• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greg Miller (Kinda Funny) delays this weeks podcast by 4 days due to multiple expected Sony announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
FfEefzD.jpg

From 4chan, take with grain of salt.

I don't know, maybe he visited SIE HQ to celebrate with maybe some drinks or food that they shipped the PC port, and who knows if to talk about the next steps of his next project where they will be able to focus now. Which according to Norman Reedus would be (at least one of them if they are working on multiple proects at the same time) Death Stranding 2.

Or who knows, maybe now once he finished the DSDC PC port and before the FY ends he went there to sign the acquisition of the studio.

People prefers to get frequent good news every few weeks instead of getting multiple of them a single day and then to be like a year or more without important announcements.

Its not like it makes games come out faster

Draugoth

Gold Member
That was a fast debunk

btw, Greg Miller shared more about the 3 rumors he heard:

• One totally about spartacus (PS Plus merge with PS Now)
  • The other 2 are not related to spartacus, but big on their own. He says he is not in particular hyped, but mostly 'interested' in them.
  • No rumor is regarding God of War Ragnarok, delays or Knack

Source (around 13:30)

Last edited:

kyliethicc

That was a fast debunk

Greg Miller shared more about the 3 rumors he heard:

• The other 2 are not related to spartacus, but big on their own. He says he is not in particular hyped, but mostly 'interested' in them.

Really makes you FEEL like a disappointment.

That was a fast debunk

btw, Greg Miller shared more about the 3 rumors he heard:

Imagine if what he heard was the GTA 5 Single Player mode will be on PS Plus next month, lol

LordCBH

Rumor RUMOR take with grain of salt Sony to acquire LJN branding and back catalog of games. Checkmate, athiests. Can’t wait to play Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on my PS5.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Tencent's stake isn't to make a difference. Their stake means they have business interest in the company. If Kadokawa wants to sell FromSoft, many companies, including Tencent and Sony will be interested. Sony and Tencent's interests are already obvious, as they are current investors in Kadokawa. That's my point. If FromSoft is available, they're not just going to be gifted to Sony with a bow on top. There will be many bidders interested.
1. Sony already have the relationship, Tencent don’t.
2. It’s the end of Sony’s financial year, making an acquisition announcement very much possible.
3. Before Elden Ring released, Sony inferred From Software as a PlayStation studio dev.

I’m not saying it’s happening, but it is very much a possibility.

FingerBang

2. It’s the end of Sony’s financial year, making an acquisition announcement very much possible.
3. Before Elden Ring released, Sony inferred From Software as a PlayStation studio dev.

The rumor has been around for a while. According to someone I know, Sony has approached them some time ago.

These kind of acquisitions are huge and their NDAs are a much bigger deal than normal. Even insiders don't know about this kind of acquisitions if not merely days or hours before they become public and they're never sure they're really happening, hence the silence.

So yes, there's absolutely a chance it's happening. I'd rather FS stay independent, but in this market I'd rather have Sony own them than fucking Tencent or any other non gaming player. They'll probably release some games on Xbox anyway, Bethesda style.

AmuroChan

Then we shall see soon enough. The fiscal year ends this week.

MacReady13

It's great that backstabbing Greg Miller mentioned this "inside" news story but really, does anyone actually care that his podcast is delayed? I know of no one who listens to it or watches anything Kinda Funny after they fucked over Colin Moriarty.
So yes, thanks for giving us some hope of news from Sony but really, who cares about Greg fucking Miller...

There's been rumors of a new FromSoft IP/game that's a Souls-like. Maybe they could do an announcement this week and then show it off at their summer event?

Timing an announcement of such a thing off the momentum of Elden Ring would be pretty big. All the same, it could be an Elden Ring anime series or film...not necessarily PlayStation-related but the OP does say Sony which could also be film or anime-related, too.

What if it's an Elden Ring animated series with weekly exclusive items/costumes etc. and planned DLC made exclusive to Spartacus on subscription? Gotta think 5D chess moves here 😉

he confirms one of the announcements is not God of War

Elden Ring anime series. Spartacus exclusive. DLC roadmap perks for all subscribers. Bet on it.

I only laughed because the timing of this right after Will Smith/Chris Rock couldn't be more ironic 🤣

Last edited:

xHunter

No idea who he ”hears this” from though. Does he mean sources or just the old twitter rumormongering.

There we go. 100% confirmation. Sony wont buy From.

Edit: Never believe this guy or any other "insider" when it comes to acquisitions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom