• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo:CE Anniversary Announced (MS Conf, Nov 15th 2011, $40)

Smeghead

What are the chances of them bringing back levels? Slim?

I know there already there in the background so i wouldn't imagine it being difficult to tweak it.

MrBig

GodfatherX said:
bloom forever....i know im in the minority but I have no issues with it
Then absolutely nothing is going to change for you. The standard playlists will remain exactly as they were when that game shipped.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
OrangeOak said:
I must be very lucky(or unlucky when I die that way) guy because it is very common in my matches and I personally would call it random.

luck = Success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions. random. yup, we (finally) agree.

Spasm

Either the sniper's got some gnarly recoil on it, or the guy playing is a spaz. Hope it's the latter. Recoil's more of an H2 thing than CE. Not sure if want.

reggie said:
Halo 2 is and probably will continue to be the best Halo game ever made. They need to leave the multiplayer completely untouched though if they're going to remake it (except for cosmetic upgrades).

You sure about that? Look what they did to Lockout.

reggie said:
Halo 2 is and probably will continue to be the best Halo game ever made. They need to leave the multiplayer completely untouched though if they're going to remake it (except for cosmetic upgrades).
And the framerate.

I loved Halo 3's multiplayer best honestly. I played it the most. *shrugs*

reggie said:

Uh...Halo 2's multiplayer was some messy shit. Unless you enjoyed:

-- A shotgun that doesn't work half the time
-- Sweep sniping
-- Map geometry clipping issues (I remember rockets would go through walls and disappear on Foundation)
-- An energy sword with no limits

Shall I continue?

Sean

Banned
If they're sticking with the ten year anniversary thing, a Halo 2 remake would be Nov 9, 2014 - most likely on the Xbox 720. That'd be pretty swell.

ZZMitch

AnEternalEnigma said:
Uh...Halo 2's multiplayer was some messy shit. Unless you enjoyed:

-- A shotgun that doesn't work half the time
-- Sweep sniping
-- Map geometry clipping issues (I remember rockets would go through walls and disappear on Foundation)
-- An energy sword with no limits

Shall I continue?

Zombies on Foundation and Tower of Power on Ascension man!

TacticalFox88 said:
So....when is Halo 3 getting its HD remake?
Doesn't need one. Perfect game.

Sean said:
If they're sticking with the ten year anniversary thing, a Halo 2 remake would be Nov 9, 2014 - most likely on the Xbox 720. That'd be pretty swell.
I'd rather have it sooner than later TBH but maybe they'll actually "remake" it not just overhaul the visuals and all that.

ZZMitch

AnEternalEnigma said:
Oh, and lest we forget Halo 2's wonderful superbouncing?

I used to do that for hours. I was able to do the one on ascension in matchmaking a bunch of times... people would get so mad :p

I spent more time in Halo 2 MP in custom games, exploring the outside of maps, finding superbounce spots, playing Zombies, and playing with friends than I did playing matchmaking. Halo 3 and Reach just lost the custom game fun for some reason :\

jgminto

I'd buy a Halo 2 remake. As long as they fix that piece of shit campaign. They would also have to add as much of the cut material as they could as well. If they don't do that I don't care.

reggie said:
This wasn't a problem. Use your BR.

You could get up there in other legit ways anyway (such as jumping off another players head).

Or they could have just properly tested their fucking game instead of shitting it out in a year. I do admire them for admitting the E3 2003 demo was a total fraud and that they had nothing at that point, though.

FyreWulff

reggie said:
This wasn't a problem. Use your BR.

You could get up there in other legit ways anyway (such as jumping off another players head).

The top of the windmill wasn't a legit spot, and superbouncing was a Havok bug. It doesn't work in Halo 2 Vista, thank god.

LOL at all the people exaggerating the negative effects of bloom.

The system isn't perfect but it ensured that Halo: Reach has the most balanced weapons of any Halo, ever.

It's really not hard to beat DMR spammers. At all. Unless you, yourself, are a DMR spammer, in which case luck completely takes over. But in a battle between two idiots, I don't really pick a favorite. Let a roll of the dice decide which dimwit dies.

The rest of us will be using the weapons within the roles they were intended, switching when appropriate to take advantage of those who can't handle the mental gymnastics (Hah!) of timing their shots, and staying aware of their positioning in battle.

If 343 wants to take bloom out, so be it, but they'll need to reconfigure A LOT to ensure the game retains some semblance of balance. Otherwise every match is going to be the DMR show, with nobody bothering to use anything else.

And it would be cool to see Halo 2 remastered, if only to have every Halo on the Xbox 360. But they would need to fix the broken multiplayer.

The Antitype said:
Otherwise every match is going to be the DMR show, with nobody bothering to use anything else.

I highly doubt players will ignore the insane killing power of the rockets, sniper, shotgun, sword, hammer, and plasma pistol just because the DMR has a faster kill time. It still can't compete with any of the above guns at their intended ranges.

The Xtortionist said:
I highly doubt players will ignore the insane killing power of the rockets, sniper, shotgun, sword, hammer, and plasma pistol just because the DMR has a faster kill time. It still can't compete with any of the above guns at their intended ranges.

I didn't mean it quite as literally as you're taking it. I meant more akin to to Halo 3, where all the weapons in the game were used, but 50% of battles were BR to BR, and the other 50% were split between the dozens of weapon-to-weapon scenarios.

Right now, Reach has a pretty even split across all the weapons, they all feel incredibly powerful at the appropriate times, and totally adequate even when you're not in the perfectly ideal situation. I personally think it would be a shame to see battles in Reach skew toward the traditional Halo model, with one particular weapon getting the sizable majority of the use.

But I love variety in my fire-fights.

TheOddOne

Monocle said:
So totally on board with this. Halo 2 has huge potential that I'd love to see realized by a developer with the benefit of hindsight as to what went wrong in the original.
Give the job to these guys:

CertainAffinity.png

reggie said:
All they need to do is take Halo 2 Vista and upgrade the graphics. It already has achievements in it and supports modern Xbox Live APIs via Games For Windows Live.

wwm0nkey

<

Just do that and we are good, that way it wont cut into the main line releases of Halo. Halo 2 would have a really good place as a XBLA game.

ii Stryker said:
IIRC its supposed to be at PAX during Halofest

Ah cool. Not sure if there was an event tied to the announcement, they just said during the embargoed press demo, that it would be announced on this certain date.

Top Bottom