• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
So, I've never been much of a Halo player, but I've played quite a lot of Infinite multiplayer...enough to be level 100 and have all the available Tenrai events cosmetics.

I've learned that if I decide to wear the flaming arms cosmetic, I get quite a bit more pounding to the face by teabagging opponents...but no where near the amount of testes to brow I receive if I dare wear the flaming head cosmetic. If one is so inclined to attempt combining the flaming head with the skullface visor, or heaven forbid, the cat ears...you are likely to be teabagged into oblivion by multiple opponents at the same time.

My research also has found that teammates who have little to no visible cosmetics are usually much more likely to shout "-insert weapon- F@GG0T" at opponents, no matter what weapon they were killed by. Multiply this by 25% if said player has "god" or "69" somewhere in their Gamertag.

Additionally, if your Gamertag implies female whatsoever, you are inherently a "stupid bitch", "fucking cunt", or the fucking worst player they've ever seen, even if your kill count is double their own. :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

combo GIF

Wwe Live Thumbs Up GIF

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
I’m level 100 with all the available fracture unlocks and all the weekly challenges done already. The next battle pass doesn’t come out til like may iirc. The whiners really got them to make unlocks way too easy now. Simply by playing 7 matches a day you can finish all 100 levels in less than 50 days even if you’re a completely garbage player.

I’m knocking on Onyx’s door in ranked now too, but don’t think I play enough to be able to ever stay in onyx if I get there. I’m a smidge off diamond 6 rank.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nice (and truthful) observations there Ailynn Ailynn 🔥

In regards to the cosmetics/grifting ratio; something something hammer nail ofcourse..

Last edited:

Banned
I’m level 100 with all the available fracture unlocks and all the weekly challenges done already. The next battle pass doesn’t come out til like may iirc. The whiners really got them to make unlocks way too easy now. Simply by playing 7 matches a day you can finish all 100 levels in less than 50 days even if you’re a completely garbage player.

I’m knocking on Onyx’s door in ranked now too, but don’t think I play enough to be able to ever stay in onyx if I get there. I’m a smidge off diamond 6 rank.

later seasons will only be half as long as this one, so better they fixed it now than later.

also the speed was never an issue, it was barely increased compared to the way it first worked.
people complained mainly about the challenges, and those are still complete garbage and need to completely be taken out of the game. they still have dumb shit in the challenges that actively promotes bad teamplay, like the ones where you need to get kill supports, which encourages you to stop shooting at enemies in the hopes hat someone else kills them, I have seen that happen this week a lot with the tenrai even challenges.

Havoc2049

I just wish they would make the seasons and challenges exactly like Halo MCC and I would be extremely happy and would gladly buy a $10 Season Pass.

It's as if the shitty challenges were done in purpose, with the intent to sell challenge swaps. 🤔

MrFunSocks

Banned
I just wish they would make the seasons and challenges exactly like Halo MCC and I would be extremely happy and would gladly buy a $10 Season Pass.

It's as if the shitty challenges were done in purpose, with the intent to sell challenge swaps. 🤔
They throw challenge swaps at you like crazy though. Also all the challenges now are dead simple. Get X score. Kill X Spartans. Get X headshots. Get X assists.

Batiman

Banned
I’ve been playing multiplayer since launch and haven’t spent a dime. I just started the campaign a couple days ago. How do I see what I unlocked exactly?

Orbital2060

I had some kills not track in Tactical Slayer, and changed to Quickplay and it worked as usual. Made me think there is something with the way some modes work and how the challenges are worded. Some say: in PvP, or mention Enemy Spartans specifically. It was odd though, but the two times Ive had this Ive solved it by doing quick plays instead.

Just had a control game where no one could capture point A. No progress no matter how long you stay there, and the game ended 0-0. Is there a way to grief this that prevents capture or was that just bugginess?

Banned
so, Splitgate Season 1 is out... and it has a fucking Map Editor before Halo -_- and a functioning custom game maker

and the fucking Battle Pass also is way "higher quality" for a lack of a better term, I am not the biggest fan or their art style but they definitely put some real work into it... it's not just challenge swaps and the same blue color 3 times, like in some other game *cough*

Last edited:

Graciaus

this video is such a great analysis

I started watching this when you first posted it but got sidetracked. Just finished it and that was an amazing video. Talked about a lot of things I didn't realize or even know about. I deleted the game since I was disappointed in what's there for now. But this makes it look even worse from a gameplay perspective.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
This Fiesta "Killjoy" ultimate challenge is by far the worst one they've done yet. :lollipop_unamused:

I give it 10/10 TEABAGS to the FACE

Banned
This Fiesta "Killjoy" ultimate challenge is by far the worst one they've done yet. :lollipop_unamused:

I give it 10/10 TEABAGS to the FACE

I saw a great idea on the official reddit today. someone made a 4 player splitscreen party and queued into fiesta. this does 2 things...
1: your enemies get super easy kills guaranteed
2: noone can steal your killjoy medal

I think I will do that too once I get there... but I have other super shitty challenges to get through until then.

people on PC are of course fucked because PC has no splitscreen... because 343 seems to be too stupid to add it. they literally "worked" on Splitscreen for MCC for the last 6 months and no update on it yet.

such a talentlesl studio it's actually incredible

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I saw a great idea on the official reddit today. someone made a 4 player splitscreen party and queued into fiesta. this does 2 things...

I think I will do that too once I get there... but I have other super shitty challenges to get through until then.

people on PC are of course fucked because PC has no splitscreen... because 343 seems to be too stupid to add it. they literally "worked" on Splitscreen for MCC for the last 6 months and no update on it yet.

That's an amazing idea! Thank you so much for sharing! ❤️

Banned

That's an amazing idea! Thank you so much for sharing! ❤️

Killjoy medal - thats for stopping a killing frenzy? Oof. OOF.

Not sure if can be bothered then.

so I just tried that, and I got my 3 Killjoy medals in a single round! so, if you are on Xbox and if you have 4 controllers... this is a way to do it fast and easy.

although, because 343i is a terrible dev team with zero talent... YOU CAN NOT USE GUEST ACCOUNTS for splitscreen -_- I had to make 2 additional accounts to do it. still less annoying than doing that challenge the intended way tho.

additionally, I did a bit of a framerate test. my TV's Freesync HZ monitor showed a very wobbly 70hz to 90hz output while playing 4p splitscreen in performance mode.
it felt like it went below 60 at times, and I think some of the 80hz readings my TV gave me was the Xbox doubling frames due to it falling below 60fps... so 80hz in that case would mean 40fps.

from that hz monitor and game feel I would say the game runs at a framerate that is varying between 40fps and 80fps with very wild swings up and down

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
This is like the only halo were rockets don’t have that dominance. I swear I’ve probably shot the rockets 20 times since launch in ranked arena. People are on them like fiends. I always get killed as soon as I grab them and with only two rockets in the thing I’m better off grabbing the shotty. At least that’s almost 3 guaranteed kills when I play smart with corners.

Phase

It's amazing the things 343 has changed for seemingly no reason... Somehow there's always something else.

Orbital2060

so I just tried that, and I got my 3 Killjoy medals in a single round! so, if you are on Xbox and if you have 4 controllers... this is a way to do it fast and easy.

although, because 343i is a terrible dev team with zero talent... YOU CAN NOT USE GUEST ACCOUNTS for splitscreen -_- I had to make 2 additional accounts to do it. still less annoying than doing that challenge the intended way tho.

additionally, I did a bit of a framerate test. my TV's Freesync HZ monitor showed a very wobbly 70hz to 90hz output while playing 4p splitscreen in performance mode.
it felt like it went below 60 at times, and I think some of the 80hz readings my TV gave me was the Xbox doubling frames due to it falling below 60fps... so 80hz in that case would mean 40fps.

from that hz monitor and game feel I would say the game runs at a framerate that is varying between 40fps and 80fps with very wild swings up and down
Yeah Ive only got 2 controllers unfortunately. But thanks!

Naked Lunch

I still enjoy playing it, but like I said, no BR mode means pretty much dead within 6-8 months from launch.
Nah - it just needs more maps. Preferably ones with more open designs in natural and covenant environments. The game has enough CQC maps in human streets/buildings.
I wouldnt mind some remixed classic Halo maps - there are zero in the game atm.

The Infinite core gameplay dumps on all other current shooters for my tastes. Its too good. Just needs more playgrounds to go with it.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Game needs a content drop before Season 2.

They should have had remastered versions of Guardian, The Pit, Sandtrap and Valhalla good to go.

Just 2 from the above would be really welcomed right now, one for standard game modes and one for big team.

DR3AM

FOr the first since since day 1 I was not able to get the weekly challenge because it depended on others players to key a killing spree. FUCK THIS SHIT. Time to move on from Halo.

Banjo64

cumsessed
People complained about the lack of playlists in Infinite.

Having too many game modes has killed the prior games as only Slayer ends up being highly populated.

I was vocal about this.

Having 4 permanent game modes max made sense (BTB/Lone Wolves/Slayer & Objective) but instead 343 added pointless game modes permanently like Fiesta and diluted their own player base.

Low and behold;

Pathetic.

Interfectum

ferris buellers day off ugh GIF

$70 billion on Activision, can't get a decent Live Team going at 343 to work on their flagship IP. Makes sense.

Last edited:

Banned
People complained about the lack of playlists in Infinite.

Having too many game modes has killed the prior games as only Slayer ends up being highly populated.

I was vocal about this.

Having 4 permanent game modes max made sense (BTB/Lone Wolves/Slayer & Objective) but instead 343 added pointless game modes permanently like Fiesta and diluted their own player base.

Low and behold;

Pathetic.

this never happened in older Halo games. Halo 5 had basically all modes populated to a degree even 2 years after launch. and that game launched with like 10 to 15 playlists with more added after launch

Infinite is simply dying because it's a terrible game, it already lost almost all of its population. MCC is catching up to Infinite again, and that is a collection of decade old games

Last edited:
Top Bottom