• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Midn1ght

i assume progress carries across formats?

i'd like to play on steam and XSX, do we get achievements on steam?

I can confirm there are achievements on Steam, 119 to be exact.

Wow that looks better than what we've got over on Series X.

Thanks, I like the way this looks on the steam library but I still have a long way to go to make over my entire collection.

iyVAovR.jpg

I usually post them here if you want to grab a few
https://www.steamgriddb.com/profile/76561198077663280/grids

Last edited:

elliot5

Currently 189K concurrent on Steam.

In other news, can you really not run this in full screen?
i literally do not understand the difference between borderless fullscreen and exclusive fullscreen with DX12 games. Your game is fullscreen. The performance is the same. What's there to need? Why is there such demand for it outside of people thinking it would make a difference in-game performance wise?

Tech Preview 2 Outcomes | Halo - Official Site (en) (halowaypoint.com)
Demystifying Fullscreen Optimizations - DirectX Developer Blog (microsoft.com)

"Exclusive Fullscreen is an interesting one. When reading the feedback from most players, they wanted exclusive fullscreen because they believed it would give them significant performance advantages. While that used to be accurate a few years ago, that is actually no longer the case due to some fundamental changes with Windows 10, and it is not applicable to DirectX 12 (Infinite is DirectX 12 only). Not to get too technical here, but you can read up on this update here. If exclusive fullscreen would have increased perf over our current options, we would’ve prioritized it higher on our list and pursued it. However, there are still other use cases for players, such as accessibility and just personal preference, and we do want to give players the choice. It will not be something that comes immediately post-launch, but we will be investigating how to expose this as an option."
There is fullscreen. It's borderless. Still fullscreen.

Jennings

This runs poorly on Xbox One X, and doesn't hit the same smooth 60 FPS that Halo 5 delivered so many years ago. I guess this is to be expected for a next gen game on a last gen console, but I wish the game had a performance mode.

It shouldn't matter much to me anyway since I should stay out of multiplayer as all I do is constantly feed one-shot kills to the enemy snipers anyway.

lefty1117

Gold Member
It just feels so good with the responsiveness to control inputs. Feels like I'm not fighting the controls as much as I do with Battlefield. That said BF is a separate experience altogether and I enjoy that one as well. Halo feels "pure" while BF is a bigger experience.

Riky

$MSFT
This runs poorly on Xbox One X, and doesn't hit the same smooth 60 FPS that Halo 5 delivered so many years ago. I guess this is to be expected for a next gen game on a last gen console, but I wish the game had a performance mode.

It shouldn't matter much to me anyway since I should stay out of multiplayer as all I do is constantly feed one-shot kills to the enemy snipers anyway.

They added a 1080p 60fps to the last flight, you sure it's not there?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Any settings guide out there? Like what settings are the most demanding and least obvious in gameplay to turn down and how much before it visibly degrades the quality? Naturally with minimum fps turned off so that they don't adjust on the fly automatically.

For now, it looks good in Ultra and in Low (with some obvious lod switches and pop in not visible in stills for the latter, I'd like to avoid that first). I probably won't be able to max the campaign going by the tutorial (which has nice cinematic set up btw) where at Low I just managed to stay at ~59fps at the most demanding bit and at Ultra it was dipping to ~48 and mostly stayed at ~55. The actual training botmatch I tried stayed at ~60 with unnoticable in the chaos dips at Ultra. I can probably enjoy the campaign when it arrives if it's not like the worst part of the tutorial. Hopefully I can stay at ~50-60 with the higher settings (there are things to reduce that are not going to be so prominent like accuracy of shadowing, volumetrics, clouds, reflections, amount of shadows per light etc. and I could max textures and other stuff with no issue) rather than have it dip at < 50 more often than not due to the amount of stuff happening, as in that case I'll just lock it to 30 and max everything. These shots are all Ultra (I think, some settings needed a restart to apply so may be High) and the last pair on Low. I need to clean my PC cos the CPU did temp throttle a bit.
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m just still stunned this is only a 17gb download.

Also, you can tel who the Fortnite crew are in this thread :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Since running it in window compatibility mode can cause crashes? You are also supposed to run Gsync with Vsync on (sounds crazy but read up on it) and you need fullscreen for vsync to work (even if using NVidia Control Panel).

"When running in windowed mode (including Borderless), Windows applies its own triple-buffered VSync onto the game. (as it does to all windows in general)"

Glossary:Borderless fullscreen windowed - PCGamingWiki PCGW - bugs, fixes, crashes, mods, guides and improvements for every PC game

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Dear 343,

Add slayer only playlists to Infinite, objective based modes are fucking garbage when not playing in a full squad.

Yours,
Me

In all seriousness though, strongholds is utterly depressing on those small maps and capture the flag in BTB is just chaos. Give us slayer so I can just shoot shit.
There’s not a pure Slayer playlist?

FFS. When I’m playing PUGS I only play Slayer.

Played a few offline bot matches. Plays great, looks great on ultra settings with 200% resolution scale. 343i have finally got it right!

anthony2690

Gold Member
Game is just incredible, finished my ranked qualifiers and hit platinum 2, what I'm pretty happy with.

I also had to carry some fool to victory in slayer who went 1-11 :l

I went 21-9 that game and got a 12 kill streak what was mega satisfying :D

Managed to sneak a few games in before work (bloody Straya). Loving it so far. Hopefully we get SWAT added into the mix sooner rather than later. That was my main jam in Halo Reach.

Purchased the Battle Pass. It looked like you could only purchase with points. The standard pass was about 1,000 credits whilst the upgraded one was something like 2,150 (somewhere around there) and you had the option of purchasing 2,000 credits and then another 500 so you'd have a remaining amount of 400 or something like that. Or am I an idiot and completely missed you could just buy them outright?

WoodyStare

Already played ten intense matches and having a blast. It has some room for improvement, but overall I feel they really nailed the gameplay. Shocked the servers are this fast and stable so far. Love that I can switch between this, Forza Horizon 5 and Max Payne with Quick Resume.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
11.30pm, going to go to bed with a big smile on my face. Absolutely loved that. Got ranked Platinum 1, not bad considering I’m learning the maps as I go. Can’t wait to play more tomorrow.

343, in a later season you better bring back the GOAT weapon…

maxresdefault.jpg

There’s not a pure Slayer playlist?

FFS. When I’m playing PUGS I only play Slayer.
No slayer playlists unfortunately. There’s every chance you could end up with slayer but 2/3 games were objective based for me. It’s not much fun without a full team that chat so just give me slayer so I can not worry and at least try to carry my team at points.

Top Bottom