• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

Can't wait! I've always been fan of the Halo series (though my interest has waned the past few years), so it'll be great to replay Halo 1 with everything updated.

Blueblur1

daedalius said:
I hope they have Bumper Jumper as a available control scheme, I don't know if I could retrain myself to something else after using it since halo 3.
This! I totally need mah Bumper Jumper.

I do hope there are a few new easter eggs thrown in, love them in games where you can go mess about or explore a level more then usual and end up finding something, big or small.

feel

The game just won't provide a proper Two Betrayals playthrough without the Siege of Madrigal egg, save us Frankie! :(

OverHeat

« generous god »
Letters said:
The game just won't provide a proper Two Betrayals playthrough without the Siege of Madrigal egg, save us Frankie! :(
This is how we will see if bungie still care for the halo fan.

Saggy

Sorry if this has been answered before, but when switching between old school and remastered visuals, what will happen with terminals and sounds? I'd imagine the sounds and music would remain remastered in either mode, but how will terminals be rendered in old school fashion, if at all? This is of course assuming that terminals are done in the same style, or similiar to that of Halo 3's.

ElRenoRaven

Saggy said:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but when switching between old school and remastered visuals, what will happen with terminals and sounds? I'd imagine the sounds and music would remain remastered in either mode, but how will terminals be rendered in old school fashion, if at all? This is of course assuming that terminals are done in the same style, or similiar to that of Halo 3's.

The sound will indeed stay the same. They've already confirmed that. So regardless of mode your sound is the same. When it comes to the terminals we have no clue yet. I would love to see an example of that very scenario shown at Halofest.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
damnation and beaver creek look soooo good. also, lots of new areas in beaver creek :)

thezerofire said:
posted in halogaf but I'll repeat it here: Is it just me or are parts of Damnation and Beaver Creek really dark?
It doesn't look too dark to me. Are you one of those people who thought Heretic in Halo 3 was too dark?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I should have some 343 Guilty Spark gameplay (with both old and new modes) up in about 20 minutes, has it already been shown before?

blamite

Syphon Filter said:
Why wouldn't they let them use it.
Maybe for the same reason they removed all instances of the Marathon logo from Reach and CEA, which I think was because they didn't want to have something they own the rights to mixed up in a series they don't.

Guess I won't be playing the new MP maps at all. What's with filling in the gaps between the three damnation bridges? Totally ruins a custom game my friends and I played back in Halo 1. Not that we could play it in Reach with the new Overshields and placements anyways.

I really miss having Covenant styled maps without curves. Not everything needs curves.

FyreWulff

VGChampion said:
Guess I won't be playing the new MP maps at all. What's with filling in the gaps between the three damnation bridges? Totally ruins a custom game my friends and I played back in Halo 1. Not that we could play it in Reach with the new Overshields and placements anyways.

I really miss having Covenant styled maps without curves. Not everything needs curves.

Probably because the gap fillers are Forge objects.

VGChampion said:

Im not sure but I get the feeling that those gaps are being filled with forge peices, hopefully in the classic++ playlist those bridges will be removed.

GhaleonEB

VGChampion said:

The others have touched on this, but so far they are showing the default Reach variants for the maps. Each map has two built in variants. One is designed for 'classic' play using the new gameplay settings from the upcomign title update, which closely emulates the original maps. The other is a Forged version that makes alterations to accomodate vanilla Reach. Grav lifts on Beaver Creek along with additional tunnels are part of those changes, and likely the added walkways on the Damnnation bridges as well. (Probably to accomodate sprint/evade.)

They will probably show the classic map variants alongside the reveal of the TU features/settings at HaloFest next week.

Blimblim, did you record some gameplay material of the both new maps? Because when I played, before Microsoft kicked us out of the 18+ booth, someone recorded my gameplay how I dominated over other players. I want to see my awesome gameplay.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wow extremely impressed at that switching back to the old version. Not a big halo fan but that was impressive.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Blimblim, did you record some gameplay material of the both new maps? Because when I played, before Microsoft kicked us out of the 18+ booth, someone recorded my gameplay how I dominated over other players. I want to see my awesome gameplay.

I'm sitting at home in my boxers

I hate you

Salvor.Hardin said:
Looks good but I actually prefer the fog look of Halo CE. It gave the level a lot of atmosphere.
I guess the level is still in development and we will get the fog back.

Gui_PT said:
I'm sitting at home in my boxers

I hate you
When I ate at BurgerKing a few minutes ago, they gave me about 40 Chicken nuggets for free. Isn't that awesome?

TheOddOne said:
Forever alone, Milhouse.

Lisa likes Nelson.
Nobody likes Milhouse!

Top Bottom