• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I'm not going to discuss this, but you're right. It makes perfect sense given the other stupid shit in the game.

It's obviously a halo thing since no other game is that fucking stupid.

dude driving GIF

Had a blast using the default DualSense steam profile.
Surprisingly, you actually don't need to use a Steam profile for DualSense support in this game. It even works perfectly over Bluetooth with working vibration (which is usually a coin toss). Of course, it doesn't FULLY support the controller (no adaptive triggers, touchpad support, or PlayStation icons), but it's still nice that Microsoft included support so we don't need to rely on DS4Windows or Steam profiles.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
Tried on PC with mouse and keyboard and it wasn’t a fun time for me personally, I got absolutely hammered!

I’ve played for a few hours now and whilst initially I was really enjoying the game, something feels off for me. I can’t quite put my finger on it though.

I’ll give it some more time over the coming weeks but I still massively prefer Halo 3.

RaptorGTA

Gold Member
Tried a few games yesterday with Mouse and Keyboard...had fun. Switched to an Xbox controller and began kicking ass....yea this is awesome.

Is this guy fricking serious? I swear some of you guys are just ridiculous. Halo Infinite is really fun and polished at an incredible resolution and framerate. Stop telling us how we should feel about a game and go play Vanguard if that's your thing.
Relax, it'll be ok. I am playing both, and having fun for different reasons as I mentioned. That individual asked a question and I provided him a response as someone who has invested a considerable amount of time in both franchises. If you'd like to provide a rebuttal to any of my points, I'd be able to discuss.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
The Battle Pass whine is cringe inducing. Especially from the "I had fun, but didn't earn enough" crowd. This may not be the game for you, if fun isn't a priority.
The people complaining about there not being COD progression in Halo don’t get Halo. In COD it’s a race to prestige to unlock all the weapon attachments, perks, and killstreaks. In Halo everyone is on the same level, all the time. If you can’t compete against someone with the same exact Spartan as you, git gud.

Last edited:

Flintty

I'm too old for the multiplayer also. I give it a go but I'm fully aware I could end up on team whom I piss off with my 5 kills and 15 deaths. I would love a perpetually shite mode, where all us shakey old folks could hang out. Although first to 50 kills might take an hour or 2!
If you play BTB you can just blend into the background or hang with a larger group. It’s more chaotic but you likely won’t be judged on performance.

If you want to get better though, 4v4 is much better as it’s kinda less pressure, less chance you’ll be gangbanged. But the trade off is people can see how bad you are. Within a few games though, you might find you’re better than you think you are 👍🏻

Jimmy_liv

Tried on PC with mouse and keyboard and it wasn’t a fun time for me personally, I got absolutely hammered!

I’ve played for a few hours now and whilst initially I was really enjoying the game, something feels off for me. I can’t quite put my finger on it though.

I’ll give it some more time over the coming weeks but I still massively prefer Halo 3.
Git gud

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
The people complaining about there not being COD progression in Halo don’t get Halo. In COD it’s a race to prestige to unlock all the weapon attachments, perks, and killstreaks. In Halo everyone is on the same level, all the time. If you can’t compete against someone with the same exact Spartan as you, git gud.
I got a kill one time. Most of the time though I'm just getting worked.

Maybe I need to watch some videos with tips or something, because even when I ambush people and start shooting first I feel like I'm shooting these guys for 4 seconds and they turn around and shoot me once and I'm toast. I get that there are different strength guns, but I feel like I'm missing something very basic lol. The game isn't that complicated.

Flintty

Anyone on PC playing with controller?
Yup, Halo just feels better on controller for me, plus I play like I have Parkinson’s when using a mouse. I didn’t feel at disadvantage with a controller.

Going forward, I’ll likely be sticking with XSX because my PC is long overdue an upgrade.

Artistic

Not doing too hot in ranked right now. Think I only won 2 or 3 games out 7 ranked so far. K/D I'm sure is negative as well.

Won my only quick play game for the achievement though.

I am finding all the takes pretty funny. Some folk just want to hate because it isn't their thing, clearly if it played the same as their favourite game, they would laugh it off as being a copy. I do however, appreciate the people asking why things are the way they are

Yes you get descoped when you get shot, which is a great defence if you see a snipers lens to just tap them. Thing about Halo is most guns are usable without being scoped, always been the way. It is tricky sure, but you just got to do it!

If you need the game screaming at you for killstreaks and quips and 50 unlocks after each game, go back to CoD? I've seen this same complaint since Halo 2 and CoD4. Not every game is for everyone

I agree the Battle Pass isn't great progression wise, it should be like Fortnite at least (or was at the start, I haven't played that in forever) where you get EXP but challenges boost it.

I really wish they would smarten up the controls. I detest anything being on the D-Pad and feel there is much wasted

Freeman76

Does anyone know if this is the entire MP suite?

I was hoping for some firefight maps, and also the mode on Halo 4 where every time you spawn you start with a different gun.

Overall this isnt as good as I hoped given the long development time but it's still fun and I've enjoyed the matches so far.

The visuals are stellar and I now really can't wait for the campaign.

THEAP99

Banned
Why do pple care about leveling up on Halo Infinite?

It's been so long since we've had a MP game be good enough on gameplay alone that external rewards are NOT NEEDED to motivate me to play.

People need to GROW UP, stop worrying about childish Fortnite skins and play the GAME.

I'm really enjoying it! Though, it feels like there are barely any maps. I keep getting the same maps from the beta rotated constantly.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Your progress carries over, you can never lose the Halo battlepass. You can work on the battlepass forever, for all time. 6 years from now if you want to you can still be working on the same battle pass if you wish.
Wait what? Can you always buy the seasons or only when they are released?

Pretty insane you can progress forever without being left out.

Flintty

They should have copy/pasted the SoT season pass. Rewards with every level and additional if you have the pass, and way more generous XP gains. Hopefully they’ll fix that.

Other than that, gameplay is king and the true king is back, baby.

Billbofet

Love what I played so far.
I'm not good, so I played mostly in the bots games where I assume it was humans that suck like me against bots.
I don't think any match was even close and it was way too easy, but for me, that's a perfect way for me to learn the maps/locations/game types before jumping into the real meatgrinder.

Have not had this much fun with a mp shoot since Halo 3/CoD4 days!!!

S0ULZB0URNE

Surprisingly, you actually don't need to use a Steam profile for DualSense support in this game. It even works perfectly over Bluetooth with working vibration (which is usually a coin toss). Of course, it doesn't FULLY support the controller (no adaptive triggers, touchpad support, or PlayStation icons), but it's still nice that Microsoft included support so we don't need to rely on DS4Windows or Steam profiles.
Why would a person want to use a DS over a Xbox Series or Elite controller?

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Love what I played so far.
I'm not good, so I played mostly in the bots games where I assume it was humans that suck like me against bots.
I don't think any match was even close and it was way too easy, but for me, that's a perfect way for me to learn the maps/locations/game types before jumping into the real meatgrinder.

Have not had this much fun with a mp shoot since Halo 3/CoD4 days!!!
I've just been doing bots and some quick play. I think Stronghold is probably my favorite so far.

I really like not capturing the bases to anger people on my team.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Lmao. That's not how ranked modes are supposed to work. Having people of different skill levels is what you ideally want for a healthy ranked mode. You taking a few losses in the beginning while people learn a new game is part of the process.

Just because you were raised in a world where every kid gets a trophy doesn't mean others should strive for mediocrity.

Leyasu

Banned
What settings are people using for dead zones// aim acceleration?

I would like a setting that makes the aim speed constant and linear

Last edited:
Why would a person want to use a DS over a Xbox Series or Elite controller?
Because I don't have one, maybe?

Edit: Actually I do have an Xbox One controller but the dpad and bumpers are fucking horrible on it. I understand that the newer Xbox controllers fixed those issues but I'm not about to spend $60+ on a new controller when the DS works perfectly

And just to be clear, I'm not actually playing the game with a controller on PC. It was plugged in and I noticed it was vibrating when I was shooting with the mouse, which is what made me realize the full support

Last edited:

Relique

Just because you were raised in a world where every kid gets a trophy doesn't mean others should strive for mediocrity.
The point is that the mediocre kid is going to get stuck in a mediocre rank. Also no reason to make this personal, you don't know how I was raised.

Kappa

Game is the best halo yet but the battle pass is hot garbage. No need to bootlick what is obviously a cash grab.

Last edited:

Shtef

Gold Member
What is this BTB, TTK that you are talking about?
I got destroyed against real people, need to go back and play with bots.

Top Bottom