• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite | Campaign Gameplay Premiere – 8 Minute Demo

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
EWtF7gi.jpg

Mia57fe.png

Looks fun. But I just realized the Halo games have never quite cashed the check they wrote with CE. When I was younger I dreamed of Halo sequels being about even larger outdoor warfare games. With enemy and ally dropships dynamically fighting large unit battles and you popping in and helping the fight. This is just more lone soldier running around killing groups of 10.

Entroyp

Are they giving high fives to themselves? Maybe that’s why Halo will never be good again?

Just a thought - if it looks this bad on 12tflops Series X, can you imagine what the Xbox One version is gonna look like?

Or maybe they're shockingly close in visuals, just XB1 runs it at 25fps.

Neolombax

Gold Member
Gameplay looked fun at least? Really the ps5 and now xsx is just not showing that generational leap I was expecting.

Tesseract

Banned
i wanna see more gameplay

sprint is back, grap is in, what about a slide or jetpack?

is the mantle back, what are the other mobility tools

Last edited:

ne1butu

It honestly looks like they need to delay this game by another year minimum. They know they can’t do that because they NEED it for launch, so this will ship as it.

RAIDEN1

Does it look graphically better than Crysis (Running on a PC I mean..) to me it looked ok, with the added grunt of the XsX they can have their "open world" scenario better than before, and at the end of the day its the gameplay that counts, and this game will not be nowhere NEAR as bad as Mass Effect Andromeda is on a technical level...(he says, and hopes!...)

Romulus

I get the feeling that with all the bragging on them with their last gen visuals that they felt it was enough. Things have progressed since then though.

Last edited:

xStoyax

Banned
I saw plenty of people pointing out the elevator ride and all of the pop-ins there, but there's actually a ton in this clip. PS5 has been talking about eliminating pop-in and I figured Xbox Series X would easily be able to as well since they also have been bragging about the Xbox Velocity Architecture and a fast SSD. But there's a lot here. It was one of the things I was looking to forward the most being cleaned up this gen. I hope they can iron that out before launch. But the apparently felt it was good enough to make it the highlight of the show.

Shadows jumping all over place in intro during cutscene around guys face.
1:09 the grass popping out at the bottom of the screen
1:50 - 2:00 rocks loading in
2:15 after exiting map everything having to reload
2:50 while in the air look at top of the cliff
2:59 grass & rocks poppin in
5:26 Clouds/Fog popping in

MCplayer

I saw plenty of people pointing out the elevator ride and all of the pop-ins there, but there's actually a ton in this clip. PS5 has been talking about eliminating pop-in and I figured Xbox Series X would easily be able to as well since they also have been bragging about the Xbox Velocity Architecture and a fast SSD. But there's a lot here. It was one of the things I was looking to forward the most being cleaned up this gen. I hope they can iron that out before launch. But the apparently felt it was good enough to make it the highlight of the show.

Shadows jumping all over place in intro during cutscene around guys face.
1:09 the grass popping out at the bottom of the screen
1:50 - 2:00 rocks loading in
2:15 after exiting map everything having to reload
2:50 while in the air look at top of the cliff
2:59 grass & rocks poppin in
5:26 Clouds/Fog popping in

ratchet and clank had poppin

mcz117chief

I just bought and played through Reach on Xbone again and that game is just phenomenal. This... monstrosity is an insult to the Halo franchise. The only good game that 343 ever made is Fireteam Raven and I'm dead serious.

Top Bottom