• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greatest box arts ever?

Deku Tree

Redbeard said:
B00006AVAK.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I can't figure out what's going on in that Orta box at first glance. At the store I'd probably glance and move on -- if i notice it in the first place, that is.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
fenekku-gitsune said:
Fable (XB)
B0001UEHP8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

bet the game ends up an awful mess, but i love that cover as well. really nice illustration, and the colors remind me of the sleeve of new order's technique.

Hournda

This is my favorite boxart of all time, and *gasp* it's from a PC game (just ignore that ugly sticker in the lower-right hand corner):

u4boxl.jpg

Also, for a joke boxart, a really good one is the one that illustrates this quote about Halo 2: "Halo 2 is a lot like Halo 1, only it's Halo 1 on fire, going 130 miles per hour through a hospital zone, being chased by helicopters and ninjas, and the ninjas are all on fire, too." I couldn't find a pic of that boxart but it's been posted before so hopefully someone can dig it up and post it.

Deku Tree

Hournda said:

I love this graphic! This is one of my favorite RPGs of all time. And it was released on the master system (I think). But I wouldn't know where to find a graphic of the SMS box art.

Chittagong

Gold Member
fenekku-gitsune said:
Hey, are you Thor Aackerlund??!!!!

Uh, I'm afraid not... but if you are familiar with his ideology and working history back in the day, that is pretty close to mine. That, and the fact that he was funny in an unintended way.

Tim

streets2.jpg

It's not good by any means, but it sure is one of my favorites, next to Shenmue 1 & 2.
I must have rented this game 20-25 times.

AniHawk

Docpan said:
Personal Favorite:
US-ce-boxfront.jpg

One of mine, too. Brings back memories of waiting for the game for ages, and finally having it in my hands... looking at it in awe, and then ripping the plastic open and getting the cart out to plug it into the N64. Haven't had that same feeling since.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I can't believe no one has posted Shadow of the Beast.. man did this game put the gaming world on its ear when originally released...

shadow_of_the_beast_1.jpg

robot

God Bless Capcom and thier talent for great boxarts:

powerstone2.jpg

mvs_1_web.jpg

There are others like Rival Schools, MVC2 and other fighters, but I cant find good shots.

And 2 other good ones:

SSJ-KIS_big.jpg

SSJ-SONICJ_big.jpg

bjork

Vargant Story, PDO pal, and the C64 version of Pirates! that had the box shaped like an old book. (can't find a link to the one I have)

Top Bottom