• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

JimRyanGOAT

Looking like it's going be 2x RDR 2

In some areas I expect it to look like the Matrix Demo. Certain angles at night for example.

But the emphasis here will be pushing the open world, more random events, more enterable buildings, and possible a less linear mission structures

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Here we go. trailer leaked. awful quality so i suggest you all wait, but its no matrix from what i could tell.

Great character models. insane NPC stuff. its very hard to see details but its definitely a big step up from rdr2. might be on par with cyberpunk or spiderman 2 but also could be leagues ahead, hard to say because the quality is so fucking bad. 4k footage should tell another story. art style is very cartoony.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Don't automatically expect GTA VI to have equal or better visual fidelity remember it has to run multiplatform, Series S in particular. Memory is the big question mark - did Rockstar cave in to Series S baseline or did they say fuck it and leave SS to fend for itself (hopefully this)??? We shall see. In fact, I predict draw distance and likely even reflections will not be as great as SM2, but like others say simulations and a sense of a living city will by far blow SM2 out of the water.

Imagine a Spider-Man 3 on PS5 Pro/HW ray traversal on further enhanced Insomniac engine.

QQEOhBj.jpg

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Here we go. trailer leaked. awful quality so i suggest you all wait, but its no matrix from what i could tell.

Great character models. insane NPC stuff. its very hard to see details but its definitely a big step up from rdr2. might be on par with cyberpunk or spiderman 2 but also could be leagues ahead, hard to say because the quality is so fucking bad. 4k footage should tell another story. art style is very cartoony.

THIS LOOKS FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprise Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Msamy

Belive me if that trailer was true and even from its shity quality when we see it in original quality it will look better than any game we have seen until now

Last edited:

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Bro that GTA6 trailer looks incredible even in 240p. Even if it doesn't have the tech of some games discussed here the overall density and world detail is just beyond anything else. All that while doing full dyanamic tod/ weather and bunch of other simulations at this level. Rockstar you fuckers better release this shit on pc so we can enjoy the definitive version at launch this time.

I know those fuckers will not do it but still fuck them

Senua

Gold Member

Great character models. insane NPC stuff. its very hard to see details but its definitely a big step up from rdr2. might be on par with cyberpunk or spiderman 2
Might be on par with spiderman fucking 2? Slimy bro you've gone too far. Even chief thinks ur sucking Spidey's dick too hard. Ur using teeth my man! Chill

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Series S by the looks of that twitter vid res 😃

Im not watching that blurry ass shit. Yall, just wait. lol

Even with potato quality, it is the most impressive piece of real-time footage we've seen so far this gen. That is what excellent lighting and next-level character animation can do. I'm not kidding when I say the stripper shaking her ass in the strip club was the most impressive asspect of the trailer. It looked fucking real.

But HOLY SHIT 2025!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

SlimySnake

OMG. cant believe they released this early. cant believe i watched that awful blurry mess leaked version. this looks amazing. holy fucking shit.

Still feels last gen in some aspects like the cartoony art style and some character models but the scale is insane. i dont think ive seen anything like this. mother of god.

Someone gif that fly through of the beach. Just insane visual fidelity there.

Last edited:

Msamy

Rockstar always up to hype, never disappointed me in , one of the best game studious in the world if not the best.

SlimySnake

There not going to be 60FPS mode on PS5/SX, calling it now.
You can do 60 fps in unreal engine 5 games now. These cpus are up to the task. the question is the resolution and no one seems to care if we drop down to 720p so worst case scenario you will get that.

the game also feels like a high res game with ray tracing. will wait for pixel counts but all they have to do is turn off ray tracing and get half of the gpu back for 60 fps.

JimRyanGOAT

OMG. cant believe they released this early. cant believe i watched that awful blurry mess leaked version. this looks amazing. holy fucking shit.

Still feels last gen in some aspects like the cartoony art style and some character models but the scale is insane. i dont think ive seen anything like this. mother of god.

Someone gif that fly through of the beach. Just insane visual fidelity there.

It does look amazing holy shit

But there's this weird plasticky look I hope they remove

SlimySnake

It does look amazing holy shit

But there's this weird plasticky look I hope they remove
yeah, it is giving the game that rdr2 and gtav look and feel which might cause some to doubt its technical prowess.

you just know pc mods will release those reshades asap.

ThisIsMyDog

Rockstar always up to hype, never disappointed me in , one of the best game studious in the world if not the best.
They are in league of their own.
You can do 60 fps in unreal engine 5 games now. These cpus are up to the task. the question is the resolution and no one seems to care if we drop down to 720p so worst case scenario you will get that.

the game also feels like a high res game with ray tracing. will wait for pixel counts but all they have to do is turn off ray tracing and get half of the gpu back for 60 fps.
but look at density of everything, i think these ZEN 2 cores are just not going to cut it for 60FPS here, i expect 30fps with drops, similar how GTAV run back on X360/PS3

SlimySnake

I wrongly posted it , originally I gonna reply to your gta comment but posted it wrongly and can't delete it
lol no big deal.

just put spoiler tags around the pics. no need to delete it. just put [ spoiler ] and [ /spoiler ] without the spaces and it will put them in spoiler tags.

SlimySnake

They are in league of their own.

but look at density of everything, i think these ZEN 2 cores are just not going to cut it for 60FPS here, i expect 30fps with drops, similar how GTAV run back on X360/PS3
True. but dont look at early gen games to determine the power of these zen 2 cores. a lot of these games are still designed around jaguar CPUs and are poorly multithreaded. The zen 2 CPUs are over 2x faster in clockspeeds than those jaguar CPUs, they have 2x more threads, they have 2 generations worth of IPC gains that make each thread 2x more powerful than a traditional jaguar core. A good developer like rockstar should be able to get a lot out of them. But its ok to be skeptic as well. After seeing this massive leap though, i think its fair to see rockstar can do fucking anything they put their minds to. remember, the leak earlier showed a performance mode at 1440p 60 fps. so at some point it was in dev, maybe pc though.

Top Bottom