• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Infinite - Review Thread

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Stop projecting. I literally did not initiate one conversation in this thread, yet I'm the one who's forcing his opinion, lol. All the conversations I had in this thread were people who got hurt by what I said and kept replying to me, trying to force their opinion on me.

If you can't handle another opinion then don't initiate a conversation and stop being such a sensitive prick.
Maybe don't fucking act like your opinion is an objective fact? How about that? Then you would be welcomed with open arms.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I was thinking the samething when Forza came out, I first heard it used regularly in Returnal. For some reason it didn't seem strange in that game biomes in Forza don't sound right, same with Halo. Didn't it used to be levels or areas?
I've only ever heard it being used, for the big areas in the real world, it always felt weird for small areas in the games.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Considering the fact that I just got myself 3 years worth of Gamepass, I'm hoping for this game to be good.
However I'll be waiting for the raytracing patch to release.

GymWolf

People arguing about halo story when majority of people stopped caring after h2/3 because no one want to read shitty halo books to understand everything.

The villain being lame was clear since his reveal tbh, 343 can't write for shit except some random stoic oneliners for the most famous green can in the universe.

Only one biome and the campaing being kinda short is much more of a bummer tbh.

FR1908

After all these scores and reading some reviews from critics who have been around for years, those 2 days feel unbearable. Which is strange if I wait 6 years for the return of the fps king. Titanfall 2 with its glorious campaign filled some of that void, but when it comes to epic combat, nothing comes close to Halo.

Topher

Gold Member
Says someone who thinks a story cannot be objectively bad, lol. You live in delusional world.

Objectively means factually.
  • objective - When a person is being objective, that individual is considering a situation or basing decisions solely on verifiable facts.
  • subjective - When a person is being subjective, the individual is influenced by their own thoughts, opinions or biases related to a situation.

If you were to say "9 out of 10 reviewers on metacritic describe the story as 'bad'" then that could be verified as factual and thus, objectively true. What you are saying here is purely subjective as you are attempting to summarize all reviews (you used the word universally) as saying the story is bad. That is not objective at all. That is your personal subjective observation.

Last edited:

fatmarco

One biome is utterly brutal for a Halo campaign.

I was hoping that the multiplayer maps might have hinted at other content later in the game but that looks like it's unfortunately going to be locked behind dlc.

I mean surely a snowy area within this sort of biome wouldn't have been hard right?

No oceans or sandy shores even?

Edder1

that's not as much of a gotcha moment as you think it is.
It's a rubbish postmodernist thinking that falsely makes people believe that everything can be subjectively good or bad depending on point of view. This is a rubbish arty farty idea where any sort of garbage can be acceptable and even excellent depending on point of view of an individual. Sure, it may have its place when dealing with abstract ideas or ideas that can be left to interpretation, but it has no place when it comes to straight forward storytelling found in games like Halo.

By this false thinking one can also claim that gameplay, design or anything else can also be subjectively good or bad, a laughable proposition for anyone with common sense.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
f you were to say "9 out of 10 reviewers on metacritic describe the story as 'bad'"
And even then we shouldn't disqualify the one reviewer that liked the story. After all we are talking about art, not a mathematical equation and the reason why this reviewer liked the story could be just as valid as the ones who disliked it.

arvfab

Banned
And also a predictable loser. I knew you would type this kind of shit. I bet you don’t talk like this when you meet someone face to face you little keyboard warrior. PM me if you want to drag it further. We talk Halo here.

Well I asked a serious question about Halo, I was laughed out and called names.
Sorry for dragging your parents into this.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
It's a rubbish postmodernist thinking that falsely makes people believe that everything can be subjectively good or bad depending on point of view. This is a rubbish arty farty idea where any sort of garbage can be acceptable and even excellent depending on point of view of an individual. Sure, it may have its place when dealing with abstract ideas or ideas that can be left to interpretation, but it has no place when it comes to straight forward storytelling found in games like Halo.

By this false thinking one can also claim that gameplay, design or anything else can also be subjectively good or bad, a laughable proposition for anyone with common sense.
you act like the church when artists started to draw non biblical figures.

Iced Arcade

God damn xbox zmas 21 is good to us. Wish they would unlock it early

video games xbox GIF

Last edited:

Thaedolus

I wasn't expecting 120fps Campaign to be honest, thought it would be multiplayer only at best.
Pretty incredible to hit that sort of framerate on an open world with so many variables, didn't think that would be possible.
If it’s running on an XBone, it shouldn’t be terribly CPU intensive/difficult for XSX or a semi decent PC to hit 120hz with resolution scaling or dialing down some other visuals.

Topher

Gold Member

Animated GIF

Fucking hate the word biom.
When did that become zeitgeist?

Still just 1 is quite bad. Thought that was the first part of the campaign. But for the full campaign?

So for the guys here who have already played this on Heroic, how balanced does that mode feel compared to past Heroic runs in the series?

Last edited:

Stuart360

Dont really care about the story too much to be honest as i still havent played Halo 4 and 5, so i just wanted some good open world shooter gameplay, and looking at the reviews and Tweets about the campaign, it seems to deliver that in droves. :messenger_sunglasses:

Campaign DLC incoming?
Halo Infinite Frozen Wilds?

Been hearing that Weather system is being worked on and will be added later so it might actually be a thing. Plus looking at the MP how they are selling all the customization I wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:

Helghan

1 biome is disappointing but I expect that this will change in the next 2-3 years. Wasn't Halo going to be a 10 year game anyway? So I imaging that they'll have a new DLC on a yearly basis that will extent the story and bring Chief to new areas.

For the story I'll wait until I've played it myself. IGN said twice that Halo 5 story was shit, while I actually really liked the story.

Haggard

Banned
mmmh the more reviews I see the less I get the very good metascore.

"world and missions repetitive and uninteresting, environments recycled over and over to the point that you`ve seen it all the moment the gates open for the first time, story and characters dumb/forgettable without any highlights ......but stellar halo-brand gameplay." -8-9/10
Sounds like a lot of the reviewers have a very different priority compass than me.

Oh well, I got GP for another 3 months so I guess I´m gonna try it at least. Can`t really go wrong with an entry fee of mere cents.

Riky

$MSFT
If it’s running on an XBone, it shouldn’t be terribly CPU intensive/difficult for XSX or a semi decent PC to hit 120hz with resolution scaling or dialing down some other visuals.

So is Far Cry 6 and all the other open world games, how many others hit 120fps on console?

Stuart360

I have to say i'm surprised a bit by the curent 87 score.I predicted 88-89 in the prediction thread, but i was assuming the awesome MP would of been included in the review. It seems the majority of these reviews are campaign only though, so yeah a very good score is 87 for me.
God stuff 343!.

Last edited:

Nyxir

I hate console warring but goddamn how much I love console warring gifs 😂
Anyway. Finally some good fucking Halo. The core of the multiplayer was perfect so this is just icing on the cake.
Still wishing it had co op so I can play it with my son like we did with all the other entries.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Making false comparisons, a typical step in a debate by someone who has no solid argument left.
You already disqualified yourself from this when you declared your opinion as an objective fact. No "solid argument" needed. If you would just say your opinion about the transcript, literally no one would even say something bad about you, but that's not what you did.

Shtef

Can't wait to play it, it's gonna be awesome.
From the reviews I have seen its getting very positive reactions, only negative I saw is that there is no diversity in level design. I wish there was snowy level. Hopefully we will get it in the future expansions.

Edit: I just finished halo reach on heroic (I always played on normal) and I had great time, I am thinking starting infinite on heroic also.

Last edited:

Edder1

You already disqualified yourself from this when you declared your opinion as an objective fact. No "solid argument" needed. If you would just say your opinion about the transcript, literally no one would even say something bad about you, but that's not what you did.
I said story is objectively bad or mediocre, but since you live in a pretentious wolrd where no objectivity exists I could see why you have a problem with that.

MOTM

Banned

Yo don’t you have a job or something to go to? I dunno a life to live besides shit posting in here?

Your opinion is rubbish, now gtfo here and go spend some time and energy on something you enjoy more.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Looks like they played the game and you didn’t, could be the reason why.

Relax it would probably be a 10 with more environments. Happy?
I get it you're excited....
But this is a point of concern for me and also for the IGN review. They let it go but I wouldn't have. They literallly said there is no variety in the landscapes. That's a problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom