• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

The Real Napsta said:
So I have 602 NR kills in Team Classic but only 53 deaths from it. WTF TC players? WTF?

Yeah people use the DMR for some reason. I'm not complaining though, I'll continue to dome people.

Trasher

Plywood said:
But you can!

Your grenade k/d:

TgkoC.png
I don't believe that number. There's no way I have more assists than deaths to grenades on average per game. No way I say!

Tashi0106 said:
So I'm sitting here playing Reach right now and I just lost an MLG CTF Countdown game 5-0 and I'm so fuckin close to raging. But now, I'm trying to figure out what I wanna rage so bad. It's not the bloom, it's not my retarded fucking teammates without mics that I matched with, it's not the map or gametypes itself. It's the grenades man. They're thrown randomly into buildings corners. You hear the noise in the air they make around you, the clank against the wall. You run away perfectly according to what you hear. And then, you hear that horrifying sound they make when they hit your armor and you explode in tears and sadness.
Whenever I spend weeks away from Reach and come back to it, it's always the grenades that fuck me up. I really, really miss the skippier, lighter, but less powerful grenades of 2/3. They were more fun to use and have used against you.

And the chain reaction stuff is dumb, too.

That's a shame about Brian Jarrard. I'll know never to trust urk again when he tells me someone's at "Disneyland".

LordAlu

Finally got around to playing Action Sack today and was thoroughly disappointed. I'd hoped the hockey or HaloBall games would be good but unfortunately are marred by the fact you can still kill players, which means all the games I played devolved into people just running around trying to kill each other rather than do the actual objective. Back to Team Objective for me then. *sigh*

One question though, the achievement for killing someone at long range with the DMR. Does anyone know what the range is? I'm pretty sure I've killed someone the other side of Highlands and it still hasn't unlocked. :(

Crucio

LordAlu said:
One question though, the achievement for killing someone at long range with the DMR. Does anyone know what the range is? I'm pretty sure I've killed someone the other side of Highlands and it still hasn't unlocked. :(

I got mine from the half way point in Hemorrhage, near the blueberry gun spawn to the red team cliff side, sharks mouth.
I had my buddy try it from the same approx distance and it works.
In Highlands I would estimate from the top of blue base to the back wall of red base.

My favorite thread titles from suggested:
Dani said:
Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread Has a Successful Utilization Record of 1.2 Trillion Simulated and 0 Actual
blamite said:
"This thread is not your grave... But you are welcome in it"

Yeah for Brian having moved on is quite something, he's been a big part of Bungie's community. Good luck sir!

Louis Wu

LordAlu said:
You'll know you're far enough if the reticle doesn't turn red.

(All the way across Highlands would certainly be far enough; my guess is something else was involved there. It's a Slayer-only achievement; you can't get it, for example, in a CTF game. Could this have been your problem?)

MrBig

Dani said:
If this is the April fools "joke", it's rather tame. I doubt it, probably just a new visual campaign for the jobs opening they have been running now for their next title, which was confirmed multiplatform donkeys ago.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/1aaa.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Yes they put up job listings for PS3 developers about the time Reach came out.

LordAlu

Louis Wu said:
You'll know you're far enough if the reticle doesn't turn red.

(All the way across Highlands would certainly be far enough; my guess is something else was involved there. It's a Slayer-only achievement; you can't get it, for example, in a CTF game. Could this have been your problem?)
That's probably why, I don't usually play rubbish gametypes. Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and play some Slayer for a while.

MrBig

LordAlu said:
That's probably why, I don't usually play rubbish gametypes. Guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and play some Slayer for a while.
It's something like 120 units, which you can use the sniper rifle to gauge. I got mine from top of spire to the BFG Falcon.

LordAlu

MrBig said:
It's something like 120 units, which you can use the sniper rifle to gauge. I got mine from top of spire to the BFG Falcon.
It's getting a big map that's half the problem. All these losers wanna play is Uncaged or Sword Base. Or Arena Zealot. Or Reflection. Ugh.

Dani said:
The challenges today are dreadful. 19 Kills in one match is bad enough but 8 Assists? With's Reach's assist system? =/
Yeah, I think since I missed out on Halo on Monday, today's challenges just screwed me out of the weekly. I'll try multi-team, but I can only take so much Rocket Hog Racing.

MrBig

Dani said:
The challenges today are dreadful. 19 Kills in one match is bad enough but 8 Assists? With's Reach's assist system? =/
Grifball Grifball Grifball Grifball Grifball Grifball Grifball Grifball

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Crap, I missed the "a" in the assists Challenge. That's brutal. I'm 16/16 so far this week though so I can afford to miss it.

Going to try and get the 19 kills in Grifball. About every other game the other team pulls the ball back and everyone just goes for kills, usually on days with Challenges like this. It's a good place to get Revenge as well.

Louis Wu

Dani said:
Got all four in two MultiTeam games. (Would have gotten all four in the first, but only had 7 assists. :) )

Willeth

Louis Wu said:
Got all four in two MultiTeam games. (Would have gotten all four in the first, but only had 7 assists. :) )
Yeah, I had one game of KOTH, got all my assists, and was one damn kill away when the game ended. Got it in Invasion to give me a bit more time, though.

I've missed three so far due to being away for most of Weds. I'm hoping there isn't more than one impossible one for the rest of the week.

LordAlu

Ugh, killed two guys on Pinnacle with the DMR, both times from the opposite end of the map, with the reticule not coming up red, on Slayer. No achievement. F*ck that. Back to playing a gametype I enjoy.

Striker

LordAlu said:
Ugh, killed two guys on Pinnacle with the DMR, both times from the opposite end of the map, with the reticule not coming up red, on Slayer. No achievement. F*ck that. Back to playing a gametype I enjoy.
I'd probably recommend BTB, though I warn you, it's filled with hilarious gametypes like Headhunter on Countdown, or Territories on Spire where you, for some reason, spawn down by the water from Phase 1 in Invasion. And, for your sake, it's filled with a ton full of Slayer gametypes.

I got that specific Achievement at Spire. I was standing on the ground at the bottom of the Spire almost to the side, and the enemy was on top of the rocks facing the Spire.

Willeth

Striker said:
I'd probably recommend BTB, though I warn you, it's filled with hilarious gametypes like Headhunter on Countdown, or Territories on Spire where you, for some reason, spawn down by the water from Phase 1 in Invasion. And, for your sake, it's filled with a ton full of Slayer gametypes.

I got that specific Achievement at Spire. I was standing on the ground at the bottom of the Spire almost to the side, and the enemy was on top of the rocks facing the Spire.
I got it from porter exit to exit on Haemhorrage.

In fact, I got it twice because they didn't stick when we got Noble early. I think the second one was end-to-end on Boardwalk.

Tawpgun

So far I like the "People still play Halo" and the "1.2 trillion simulated and 0 actual
" (good metaphor for the thread, XD)

I love the people who legitimately say that Halo is a floaty fairy unrealistic kiddy game, with outdated gameplay like reticle aiming, no sprint, starting off evenly with weapon pickups and so on. Very fun.

Mikasangelos said:
Halo: Reach |OT4| Classic saves the day
Halo: Reach |OT4| Now with 50% more Armor Lock.
There are those who said this day would never come...
This is not your grave, but you are welcome in it.

Or whatever. :p

Hey You

Kibbles said:
Sweet now they can remake the Bungie Tour 2006(?) video and call it the 343i tour 8)
I'm still waiting on the Bungie tour of their new offices.

LordAlu said:
Finally got around to playing Action Sack today and was thoroughly disappointed. I'd hoped the hockey or HaloBall games would be good but unfortunately are marred by the fact you can still kill players, which means all the games I played devolved into people just running around trying to kill each other rather than do the actual objective. Back to Team Objective for me then. *sigh*

Regular Halo Ball is pretty fun, Ball xtreme needs to be removed IMO. It turns into Slayer and the other team sitting in your goal zone knocking the balls out.

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah people use the DMR for some reason. I'm not complaining though, I'll continue to dome people.
Yeah, Needle Rifle is awesome to use in Classic.

Miggytronz

LosDaddie said:
Halo: Reach |OT4| People Still Play Halo?

Oh and fuck that assist challenge today. 8 in one game? Really? ugh... :(

i keep missing out on inviting you. What time do you normally get on?

Anyone else submitted something for the All Star contest? I had a few wallpapers lined up, but couldn't decide which one to submit. Ultimately submitted one I made a bit earlier, so you may recognize it. :)

Kawl_USC

Tashi0106 said:
Just got Killzone 3. Man soooooo awesome. I really don't know how much Halo I'll play anymore.

I give your infatuation 2, 3 days tops. After which you will again enjoy the sensation of pounding nails into your----I mean Halo: Reach.

Tashi0106 said:
Just got Killzone 3. Man soooooo awesome. I really don't know how much Halo I'll play anymore.

My friend has this game and I watched him play it for a little while.

From what I could tell their gametypes are better than Reach's. (Saw him play the mode where if you did good youd be in the cinematic)

I also remember there was a playlist that was always switching between gametypes i think.

Motorstorm and now Killzone 3 make me want a ps3 a little.

GhaleonEB said:
I got 3/4 of today's Challenges in one game of Crazy King in Multi Team on Tempest. I topped out at 5 assists, though. Tried again, got Slayer on Countdown and every time I would strip shields, they'd armor lock. Got three assists.

Might have to take that one as one of my four misses for the week.

Welcome to Pimpsville

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31120

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/Inline11/pimpsville/inlines/page1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I love how the large versions of the photos are labeled "embiggened."

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
I got 3/4 of today's Challenges in one game of Crazy King in Multi Team on Tempest. I topped out at 5 assists, though. Tried again, got Slayer on Countdown and every time I would strip shields, they'd armor lock. Got three assists.

Might have to take that one as one of my four misses for the week.

Welcome to Pimpsville

Got 7 assists in a game. =/

Nice prank this year but it falls short of BUNGLE Pro by a mile.

Dani said:
Got 7 assists in a game. =/

Nice prank this year but it falls short of BUNGLE Pro by a mile.
That's it for now, but don't worry. Our cannons are primed with powder and this is merely the opening salvo in what promises to be a hearty multimedia assault. Stay Tuned!

Looks like we'll be getting more later. Looking forward to the Pimps at Sea facebook game.

Top Bottom