• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest box arts ever?

u_neek

Format/Region doesn't matter.. I'll start:

ICO (PAL):
ico_ps2_eu.jpg

Kingdom Hearts:
kingdomhearts_ps2.jpg

1080 Silver Storm (JAP):
PA.03856.014.jpg

DodonpachiDaioujou:
DodonpachiDaioujou-ps2-jp.jpg

Silent Hill 2 (PAL):
silenthill2_ps2_eu.jpg

My favorite this gen are Ninja Gaiden, Star Wars: KoTOR, Fable, and Halo 2 that I've seen so far. These are all of course North American. I never look at the Japanese or European box arts. There may be some better than these that I haven't seen.

DigDugDirkDiggler said:
Someone get some Megaman love in here, STAT!

rockmanset.jpg

Not the best image quality, but the psx Rockman covers were all incredibly awesome. I think they were by the same guy who did this one, another favorite:

rockman_dash_2-f.jpg

mr2mike

Banned
B00006671P.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00006BXPG.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00006IQRE.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B00006IQRF.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pretty sweet artwork (Yoshiyuki Sadamoto > all), and even better since they are mostly untouched for north america, save for the ugly "anime DVD included" thing.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Mother_box-f.jpg

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

I love the ICO one for being different and artistic at the same time. Really, hundreds of these covers are simply ART. I couldn't choose.

cvxfreak

Fifty said:
That Biohazard cover, while badass, would look so much nicer without all that text cluttering it.

That's true... I think there's a poster of it here somewhere... let me check...

go_go_masatojp-img600x450-1087344694dscf0018.jpg

This (Japanese) version of the cover absolutely slaughters both the normal US cover and its Greatest Hits cover. It actually made me want the game!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
bobbyconover said:
go_go_masatojp-img600x450-1087344694dscf0018.jpg

This (Japanese) version of the cover absolutely slaughters both the normal US cover and its Greatest Hits cover. It actually made me want the game!

Whoa, that's the first time I've actually seen the Japanese cover. Looks sweet.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I can't believe how repulsive the kingdom hearts cover is and yet how many times it's been posted.

So many nice ones, too many to list. Love that Pikmin 2!

Top Bottom