• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Might be on par with spiderman fucking 2? Slimy bro you've gone too far. Even chief thinks ur sucking Spidey's dick too hard. Ur using teeth my man! Chill
nah, thats when i saw it on potato cam footage with giant buy crypto watermarks plastered in the middle of the screen and even then said it could also be leagues ahead once i saw it in 4k. why did you edit out the rest of my post??
Great character models. insane NPC stuff. its very hard to see details but its definitely a big step up from rdr2. might be on par with cyberpunk or spiderman 2 but also could be leagues ahead, hard to say because the quality is so fucking bad. 4k footage should tell another story. art style is very cartoony.
This is what i said after watching the official version.

OMG. cant believe they released this early. cant believe i watched that awful blurry mess leaked version. this looks amazing. holy fucking shit.

Still feels last gen in some aspects like the cartoony art style and some character models but the scale is insane. i dont think ive seen anything like this. mother of god.

Someone gif that fly through of the beach. Just insane visual fidelity there.

Portugeezer

SiLHR.gif
SiLH8.gif

SiLH0.gif
SiLHj.gif

SiLHi.gif
SiLHU.gif

SiLHF.gif
SiLHC.gif

SiLHZ.gif
SiLHV.gif

SiLHf.gif
SiLHa.gif
Brilliant. Densely packed and full of detail...

So, how long before someone asks for 60fps on console version? 🤣

SlimySnake

Even more impressive than first time we saw demons souls remake gameplay
this is the killzone shadowfall moment of this gen.

rockstar is back. they just made cd project, insomniac, naughty dog, guerrilla games, rocksteady, look like chumps. lets fucking go.

p.s i get that the npc stuff is not somehting normal 300-500 dev studios can do so its completely unfair to compare this $2 billion to other $100 million games but fuck it. Rockstar is king and everyone else needs to bend the knee.

Last edited:

ThisIsMyDog

rockstar is back. they just made cd project, insomniac, naughty dog, guerrilla games, rocksteady, look like chumps. lets fucking go.

p.s i get that the npc stuff is not somehting normal 300-500 dev studios can do so its completely unfair to compare this $2 billion to other $100 million games but fuck it. Rockstar is king and everyone else needs to bend the knee.
Only Rockstar can make 500 dev studio looks tiny, lmao.

Luipadre

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025.

No PC at launch ofc, no surprise here. PS5 pro day 1

GymWolf

Gold Member
Very surprised by the character\npcs quality, some shots looks a bit bullshott-y but i trust the immense budget of the game and rockstar.

It looks like cyberpunk with worse lights and better animations, but better overall.

Song choice for the trailer was kinda...weak?

Last edited:

Thaimasker

I came here for your reaction. Great to see haha. To think that we were worrying about this being a last gen game.. no press release needed haha.

SlimySnake

Hair looks really good. Otherwise I am not sure if it has any standout graphical features. Mostly just high asset budget.
They have definitely focused on pushing level of detail over raw graphics fidelity. But aside from hair, character models for both leads look excellent. dude looks like a carbon copy of V in the CG cyberpunk trailers except hes realtime here. the NPC character models look insane.

the water in the gif posted above looks incredible. the day time lighting in that gif captures the cool beachy look of Miami but the dusk time lighting is a bit flat. The draw distance is massive and the foliage in that birds shot is very high quality. way better than rdr2, horizon and other open world games we've seen.

Dat water tech oh my fucking god
there is another clip of them riding a small boat through the water and the waves/water displacement is nuts.

Last edited:
You know when something is a significant step up, you don’t have to analyse or even second guess in the slightest, it hits you straight away . People who went from PS2 to PS3 with Heavenly Sword, Uncharted etc, you see it straight away.

The Matrix Demo that’s no longer available, a bit of a pull your pants down and walk away move that wasn’t it?

Whilst I think GTA 6 looks great, can’t agree with the insane/incredible opinions at all. I wish I did.

DanielG165

GTA6 has blown every other current gen title out of the water thus far, and it’s still 2 years away. If Rockstar manage to keep this level of quality for the game’s release, or somehow even improve upon what we saw today, then they’ll be firmly on top for quite some time. Seeing the likes of RDR2 closed to maxed out on PC regularly, which is a game that still slaps mostly everything out there in visual fidelity, I have some pretty HIGH faith in them to deliver here.

Only a 1:31 long trailer, and it already outclasses every other current gem game out there.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
GkXRe7M.gif

Wow.

Look at her hair.

The soft light coming through the window. The subtle sun flare peaking through the window. How the light falls off subtly to the right, onto the bed.

I am truly impressed. Alan Wake 2 quality lighting in a fucking open world game. Next gen

Last edited:

Neilg

One really unique feature of miami they've managed to capture is how low the clouds sit at night as the air cools - and how much of the city lights they pick up underneath. I used to enjoy pointing that out to people and then they realise there's nowhere else they've seen that has that kind of look. You can see this in the shot of the woman with her arms up in the convertible heading towards the basketball arena & edgewater/downtown.

The directors must have so much time visiting over the years to catch all the unique conditions and moments you see.

Looking forward to seeing them take on a post-thunderstorm apocalypse sunset, where the sun drops below the clouds and the humidity in the air glows.

Last edited:

hinch7

Damn, that GTA VI trailer looks incredible. Rockstar never disappoints when it comes to their big releases. Can't wait to play around with the new physics and stuff.

Over a year out though.... sucks a bit.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Hair looks really good. Otherwise I am not sure if it has any standout graphical features. Mostly just high asset budget.

You serious? Does this look anything other than photorealistic to you?

This looks better than any of those PS Cg trailers we've spent so much time arguing over in this thread.

Btw, where is Lethal? The guy who said this sort of fidelity won't be possible for multiple generations???

Confused Looking For GIF by Looney Tunes

Top Bottom