• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Sakura

Stop queuing for ranked of you don't know how to play.

i will kill you jim GIF
I haven't played Halo multiplayer since Halo 3 came out and ima jump straight into ranked.

JoeBudden

I am greatly disappointed with this. The shooting feels *so* damn good, and the map design seems good for what it is so far.

However, the predatory MTX and fucking god awful progression is ruining my enjoyment. With the way progression works now, it would take you 22 weeks to finish the first Battle Pass. *That is fucking retarded*. You don’t earn XP after the end of matches. The most you can do is do the daily challenge which slowly increases causing you to play *more* games to earn that paltry amount.

I can’t say that this is because the game went F2P and 343i/Microsoft decided to go full greedy cuntwaffle, or this was the design all along - but It’s fucking stupid.

Even with Halo 3 and Reach, I felt like I was earning things from both skill and simple enjoyment of playing the game. Halo 4/5 and now Infinite? I feel like I am earning nothing. Thankfully it seems I am not alone as a lot of folks across various social media, fan sites, and more are calling 343i out on this. Hopefully things change As this could easily be the best Halo MP game since the Bungie Era.

Welcome to a post-Game Pass future.

Where aggresive (and egregious) MTX is used to finance game development.

Despite all this, this is the best Halo since Halo 3. And, I expect 343 to make progression better following all the feedback.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Despite all this, this is the best Halo since Halo 3. And, I expect 343 to make progression better following all the feedback.
This has more to do with being F2P than gamepass titlle. Not a fan of F2P...

This is a post-Fortnite future. MTX do make sense for Gamepass, but we honestly haven't seen a ton of that. It's a logical theory, but it hasn't happened yet.

G-DannY

thing is, and that should be the core of every game experience... that yesterday night, I arranged a team of 4 with old halo friends and we jumped in casual just to get some grips...

we ended after few hours with an awesome oddball game, where we faced another team of 4 and the game ended at the 3rd round with me killing with a ballsmash an enemy to clutch a marvelous 100-98 win

the scream and cheers and laughing that I (we) launched after the Victory announcement is something that I never felt since years of gaming... and this is only some hours after lunch and in a "casual" playlist

ofc I went straight to buy the 10$ battlepass. 343i this time deserve money and glory, just for the joy that I felt after that moment

I don't give a fuck about the "predatory" MTX or complaining about battlepass being tedious etc. JUST STRAIGHT UP SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Last edited:

tmlDan

So progression is EXTREMELY slow and im not sure why they did this, ruins the fun when it feels like theres no progression.

Also, the BP premium has some of the worst cosmetics ive seen in a F2P game, that fire armor? looks horrible. It's all rehashed from old games nothing really new.

I wont buy premium this season maybe ill check it out next season if any of the cosmetics are any good.

Shooting, driving all feels good - but I'm not sure how long ill enjoy this, I hate saying this but a BR would be nice.....ranked just isn't enough for me.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

I genuinely think this is why they are calling it a beta, the feedback on the progression is the only real negative I agree with and see being shared all over the internet. It's far too slow. They need to change this.

The rest is nmothing to do with gamepass and is purely down to Free to play, all this shit was cemented with Fortnite, COD, Apex well before halo and if it makes it free to play I'm all for it.

I cant believe every person ive spoken to at work is jumping on this tonight, the hype is real. It would have never made it without being free to play. The worst part is microsoft do not have series X for sale in the UK to capitalize on this shiz haha.

EDMIX

thing is, and that should be the core of every game experience... that yesterday night, I arranged a team of 4 with old halo friends and we jumped in casual just to get some grips...

we ended after few hours with an awesome oddball game, where we faced another team of 4 and the game ended at the 3rd round with me killing with a ballsmash an enemy to clutch a marvelous 100-98 win

the scream and cheers and laughing that I (we) launched after the Victory announcement is something that I never felt since years of gaming... and this is only some hours after lunch and in a "casual" playlist

ofc I went straight to buy the 10$ battlepass. 343i this time deserve money and glory, just for the joy that I felt after that moment

I don't give a fuck about the "predatory" MTX or complaining about battlepass being tedious etc. JUST STRAIGHT UP SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Respect.

ZGkN2pl.jpg
Game is something else on pc!!! 343i did it this game is crack!

Does it have CTF?

ManaByte

Gold Member
So progression is EXTREMELY slow and im not sure why they did this, ruins the fun when it feels like theres no progression.

Also, the BP premium has some of the worst cosmetics ive seen in a F2P game, that fire armor? looks horrible. It's all rehashed from old games nothing really new.

I wont buy premium this season maybe ill check it out next season if any of the cosmetics are any good.

Shooting, driving all feels good - but I'm not sure how long ill enjoy this, I hate saying this but a BR would be nice.....ranked just isn't enough for me.

The game is called Halo.

Not Spartan Fashion Show.

If you want to play shooter where you dress up, this game is for you.

Both cod and halo are fps but if u ask me these both games are in different genres, it literally takes 0.01 second in vanguard to kill someone where as every gun fight in this game feels like a challenge head to head fight where skill always wins instead of who pulled the trigger first

Kev Kev

played last nite and had a lot of fun. did better than i thought i would. im looking forward to taking down some more of those gun training challenges and stuff. feels good to play halo again. and for damn near free!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
How are you playing this game? Because everything I click on says "Content to play this, is not yet installed"

Please help

tmlDan

The game is called Halo.

what's your deal, they need to monetize somehow and BP's are great for adding cool fun features to the game. I for one love cool cosmetics and will give them money if they work harder on them.

Don't link me Fortnite, I was referring to Apex and COD, and soon to be BF (which I can already tell will have cool skins, the one sin the game are already sweet looking) - they were also once games that "we're COD not fashion COD"

your attitude is an embarrassment

manfestival

I played the game for a little more than 1 hour but the time I had was pretty solid. Very good first impression. Was very impressed by the performance of the game on my laptop at medium graphics 1080p on a 1070. The game looked great on my desktop at ultra settings though I may need to turn the sharpening down.

I’ve played Infinite for 8 hours so far and have had zero issues getting into games instantly
I was at 6 hours 24 mins yesterday, now im up to about 8 lol and i started playing once it went live on the xbox app...When I saw people say it was 'down completely' on the xbox app I'd already put in about 2 hours on there. I'm having a blast, bout to go back in since I don't have much but a meeting at 2pmish

G-DannY

I tried to play also on Xcloud from my laptop (Intel HD 620 lol)...

Yeah, not the best game to play with input latency but... Basically you are playing ON the server... so yes you have some ms of input latency but it also shows 1ms ping... so it offsets a bit the input

quality is also acceptable, crearly compressed 1080p, but 60fps nonetheless

not the optimal, but "playable"

Last edited:

Crew511A

The game is called Halo.

Then what is the point of the Battle Pass? The whole monetization plan revolves around players buying the pass to play for new customizations. It's not new.

The game IS fun, but why would anyone buy the battle pass when the progression rate is this bad? When you've got a F2P model, you need people to pay for stuff. Seems like the problem is pretty self-apparent here.

twilo99

ZGkN2pl.jpg
Game is something else on pc!!! 343i did it this game is crack!

Very nice!!

what frames are you getting? I feel like they can do better with the optimization because my 6800xt is getting between 70 and 120 frames on med/high settings, not great.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Very nice!!

what frames are you getting? I feel like they can do better with the optimization because my 6800xt is getting between 70 and 120 frames on med/high settings, not great.
80 to 120 at almost 4k ( ultra)on a 3090.

MrFunSocks

Banned
I was worried about the backwards step in traversal from Halo 5, but god damn this game is good. The only thing I would change is have the thrusters as a default ability. That's it. Everything else is the best halo has ever been imo. Definitely up there with best gunplay in any console shooter I've played.

elliot5

I was worried about the backwards step in traversal from Halo 5, but god damn this game is good. The only thing I would change is have the thrusters as a default ability. That's it. Everything else is the best halo has ever been imo. Definitely up there with best gunplay in any console shooter I've played.
i imagine once custom servers are available or forge is in people will have a "Halo 5" preset with similar sprint speeds, slide speeds, thrusters always on with infinite uses, etc. Would be interesting to try

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Is there a way for me to select a 1440p resolution without using resolution scaling? I can never get it to be exactly 2560*1440p. Why is there no drop down that lets me select resolutions?

JLB

Banned

There were MTXs before GP and they are still there after it. It doesnt look to be any indication that GP helped on any way to change that.

G-DannY

I tried to play also on Xcloud from my laptop (Intel HD 620 lol)...

Yeah, not the best game to play with input latency but... Basically you are playing ON the server... so yes you have some ms of input latency but it also shows 1ms ping... so it offsets a bit the input

quality is also acceptable, crearly compressed 1080p, but 60fps nonetheless

not the optimal, but "playable"

(YT HD version still elaborating)

Last edited:

thatJohann

They need to fix the broken GAMMA / black levels on all FMVs and videos on Halo Infinite, including the 343 and xbox studios intro. they look terrible with elevated black levels.

While the visuals looks fine once you're in the actual game, I'm very surprised 343 went thru with yesterday's release with this very clear bug. It creates a REALLY bad first impression. I thought my new C1 was having black level or gamma issues. Made my anxiety peak. I get that in the grand scheme of things this is not a showstopping bug so they went thru with the beta release but i hope they patch it asap. Left a bad taste in my mouth. In fact, I'm waiting for it to be fixed before launching Halo Infinite again. That's just me and my OCD too.

For reference, I'm playing on an LG C1 OLED using HGIG + 120Hz with VRR on using PC input mode (not using Dolby Vision).

Top Bottom