in that thread that are already angry about literally nothing. Wait and see, friend.
True, we shall wait and see. The DCMA of originals though raises a brow a little.

Kacho

Any mention of using the dualsense triggers and haptic feedback? Trying to decide between the PS5 and Series X.
The PS5 version listed on the site only lists PS4 features. No mention of haptics. I'm guessing the PS5 version is just the PS4 version? I really don't know.

0kJ5cHa.jpg

The Series X version has the Smart Delivery tag.

makaveli60

Could be better, could be worse. I would be happier if they were remakes of course but it’s not bad actually. What I really want to know is if they bring back the removed songs.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It looks goofy as fuck. They should've either done a regular remaster or went all the way. This in between remaster is ugly and low budget looking.

This IS a regular remaster. Take the original game and slap on some HD textures.

Can we all stop pretending the originals didn't look goofy and cartoony too? We were just filling in the blanks with our imaginations because all we had was a PS2.

302263661b11f9ef8f0fad5eaa650e44.png

Look at this shit. They're arcade games, they were always arcade games. We just thought they were super gritty and realistic because it was 2001.

Last edited:

YuLY

I actually think GTA3 looks the best out of em, not graphically but artistically cause of the changes. Looks pretty dark, and that scene of a rainy New York at night when hes in the car looks pretty good atmosphere wise, gave me Max Payne vibes.

Vice City looks a bit too cartoony, but overall still more playable than the original with 3 polygos and no fingers hands.

They look pretty good to be honest, now lets see how the radio stations turn out..

Last edited:
Top Bottom