• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
My expectations are sky high for this.

Spartacus reveal - one tier will allow you to download and stream PS1,2,3,4 and 5 games.

Bloodborne 2 and 1 remaster for PS5

Confirmed purchase of Capcom and announces new Power Stone, Dragon's Dogma 2 and confirmation the whole Capcom BC, including the Marvel Vs Capcom games will be on Spartacus on day one.

Confirmed purchase of Square. All SE games are available on Spartacus day 1, plus a new FFXVI trailer.

PSVR2. More information and a few games mentioned.

FingerBang

1. Spartacus reveal

2. VR2 Reveal SOP

3. Massive Japanese publisher acquisition, my money is on either Square or Capcom
Those are the rumors going around, not in this order.

I wouldn't be surprised if n2 was to happen this Wednesday, since it's the day they should announce the new games.

The PSVR2 SoP could happen on Thursday

That leaves the acquisition for today.

Unless they make a big SOP for Thursday that has all of that. In that case, the announcement might be today or tomorrow.

In other words, we'll know more soon.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This thread reminds me of people overhyping themselves for the last two State of Plays.

Well to be fair the last two SOP Sony told people to turn down their expectations. They haven't said anything yet so people are speculating big things due to what others are saying.

I honestly don't believe it's just Spartacus. Although I'm unsure on how many more announcers we. get. Some PSVR2 info would be nice.

Nautilus

Banned
Well to be fair the last two SOP Sony told people to turn down their expectations. They haven't said anything yet so people are speculating big things due to what others are saying.

I honestly don't believe it's just Spartacus. Although I'm unsure on how many more announcers we. get. Some PSVR2 info would be nice.
This isn't even official yet. People are just assuming that's happening, and that's its also going to be big because insiders said so.

There hasn't been ONE Sony direct that has been good so far. They have all been dissapointments to varrying degrees.

The only type of presentation that is worth watching, as far as Sony goes, are their showcases or PS Experiences. So we will see what this ends up being.

Last edited:

Borowski_1

This isn't even official yet. People are just assuming that's happening, and that's its also going to be big because insiders said so.

There hasn't been ONE Sony direct that has been good so far. They have all been dissapointments to varrying degrees.

The only type of presentation that is worth watching, as far as Sony goes, are their showcases or PS Experiences. So we will see what this ends up being.
dedicated SoP to one game were good. Like the ones for Horizon and Hogwarts

Ok, I grant you these directs were good. The ones I meant were about the general ones.

Well usually Sony tells people to turn down their expectations if there isn't much to be seen. I'm guessing if there's one of those this week they will do the same if there isn't much to it.

DJ12

It would affect EA exactly cause its competition. It might be needed but to assume that Sony could make/publish a UEFA game without impacting the relationship with EA is a bit naive imo.
I'm still struggling to see why anyone should care.

It's not as if EA would need pacifying. What are they going to do, not release their game on PlayStation out of spite.

DJ12

This thread reminds me of people overhyping themselves for the last two State of Plays.
Nice to have something to look forward too.

Just a shame leakers always act like it's the biggest news they've ever heard.

Gotta get those clicks though I guess for the online penis measuring contest they're all in.

Last edited:

reksveks

I'm still struggling to see why anyone should care.

It's not as if EA would need pacifying. What are they going to do, not release their game on PlayStation out of spite.
I am not saying consumers should care. Don't know how you read that from my comments but okay?

You don't believe that EA wouldn't respond by refusing to extend any marketing deals that they have with Sony or slowly prioritise other platforms with maybe deals that include GP day one for a FUT mode or something? If you don't, that's fine but I personally do believe that Sony realising a football game would influence EA's decisions regarding the platform that they prioritise.

Besides GOWR receiving a release date, nothing else will be eventful this week. Stop believing all these twitter journos bs.

Last edited:
Peeps need to chill, Sony has so many balls in the air, this could just be a ho-hum spartacus explanation/reveal and more integration with discord and netflix.

Never expect big game reveals outside of big shows.

Greg better not be overhyping this but there's more to it than a god of war release date or spartacus. We already know and expect those things. I think its a new game reveal.

aclar00

Wait, so what's happening? Is he waiting to report on things he's heard about until after it's officially announced? If so, what's the point?

Also is this the guy from Gamespot back in the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom