• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

FFA is great fun.. glad they added it

It's alright but it needs some work. The maps were clearly not set up for a FFA and sometimes you spawn directly in front of an enemy.

Also I really don't know why they would add me to an already in progress game where someone is on 16 kills

Mr.ODST

How is everyone finding the new challenges?

Glad they added more like "Capture a Zone" and Earn cumulative player scores, a bit more rewarding and I dont see any get so many kills with a weapon challenges as much now

Lt.Calley

Banned
Its Halo it was fun for about an hour but its same ol' Halo and competitive MP shooters have evolved past this. I don't believe it will have any serious following like Fortnite, Apex or Warzone.

Jebron

My friends hyped this game up as the next coming. Played a few rounds and to be honest, I enjoyed Splitgate much more.
I tend to agree, but I think my expectations were way too high. The core mechanics of the game are solid, but everything else is so under-cooked I've lost interest. The story was okay, I enjoyed the open world but the game isn't even in my top 10 for 2021 honestly.

sainraja

So you haven't played it. Good to know we can ignore your posts about the SP.
Man, stop being so defensive. He was speaking of multiplayer and you responded by mentioning the campaign; he acknowledged that he heard about the information you shared then asked a question with an assumption of there being a guide (you know since he'd have to play the campaign to get it). See how Havoc2049's addressed it — follow his example. He just clarified it without accusing him of trolling....take the console war goggles off for a minute.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Power seed:

"Let's make it so the other team can steal the power seeds you've already plugged into your base."

"Awesome! Great idea! How long should it take to steal a power seed that's plugged in?"

"Probably make the player hold X for, I don't know, 7 and a half minutes? We don't actually want players stealing seeds."

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Man, stop being so defensive. He was speaking of multiplayer and you responded by mentioning the campaign; he acknowledged that he heard about the information you shared then asked a question with an assumption of there being a guide (you know since he'd have to play the campaign to get it). See how Havoc2049's addressed it — follow his example. He just clarified it without accusing him of trolling....take the console war goggles off for a minute.
Well, to be fair, the "garbage SP mode" comment was trollish. Reap what you sow. Maybe ManaByte's comments are warranted. 🤣

sainraja

Well, to be fair, the "garbage SP mode" comment was trollish. Reap what you sow. Maybe ManaByte's comments are warranted. 🤣
I think the guy just doesn't like to play SP mode. If he came into this thread trashing SP on his own accord, then perhaps its trolling — but my takeaway from his post was that he just doesn't want to have to go through SP mode but he'd have to, to get some MP skins — the reason he inquired about a guide.

Last edited:
Power seed:

"Let's make it so the other team can steal the power seeds you've already plugged into your base."

"Awesome! Great idea! How long should it take to steal a power seed that's plugged in?"

"Probably make the player hold X for, I don't know, 7 and a half minutes? We don't actually want players stealing seeds."
Still works. Had a match where the last seed drop bugged. Game went for like 40 minutes or so, but we managed to steal all their 3 seeds to win.

Banned
we got some dev updates today guys...

1: the shitty XP boosts from the Yoroi event pass will be replaced with armor pieces that were originally planned to be sold separately
2: the challenge system will be changed next year
3: events will not be split in multiple parts as much going forward
4: event challenges will not be randomly spread into normal ones anymore
5: Pricing in the shop will be adjusted
6: staring next year they will focus on adjusting the UI + playlists + changing how XP boosts work
+ customization options
(hopefully this will mean cross core customization, which we KNOW works btw. due to multiple bugs in the app and because bots in the tutorial use cross core stuff, and was only locked due to monetisation plans for selling the same color and maybe even the same pieces for different cores)

so... YOU ARE WELCOME!
sincerely, "The Whiners"

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
we got some dev updates today guys...

1: the shitty XP boosts from the Yoroi event pass will be replaced with armor pieces that were originally planned to be sold separately
2: the challenge system will be changed next year
3: events will not be split in multiple parts as much going forward
4: event challenges will not be randomly spread into normal ones anymore
5: Pricing in the shop will be adjusted
6: staring next year they will focus on adjusting the UI + playlists + changing how XP boosts work
+ customization options
(hopefully this will mean cross core customization, which we KNOW works btw. due to multiple bugs in the app and because bots in the tutorial use cross core stuff, and was only locked due to monetisation plans for selling the same color and maybe even the same pieces for different cores)

so... YOU ARE WELCOME!
sincerely, "The Whiners"
That all sounds great, but why are they forcing Ranked Game-type specific challenges in my weeklies? I used like 5 challenge swaps and it just swapped to more and more obscure ranked modes.

Banned
That all sounds great, but why are they forcing Ranked Game-type specific challenges in my weeklies? I used like 5 challenge swaps and it just swapped to more and more obscure ranked modes.

challenges will get adjustments next year... I in general hope that they will be toned down SIGNIFICANTLY. honstly "play a ranked match" is the least problematic of these challenges.
the really bad ones that have the potential to completely ruin matches are the weapon, vehicle and objective specific ones that promote bad team work and bad behaviour in general. Camping weapon spawns instead of helping the team, or camping in some corner with a shotgun instead of helping the team because you need to do these very specific things, those are the really bad ones IMO.

but yeah, it is annoying if the game tries to push you to play certain modes too of course.

Last edited:
Anybody else experiencing connection problems since the update? I nearly can't join any Big Team Battles. If i try it 20 times, i have 5 times "map loading 0%-->disconnected from the server" and 14 times "Game starts in 3, 2, 1--->You lost the connection to the game server". The other modes work 90% of the time, but i love BTB. It's definatley not my connection.

Anybody else experiencing connection problems since the update? I nearly can't join any Big Team Battles. If i try it 20 times, i have 5 times "map loading 0%-->disconnected from the server" and 14 times "Game starts in 3, 2, 1--->You lost the connection to the game server". The other modes work 90% of the time, but i love BTB. It's definatley not my connection.

It's a problem 343 is aware of and is working on according to the community stream they had last night.

Naked Lunch

I find it amazing that more often than not, 4v4 CTF matches come down to the absolute last second. Even if a team didnt do anything the entire round - at the end shit gets crazy and teams somehow end up tying the game to head to overtime. It speaks to the core design of the gameplay - everything from flag reset timing, to flag movement speeds, map sightlines - ive seen tons of incredible last second buzzer beaters and crazy comebacks already.

chris121580

Yeah it's really frustrating. Been that way for a few days. Doesn't help all my weekly challenges are related to BTB right now

twilo99

It's alright but it needs some work. The maps were clearly not set up for a FFA and sometimes you spawn directly in front of an enemy.

Also I really don't know why they would add me to an already in progress game where someone is on 16 kills

Maybe its the skill level am at, pretty low, but I think its my favorite mode so far.. you are right, the maps can be a bit better, but not bad overall..

G-DannY

don't know what happened, but after the playlist updates I find a lot more difficult to win a single game, in any mode.

It seems SBMM is completely screwed for me. I either am teamed against pro sweats or teamed with headless chickens.

BTB is particularly bad, no matter my performance, I am on kind a 10 games losing streak, just because ALL my teammates sucks and even don't know any better where to cap a flag or how different modes should be played, and the opposing teams always seems coordinated and stomp us.

It is a little bit hard for me since tuesday. Luckily I just completed the battlepass, don't wanna think about how a "win X games" challenge could make me mad right now.

I consider myself an average player (platium 5ish), but right now I am beyond frustrated and NOT enjoying playing this games this way.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Finished the campaign and went back to the MP last night. Thought I would do some challenges, tried some ranked and the first game instantly connects. Just to a US server with a 112ms ping.

FFS 343, I don’t mind waiting for a game. Don’t fucking put me in the first game with a massive fuck you to the quality of the match.

Batiman

Banned
?
Ranked never left - just scroll down. They even added solo/duo controller only or KB+M only ranked section in addition to crossplay ranked.
Wow for real? I didn’t know the list went lower than FFA. I looked for ranked everywhere….. Now I gotta turn it on and see what the fuck to was doing. It has to be somewhat hidden or badly designed because I’ve been checking for 2 -3 days.

It’s been shit playing ffa and fiesta social do or 2 days!

Naked Lunch

Wow for real? I didn’t know the list went lower than FFA. I looked for ranked everywhere….. Now I gotta turn it on and see what the fuck to was doing. It has to be somewhat hidden or badly designed because I’ve been checking for 2 -3 days.

It’s been shit playing ffa and fiesta social do or 2 days!
Yea im pretty sure you posted 'ranked went missing' a couple days ago and im like "what the hell is this dude talking about?"
Sorry bro.

so... YOU ARE WELCOME!
sincerely, "The Whiners"
3BP.gif

Batiman

Banned
Yea im pretty sure you posted 'ranked went missing' a couple days ago and im like "what the hell is this dude talking about?"
Sorry bro.
Ya no one responded lol. At least I can play ranked now. It wasn’t the same without it. Thx for responding. Who knows how long that would’ve lasted…

Last edited:
Hey MP gang, is there any word on BTB modes and maps coming? I think BF 2042s collapse leaves a big opening for some large scale vehicle based MP goodness. I'm too old and slow for high skill arena sized stuff.

Top Bottom