• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Energy swords + extra shield = You better run mf.

That is a killer combo. The only chance you got in 1 on 1 against it is if you somehow have plasma pistol (1 charged shot will destroy the entire shield including over shield) and a ballistic weapon to finish with a headshot. Or maybe a gravity hammer as it can parry energy sword.

G-DannY

One problem at least for me seems to be inconsistent melee...

punch, sword, hammer... it always seems that I die from a long distance (long lunge from sword, aoe from hammer, lunge punch), distance that I do not replicate EVER.

Basically, apart from some clear uncontested melee that i kill without problems, any contested or "tradable" melee I finish to always die, also when opponent is lower shield.

I think it has something to do with collisions and maybe with desync from their side, cause my ping is always <35...

this bothers me much, it is the only complain I have about my performance in game

JLB

Banned
That is a killer combo. The only chance you got in 1 on 1 against it is if you somehow have plasma pistol (1 charged shot will destroy the entire shield including over shield) and a ballistic weapon to finish with a headshot. Or maybe a gravity hammer as it can parry energy sword.

quite hard to combat an energy sword with a hammer. Its just to fast. The plasma combo you mentioned might work... but its not specially easy to execute.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

In the same way Battlefront 2 got negative press from places outside of gaming directly, looks like Halo fortunately is getting it too.

This can only be a good thing for the game as constant reinforcing of "the monetisation sucks even compared to other F2P games" can only result in slow positive change.

I just ground out the weekly challange for the free armour colour. It looks sweet but my god did I hate every step of the way. Now that's its gone its a relief and a feeling that I can play the way I want finally... BTB.

Papacheeks

Banned
That’s the problem with Sony their fans are excited for games like horizon and god of war.

thats def me. But also Halo infinite gameplay wise is the most fun ive had in a shooter in a very long time. It sucks that it released in such a state, and gives very little confidence to the campaign outside of gameplay. But if I cant play it with a friend like Ive always done, then it will be another campaign I beat in 10-15 hours depending on content.

I hope Microsoft knows how bad they fucked up in handling bungie, and managing 343. Thank god Coalition is running well, im excited to see what they come up with IP wise.

Banned

In the same way Battlefront 2 got negative press from places outside of gaming directly, looks like Halo fortunately is getting it too.

This can only be a good thing for the game as constant reinforcing of "the monetisation sucks even compared to other F2P games" can only result in slow positive change.

I just ground out the weekly challange for the free armour colour. It looks sweet but my god did I hate every step of the way. Now that's its gone its a relief and a feeling that I can play the way I want finally... BTB.

yeah the more people that shine a light at just how awful their whole structure is the better.
because this is just so much worse than comparable free 2 play shooters

Batiman

Banned
Loving the repulser now. Thought it was useless at first. The drop wall is pretty shit though. Would love if they brought back bubble shield. Would probably be to messy. Would probably be alright in BTB though.

This game is too good. TBH it didn’t click with me off the bat like other halos for some reason. After like 10 matches everything changed. Perfect balance of classic halo and something fresh. I’ll be playing this forever. I don’t know who 343 hired to their map design team but they deserve serious credit. Big step up from guardians and 4. Not one map I don’t enjoy. This game is making me realize how bad 4 and 5 were map wise.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
This siesta Playlist is so random. One game I'll go 14-3 the next 5-12.

Not doing much for my K/D and I get pissed when I respawn repeatedly with mauler/shotgun on a giant map, but dam it's still fun.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
sorry but no, there is no defending the challenge system. it absolutely ruins many game types.
and it's also more about the contents of the battle pass not only the progression.
Especially when you compare it to Battle Passes found in other games like Rogue Company, COD, Apex, and Fortnite. But the usual bootlickers are going to keep on bootlicking.

mUsT cOnSoOoOm

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

I wanna see a play where someone drops a sniper and it flies across the map to another player who utilizes it. Some of those are great, but I definitely have to put them to practice. Most of the games I played - I played it like traditional Halo. Some kills and some deaths. A couple double kills. I wasn’t thinking about bouncing back a grenade or horsing around with the grapple hook. Im still climbing up ramps and entry ways the old fashion way. It might help my gameplay out if I utilize these things. A gimmick or new way of gaining the lead only works if you’re considering it at the right moment. Otherwise you’re setting yourself up to be taken out pretty fast. I was playing some Oddball and I’d just grenade the room above me. I didn’t even consider grappling.

Banned

im starting to think worries about halo infinite battle pass progression might be overblown. it doesn't seem slow to me at all

so I boosted to level 50

Lmao

is this dude really that stupid? is he for real? did he just say that he boosted to level 50 and has an armor effect noone else has and therefore looks distinct from other players... AND IN THE NEXT SENTENCE SAYS THAT ONCE THE OTHER GUY (and thereofore everyone else) WILL UNLOCK SAID EFFECT THAT HE WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER SPARTANS????
THAT ALL ALSO THEN UNLOCK THE SAME SHIT? WHICH THEY INEVITABLY WILL EQUIP AND EVERYONE WILL LOOK THE EXACT SAME AGAIN?

I'm sorry for the caps lock here... but I am astonished that a person with a seemingly functional brain said both sentences back to back.. wHAT?

also one of the reasons everyone looks the fucking same is because you can't mix armor pieces across armor cores.
and the worst thing about it is that 343 literally lies about why that is even tho people want it gone... they say it is "technically not that easy to change the system in the game to support cross core compatibility" (I am paraphrasing)

but here is the thing... THEIR OWN GAME proves them wrong! the bots in the game have all different armor, and some of them HAVE MIXED ARMOR FROM DIFFERENT ARMOR CORES... this is almost the most hilarious shit I've seen all week if it wasn't so fucked up

Last edited:

Banned
So if $8 is too much for that item to you, don't buy it.

Do people seriously not understand that you don't HAVE to have every single thing that exists to do with a game?

Kill Count Boot Licker GIF by Dead Meat James

Graciaus

if you do that you will just have the opposite happen, then the sword will be garbage against the shotgun
But the shotgun is supposed to beat the sword.

As someone who doesn't use it much I like not walking around a corner and being one shot by a camper.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
is this dude really that stupid? is he for real? did he just say that he boosted to level 50 and has an armor effect noone else has and therefore looks distinct from other players... AND IN THE NEXT SENTENCE SAYS THAT ONCE THE OTHER GUY (and thereofore everyone else) WILL UNLOCK SAID EFFECT THAT HE WILL BE DIFFERENT THAN THE OTHER SPARTANS????
THAT ALL ALSO THEN UNLOCK THE SAME SHIT? WHICH THEY INEVITABLY WILL EQUIP AND EVERYONE WILL LOOK THE EXACT SAME AGAIN?

I'm sorry for the caps lock here... but I am astonished that a person with a seemingly functional brain said both sentences back to back.. wHAT?

also one of the reasons everyone looks the fucking same is because you can't mix armor pieces across armor cores.
and the worst thing about it is that 343 literally lies about why that is even tho people want it gone... they say it is "technically not that easy to change the system in the game to support cross core compatibility" (I am paraphrasing)

but here is the thing... THEIR OWN GAME proves them wrong! the bots in the game have all different armor, and some of them HAVE MIXED ARMOR FROM DIFFERENT ARMOR CORES... this is almost the most hilarious shit I've seen all week if it wasn't so fucked up
Games journalism

46a.png

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Honestly, you're hatred for this stuff, while extreme in my opinion is obviously something that is completely ruining your experience for the game, all Ican say is I would try and move onto something else. With the way the game is structered, for you it is obviously triggering you massively.

Like, i'm not spotting issues outside of collision detection, some strange bullets not registering on occasion and the lack of content BUT what is there I am absolutely in love with because i couldn't give a flying fuck about a blue colour or my battle pass.

Have you tried Apex legends? The gun play is sublime and there are tons of unlocks and challenges and skins etc you can unlock.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I'm watching console (controller) gameplay footage on YouTube and holly macaroni the auto aim assist is just ridiculous.

You can clearly see that they are simply aiming in "general direction" of the head and scoring headshots left and right.

:messenger_hushed:

Flintty

A compilation of clips from my first week with the game, complete with obnoxious music soundtrack :messenger_horns:
Not as crazy as most videos but I love that I'm getting better each day!

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Ah yes the 2x exp boost makes it so easy to progress, where do I get that again? Oh yes THE CASH SHOP!

I mean at this point can we agree that the dude that says the progression ain't that bad but then paid 100$ to boost 50 levels probably is full of shit?

JSlnnzu_d.webp

I grounded out this week's challanges and I HATED IT! especially the last one... Jesus christ I can't remember a progression system that angered me this much in years it made me HATE fiesta mode which I assume is supposed to be "fun". at least the white with gold highlights is nicer than the one they sold for 20$ last week, shame its infuriating to get.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Spent some time with this on PC, and it's a bit of a mixed bag coming from the Series X. I had to limit my frame rate to match my refresh because it was just not liking my GSync monitor at all. Didn't get a single game under 180ms; on Series X I get the occasional lag fest, but this was constant. Running on my gaming rig (i9 10900k, RTX 3090, Samsung SSD) I was still getting hitches and random drops as I was playing. FPS never dropped below 100 (as I'd expect) but there's clearly something going on under the good.
They really, really need to implement region selection. I don't mind waiting a minute or two for a game as long as the game is the usual 15-25 ms. If it's 180 ping, I don't care if the game is instant, it's bloody unplayable.

Papacheeks

Banned
also the multiplayer does state its beta still am sure of that

The whole "It's a beta" would only ring true if there was much more content for season pass, and more things being added when it launches. Outside of Extraction, and some other mode, 343 has already stated all content that is suppose to be in at launch for MP is already there. Meaning any new contents coming sometime later in 2022. Custom game lists dont even work.

The say beta, but in reality as Act man puts it this is the final release of the MP. Sure there will be some bug patches, updates on Dec.8 with added extraction mode. But interms of maps, and compared to previous full entry Halo, its a weak offering. MCC literally has Halo reach MP and when Reach launched it was feature complete. You should watch that Act man video he's a hardcore halo guy and literally breaks down whats wrong with Infinite.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
The whole "It's a beta" would only ring true if there was much more content for season pass, and more things being added when it launches. Outside of Extraction, and some other mode, 343 has already stated all content that is suppose to be in at launch for MP is already there. Meaning any new contents coming sometime later in 2022. Custom game lists dont even work.

The say beta, but in reality as Act man puts it this is the final release of the MP. Sure there will be some bug patches, updates on Dec.8 with added extraction mode. But interms of maps, and compared to previous full entry Halo, its a weak offering. MCC literally has Halo reach MP and when Reach launched it was feature complete. You should watch that Act man video he's a hardcore halo guy and literally breaks down whats wrong with Infinite.

well if they say its in beta then its in beta

Top Bottom