• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite Multiplayer is out NOW

Vasto

As someone who is deeply excited for the campaign, I'm not finding a lot to love in the multiplayer. It takes a certain type of multiplayer game to grab me, and I'm not sure basic death match or capture the flag type modes really do it for me.

I mean it feels great and I don't have any nitpicks, I'm just speaking on a persona level.

I am more of a co op multiplayer now.

I’m excited for you all. I’m not a multiplayer person at all so won’t play it, but can’t wait for the campaign.

My TV has been removed from the wall too - awaiting Best Buy to deliver and install my 77” C1 after two delays (one me, one them), should be here any minute!

Midn1ght

Downloading right now, first Halo ever for me, never played any of these games.

And here's a little custom Steam grid if anyone's interested:

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
With Borderless Fullscreen mode the taskbar is in the way and I don't want to play in Window'd mode. With all the graphical options they included they forgot to add the option to disable motion blur, chromatic aberration, and add a Fullscreen option.

I'm not playing this trash.
jesus, wont be playing this game then. Need fullscreen for Gsync to work properly.

I just played 4 rounds on Series X. Unfortunately, like the other Halo games I've tried in MCC, it just isn't clicking with me. I just don't vibe with the movement, pace of gameplay etc. Ah well, glad others are enjoying it, it looked visually pretty nice and ran very, very smoothly at 120fps.

Last edited:

Sacred

2c5490c871ad6cf64862bed3e177a00e.jpg
OMG so beautiful!

There are tons of technical issues right now, from audio issues, pc crashes and serves going down. On consoles, you might get an error where you can't enter any games at all.

All of this is normal launch day stuff, hopefully, it will be fixed in the next few hours rather than days.
Still a beta technically

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Is there a way to select the modes you play? Because I don't want to play anything but Slayer with these stupid fucking idiots. I'd rather play objective based modes with people I actually know

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
I haven't played a multiplayer fps on console since 360. I mainly play on PC and my god I can't hit anything with a controller. This is gonna be a steep learning curve for me

nikos

Is it every Halo player's smooth brained instinct to go for a fucking melee in almost every situation? When they're not able to, they turn around and run which usually works because of the game's long TTK. You can hit somebody with a grenade, spray them with an assault rifle, and they still have time to melee you from 15 feet away.

Game also has weapon bloom. No thanks, not when I'm competing against kids who have aim assist.
You also seemingly can't type to the opposing team. Two things I can't stand about Battlefield 2042.

Quickly remembered why I was playing Unreal Tournament while my friends were circle jerking around Halo. Already uninstalled it.

Gravemind

Is it every Halo player's smooth brained instinct to go for a fucking melee in almost every situation? When they're not able to, they turn around and run which usually works because of the game's long TTK. You can hit somebody with a grenade, spray them with an assault rifle, and they still have time to melee you from 15 feet away.

Game also has weapon bloom. No thanks, not when I'm competing against kids who have aim assist.
You also seemingly can't type to the opposing team. Two things I can't stand about Battlefield 2042.

Quickly remembered why I was playing Unreal Tournament while my friends were circle jerking around Halo. Already uninstalled it.

Sounds like you're just shit at the game.

Kssio_Aug

Just played for the first time. Since I wasn't at home I played on PC on low settings, but still had lots of fun with it! Great gameplay, I missed Halo MP! :messenger_smiling_hearts:
Man... it will be hard to find time for both Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite!

Andodalf

Banned

Tell me you can’t hit your BR shots without telling me you can’t hit your BR shots

SpokkX

I cannot get the game function.. it boots but says all content is not installed when trying to start a custom game and matchmaking is greyed out

even redownloaded it from the store… in Sweden btw

Anyone?

elliot5

I cannot get the game function.. it boots but says all content is not installed when trying to start a custom game and matchmaking is greyed out

even redownloaded it from the store… in Sweden btw

Anyone?
i think it has something to do with language packs. change your system language to english

cormack12

Gold Member
This is good. Had a few games of arena but there are some braindead people playing this (or new) who don't understand you can't lone wolf it.

BTB is where the fun is at though for me. Strongholds is fun as well in arena.

Top Bottom