• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Infinite |OT| Campaign. Evolved.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This really is one of the best games I have ever played. MP is top tier, and the campaign is like a mash up of best of Halo and best of Farcry. I have two questions

1 - How do people pace playing MP and campaign? On one hand, I can just be immersed in the campaign all day. On the other, once I jump to MP there is no quitting.

2 - What should I upgrade after Shield Core is maxed out? Playing Legendary, have 6 cores spare atm

Raphael

This really is one of the best games I have ever played. MP is top tier, and the campaign is like a mash up of best of Halo and best of Farcry. I have two questions

1 - How do people pace playing MP and campaign? On one hand, I can just be immersed in the campaign all day. On the other, once I jump to MP there is no quitting.

2 - What should I upgrade after Shield Core is maxed out? Playing Legendary, have 6 cores spare atm
If xp reward > 50xp play mp, else campaign

Markio128

Gold Member
Okay, so I tried to get into the campaign, but I really don’t like it. Some of the dialogue is super cringe and the main baddies are almost comedic, with their commanding, threatening growls lol. The gunplay is fine, but then it was fine when Bungie did it eons ago. Without a good story, or engaging characters, I‘m struggling to feel the love to be honest.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Asked before but didn't see a reply - where does it save so you dont have to start each mission from the beginning?

Shtef

Gold Member
Is there any info when we will get update to fix achievements not appearing? I upgraded grappling hook to max 3 days ago and its still not sowing up.

DragonNCM

It's actually pretty awesome how you can choose to enter a firefight.......from the front? Attack from the side? Climb up high and snipe? Run right in and create chaos? Grab a vehicle? Toss 4 grenades and run?
On Legendary you have only one option to choose. Always start with sniping & always first kill their snipers then grunts. After that you can start firefight with elites & brutes. Don't waste sniper ammo on elites & heavy armored brutes because you can't kill them with single shot.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Man this game is so fucking boring.
i force myself to keep playing and finishing the campaign..

But the face animation
The story is 😂 that bad guy (WAAAH I AM MAD)
The plot is just 😐damn the so called missions.
Walk to point to get item to open gate.

3 dots on map activate to walk to other point.
How in the fuck is this game rated highly?

this shit is amateur hour.

I have no fucking clue how this shit would ever get a higher rating then a 6

To end positive.. the sound design when playing in dolby atmos is insane.

i loved halo reach 1 2 3 hell even 4

this game and 5? 🖕

-edit- i just beat the game.
horrible

Last edited:

Markio128

Gold Member

But the face animation

this game and 5? 🖕

horrible
I have to applaud you for finishing the game to be honest - I doubt I’ll boot it up again. The game does have a whiff of amateur about it, in the cutscenes, narrative, set pieces - all terrible compared to other top devs. When I had to blow the ship up in the beginning and the pulse raising music (which is as fantastic as always) started, only to see the occasional wobbly screen and the bouncing around of metal boxes. Dreadful stuff. In fact, the whole getting back to the ship part was awful. Then I’m off to another indoor area, for god knows what reason - a weapon or something. That’s as far as I got - to a lift I think, that maybe exploded (?) and dropped. I just kept thinking, this is pretty bad.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I have to applaud you for finishing the game to be honest - I doubt I’ll boot it up again. The game does have a whiff of amateur about it, in the cutscenes, narrative, set pieces - all terrible compared to other top devs. When I had to blow the ship up in the beginning and the pulse raising music (which is as fantastic as always) started, only to see the occasional wobbly screen and the bouncing around of metal boxes. Dreadful stuff. In fact, the whole getting back to the ship part was awful. Then I’m off to another indoor area, for god knows what reason - a weapon or something. That’s as far as I got - to a lift I think, that maybe exploded (?) and dropped. I just kept thinking, this is pretty bad.
yeah it never really changes.. it is just busy work.. and i flat out started to skip the cutscenes with that angry dude.. it was so bad.. almost like watching some comical saturday morning cartoon bad guy..

Emedan

I'm a man with low tolerance for doing repetitive boring busywork (why I've never enjoyed MMOs) but I gotta say, I enjoyed this game quite a bit and it certainly is the best one since Halo 3 in my opinion - I did all FOBs, Targets and Marines (haven't actually finished the game yet I think I'm on the last mission). Didn't do all Spartan cores and Logs though maxed out 3/5 upgrades and a few extra ones. The "30 second combat loop" is strong in this one.

I sold my GC and bought an Xbox back in 2002 (when it released in Europe) for Halo CE alone, later got Halo 2 and I thoroughly enjoyed them. Never played Halo 3 since I didn't own a 360 and had gone PC exclusive by then with that said I got my fair share of history with the franchise and have played Halo 3 since it came out with MCC on PC on GamePass.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned

But the face animation

this game and 5? 🖕

horrible
it seem that you are in a very very very very minority *shrugs*

Starfield

Oh I love me some off-screen pictures of a video game to show-off its graphics :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here's some actual in-game ones:

TdawlZM.jpg

PREN5o7.jpg

JZIvjjv.jpg

(Yes I play without HUD - just using that yellow dot. Its the way Halo is meant to be played)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Which of the side missions are worth doing?
All of them? It's basically all the same thing, just different encounters.

Some marines you save are simple fights. Some are giant battles with 40 enemies and interesting terrain that are a ton of fun. Some FOBs are kind of easy to take, and some are more fun battles.

It's basically just all battles. Might as well do it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
All of them? It's basically all the same thing, just different encounters.

Some marines you save are simple fights. Some are giant battles with 40 enemies and interesting terrain that are a ton of fun. Some FOBs are kind of easy to take, and some are more fun battles.

It's basically just all battles. Might as well do it.

They are really quite diverse indeed. Some Spartan Cores are just simple boxes laying around, while others require you to find an entire underground complex and complete it. I just came across a Spartan Core which had an absolutely insanely armoured enemy guarding it - took six grenades and probably four or five swings with the sword to down him.

So in that sense, they are not boring, there is decent diversity.

Vagswarm

These grunts are too much. 😂 I haven't heard a bunch of these lines yet:

"You cheated! You're nothing but a cheater!"

"What, you don't want to scratch your pretty armor?"

sendit

yeah it never really changes.. it is just busy work.. and i flat out started to skip the cutscenes with that angry dude.. it was so bad.. almost like watching some comical saturday morning cartoon bad guy..
Agreed. Is it just me or do the lip movements in cutscene seem to have been captured at 10 FPS? It is down right awful.

That's not true. Even on Legendary you have this strategy

I armed 3 marines with the special explosive spike launchers and 2 snipers and wreaked havoc on a mini-boss from 100 yards away while chilling in the razerback on a cliff-edge. It’s was a site to behold watching those marines get theirs.

But the face animation

this game and 5? 🖕

horrible

Star Trek Applause GIF

Some of the worst trolling I've ever seen on this website. Bravo.

Shubh_C63

Yeah campaign was awesome, Normal was perfectly challenging.
I guess half the work was done when they nailed the gunplay. and if this was only 1/3rd of what they planned then wow, can't wait to have more of this. The side missions were perfectly placed just around the story objectives, nothing too crazy but neatly packed.

felt like campaign really wanted you to play with pistol Mangler, just mows people down left and right. Doubt any Halo fans haven't played Destiny but their handcannon play is addicting AS FUCK.

Map could have been more alive though, felt everything was waiting for your stimulus. And I thought I would get over the Halo-Ring stones(?) sticking out of the map but I didn't. Ruined the vistas having them on the horizon all the time, gave the illusion of a smaller world. I assume they went with this artistic decision deliberately with development cost in mind. Story was alright too, can't complain.

Yeah campaign was awesome, Normal was perfectly challenging.
I guess half the work was done when they nailed the gunplay. and if this was only 1/3rd of what they planned then wow, can't wait to have more of this. The side missions were perfectly placed just around the story objectives, nothing too crazy but neatly packed.

felt like campaign really wanted you to play with pistol Mangler, just mows people down left and right. Doubt any Halo fans haven't played Destiny but their handcannon play is addicting AS FUCK.

Map could have been more alive though, felt everything was waiting for your stimulus. And I thought I would get over the Halo-Ring stones(?) sticking out of the map but I didn't. Ruined the vistas having them on the horizon all the time, gave the illusion of a smaller world. I assume they went with this artistic decision deliberately with development cost in mind. Story was alright too, can't complain.

The hex walls are a key part of the story, and thus visual theme basically. It both served the purpose of making the areas smaller, which was clever design on their part, but it also served the purpose of showing the player what it's like to be on a sort of different kind of Halo that's actively repairing its broken pieces as you're on it. Still have a ways to go. About 25 hours in I think, quite a ways more to go yet. :)

Roberts

I think I'm at the very end of the campaign. Without a doubt, the best Halo game. Addictive in a way games rarely are - four evenings in a row I totally lost the track of time while playing it.

Starfield

I just have to say after finishing it this is a good game, maybe even a good Halo game...but it doesn't capture what Bungie's trilogy made so great. They throw in random iconic lines of dialogue as well as the iconic Halo music....however, it doesn't catch me as it did back in the original trilogy. It feels like The Force Awakens, some nostalgia thrown in without UNDERSTANDING what made those voicelines and music so great back then. It falls abit stale in comparison.

The only way imo where it really felt GREAT, like those moments we remember so fondly from back then, was right at...the end. The last 20 seconds or so...and then it cuts to black lol

sigrad

everyone who does not agree with ME=TROLL

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF
It's probaly the way you said everything. You just sound whiny.

like this sounds whiny AF,

"But the face animation

this shit is amateur hour."

Top Bottom