• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Techies

I have to confess before today I had some sympathy towards the Palestinian people and never was a huge fan of the IDF. But after seeing the shit those barbaric fuckers Hama's did today any empathy or sympathy has gone. No matter what you suffer it does not excuse the shit those evil fuckers did today and I hope they are made to pay 10 fold for what they have done.
After what they have done, Palenstine is just going to have to exist without Hamas.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hamas apologists are pathetic. Resistance is one thing, but literally putting the entire population of Gaza at risk by committing the kind of incursion and acts of barbarism that would make ISIS members hard is something else.

At this point I think if the UN aren’t willing or able to deploy a large peace keeping force into Gaza, we’re looking at a full scale mobilization in Israel and a long siege that will see thousands die. Hamas needs to be completely gutted. The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is real, but no country on Earth would respond to their lands being invaded and their population being executed and tortured in their own homes any differently.

As much as I abhor wanton violence, I’m not going to judge Israel for what is to come now. If the population in Gaza supports Hamas’s actions, well.. you reap what you sow.
It's an eternal battle. I remember in the 1980s watching news clips and it was riot city of bullets in Beirut. The whole mid east area (amazing how all the oil rich countries like Qatar and Saudi Arabia etc.... never seem to get involved) is always a ticking bomb (no pun intended) where people and governments are always itching to fight. I remember even talking about this with my older brother. We didn't know anything about the fights, but all you can see is footage of people shooting machine guns and war tor buildings and my brother said something like.... "whomever wins is just getting buildings with bullet holes".

OuterLimits

While I think this has been in the works for awhile, the recent talks of potentially normalizing diplomatic relations somewhat between Israel and Saudi Arabia could have potentially accelerated the attack timeline.

Neither Iran nor their proxy Hamas liked the Abraham Accord agreement several years ago already. They definitely don't want Saudi Arabia joining that group of Arab countries.

Bojji

Gold Member
I have to confess before today I had some sympathy towards the Palestinian people and never was a huge fan of the IDF. But after seeing the shit those barbaric fuckers Hama's did today any empathy or sympathy has gone. No matter what you suffer it does not excuse the shit those evil fuckers did today and I hope they are made to pay 10 fold for what they have done.

Behind this wall is total massacre, probably including children, one guy was alive so they shoot him again:

uInZx9R.jpg

As we have seen in Ukraine war before, now everyone has camera and can upload videos to many sites. I remember many wars before but we have never seen such uncensored brutality, I think it's good, they can't really bullshit people about what happened when their own soldiers/terrorists/cunts are filming what they have done.

Hamas apologists are pathetic. Resistance is one thing, but literally putting the entire population of Gaza at risk by committing the kind of incursion and acts of barbarism that would make ISIS members hard is something else.

At this point I think if the UN aren’t willing or able to deploy a large peace keeping force into Gaza, we’re looking at a full scale mobilization in Israel and a long siege that will see thousands die. Hamas needs to be completely gutted. The humanitarian crisis in Gaza is real, but no country on Earth would respond to their lands being invaded and their population being executed and tortured in their own homes any differently.

As much as I abhor wanton violence, I’m not going to judge Israel for what is to come now. If the population in Gaza supports Hamas’s actions, well.. you reap what you sow.
I mean, I just don't get any broader strategic vision from Hamas with any of this. Like, sure, let's commit ISIS level acts of barbarism and film all of it and broadcast it to the world? Not going to win over many people to your cause when you're filming your guys storming into houses and executing old women and children and abducting even more as they're screaming in terror. Real good look. What's the point? If you're Hamas, you can't even claim any strategic military targets as a win in any of this and all that's going to happen is probably tons of your civilians/infrastructure are going to get hammered in the coming days. But I guess they take it as a moral victory by filming some snuff videos they can look back on fondly?

Hamas is basically turning all of Gaza and any civilians stuck there into their own human shields at this point. Pointless attack that reaffirms Hamas is just another death cult like ISIS that has no business being involved in civilization.

As we have seen in Ukraine war before, now everyone has camera and can upload videos to many sites. I remember many wars before but we have never seen such uncensored brutality, I think it's good, they can't really bullshit people about what happened when their own soldiers/terrorists/cunts are filming what they have done.
That's what I can't even wrap my head around with any of this- it would be one thing if Hamas did this attack but didn't promote or film it and then wait for the huge Israeli response and then proceed to try and film all of their own dead civilians and cry to the UN and everyone about how they're the real victims in all of this and its big bad Israel stomping on us again. But nope. They're just going full ISIS and broadcasting to the world how barbaric they are. Again, not going to get much sympathy from me when your territory is being glassed in the coming days.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean, I just don't get any broader strategic vision from Hamas with any of this. Like, sure, let's commit ISIS level acts of barbarism and film all of it and broadcast it to the world? Not going to win over many people to your cause when you're filming your guys storming into houses and executing old women and children and abducting even more as they're screaming in terror. Real good look. What's the point? If you're Hamas, you can't even claim any strategic military targets as a win in any of this and all that's going to happen is probably tons of your civilians/infrastructure are going to get hammered in the coming days. But I guess they take it as a moral victory by filming some snuff videos they can look back on fondly?

Hamas is basically turning all of Gaza and any civilians stuck there into their own human shields at this point. Pointless attack that reaffirms Hamas is just another death cult like ISIS that has no business being involved in civilization.
I'll take a guess the typical terrorist guy doesn't care about image. The mid east countries as a whole have incredibly high unemployment rates (Israel doesn't though). A lot of them are 10%+. So when you got nothing else to do in life you might as well cause trouble. Just like a lot of those caravans of refugees that migrated to Europe during Syrian crisis. They got nothing to do and came from a place where war and machine guns are the norm, so if they cant score a good job and family locally or in a foreign country, might as well jump in the next pick up truck with militants and join in the circus.

Biff

Death toll now 300+, 1500+ wounded, unknown large number kidnapped.
I know it's morbid but are you able to add an (UP: xxx deaths, yyy wounded) to the title?

So passerbys understand the gravity of this terrorist attack? This isn't another random stabbing; it's the worst atrocity ever committed against innocent Israeli civilians. Everyone who hears/sees about it should understand how bad it is.

Atrus

Gold Member

The population is linked with the governance they tolerate, same as Russia. While I’d hope for women, children and the vulnerable to flee the ensuing chaos, they are used by their own people as shields for propaganda purposes. Israel’s response has and will continue to be restrained, even if there are collateral casualties or rogue actors.

We have proof in Russia for what an inhumane, unrestricted campaign against civilians looks like. Gaza will not be an Aleppo or just about every Ukrainian city/town/village in the Donbas.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

I imagine Hamas takes their direction from Iran, a country that wants to see Israel wiped off the map.

This appears to be the worst incursion Israel has seen 50 years though. Their response will be absolutely brutal and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a large scale deployment and occupation of Gaza, and possibly even American air and naval support.

Anybody that has seen the videos Hamas have been posting online knows this is going to be horrific for both sides, particularly for the people that live in Gaza.

I mean, I just don't get any broader strategic vision from Hamas with any of this. Like, sure, let's commit ISIS level acts of barbarism and film all of it and broadcast it to the world? Not going to win over many people to your cause when you're filming your guys storming into houses and executing old women and children and abducting even more as they're screaming in terror.
Most of the reactions online are about how Israel made this happen, how much they fear the upcoming deaths of Palestinians and endless mentions of 'open air prison' as if prisons regularly raid into the surrounding towns and drag young women back to the prison.

Hamas knows they will never lose support from their backers no matter what atrocities they carry out. And the international community will make Israel stop their retaliations long before they can eliminate Hamas.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I know it's morbid but are you able to add an (UP: xxx deaths, yyy wounded) to the title?

So passerbys understand the gravity of this terrorist attack? This isn't another random stabbing; it's the worst atrocity ever committed against innocent Israeli civilians. Everyone who hears/sees about it should understand how bad it is.
This is Israel’s 9/11.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Oof man this is bad. I wish we could just get rid of all the wars and violence.
Does this mean that the US is going to be giving tons of money to Israel like we've been doing to Ukraine?
Does this have any impact on the chances of a US recession?
Could this actually kick off WW3?

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right

That's what I said a few pages back. Such a vile retarded own goal. Israel has all the justification it needs now, and now international support, to just steam roll the place.

zeldaring

Banned

I mean we have people in the states here shooting up people and killing themselves on a weekly bases, if you saw the way people lived in gaza i'm not sure f they care about life anymore.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
While this may be 911 moment for Israel. This might be a hiroshima moment for gaza. feel bad for both sides honestly.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Most of the reactions online are about how Israel made this happen, how much they fear the upcoming deaths of Palestinians and endless mentions of 'open air prison' as if prisons regularly raid into the surrounding towns and drag young women back to the prison.

Hamas knows they will never lose support from their backers no matter what atrocities they carry out. And the international community will make Israel stop their retaliations long before they can eliminate Hamas.
That's because antisemitism is rampant and real. This isn't about Israel, it's about Jews having power to defend themselves, and most people don't like it. They already think we control everything, caused COVID, have space lasers, and eat blood.

I hope every time you see "open air prison" you mention that Gaza has been freed since 2005, and could've been the Macao of the middle east, instead of shit hole terror cell. The people there brought it on themselves when they elected Hamas to rule them.

I really hope Israel doesn't give two craps ass about the international community, it's time to end Hamas, whatever it takes.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Get 2-5 jihadis to do this and they’d wreak havoc. What’s a 10 day cooling off period when you get a lifetime of virgins in paradise?
Because let's be real, nobody actually believes that. It's story they tell themselves to justify acts of rage in desperate situations. If you're just physically living in America and not locked into some super short-stay cell operation, you have way too many opportunities of real things in realty to enjoy to keep on telling yourself fairytales. If you're a person like that, your beliefs will magically transform into some more symbolic notion of jihad or you'll tell yourself it's more strategic to stay and work some other less immediately violent means. Then after a year or so of nobody giving two fucks about what you believe and not trying to blow your head off, you'll decide the best way to get those nasty infidels is to stay and raise a bunch of Muslim kids.

Because even though armed psychos in the US (shooting sprees every month) are the norm, even a slew of terrorist guys driving around in jeeps shooting at people would get shot back at and the cops and swat teams would beeline them with a shoot to kill mentality.

I dont think the typical downtown Manhattan guy is armed, but you never know. When it comes to the US, you never know if a household is unarmed, has a shitty pistol or is home to a gun nut with a warchest of rifles and shotguns.
And this, too. There are more guns in America than there are people. We honestly probably would have serious cartel raiding issues in the southern states if it weren't for that. But it's dangerous to attack Americans and if you sell them drugs and prostitutes instead you get a lot more profit for a lot less heat. Any criminal organization will find the same and design their strategies around it. 9/11 was a very strange outlier and now that we have DHS working in tandem with NSA spy monitoring there is basically no chance of it happening again. Some one-off whacko with nothing to live for using a rifle before dying within the hour is the worst it'll get.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's because antisemitism is rampant and real. This isn't about Israel, it's about Jews having power to defend themselves, and most people don't like it. They already think we control everything, caused COVID, have space lasers, and eat blood.

I hope every time you see "open air prison" you mention that Gaza has been freed since 2005, and could've been the Macao of the middle east, instead of shit hole terror cell. The people there brought it on themselves when they elected Hamas to rule them.

I really hope Israel doesn't give two craps ass about the international community, it's time to end Hamas, whatever it takes.
The problem with Jewish people is really their own doing in a way. I dont mean that in a bad way, it's just the situation.

1. Israel is surrounded by Palestinian countries, have done well, educated, got good standard of living. Google says Israel has an unemployment rate of only 3% etc.... so all the surrounding countries are jealous as hell. Some of those countries have tons of oil money and still cant do shit and got 10-15% unemployment rates, crumbling buildings and their leaders hoard all the oil money. In otherwards, Israelis blew past everyone else and Palestinians know it so the best way to keep up is tear down Jewish people instead of building themselves up from the grassroots

2. Globally, there's only about 16M Jewish people. Thats just a google check, so I dont know how accurate that is, but close enough +/- 1 million people. So the issue you face is lack of numbers. Everyone else against you has 10x the people. Since your numbers are so low and mostly isolated in Israel you'll never get full support from anyone or any government in critical mass support because Israel is half way around the world for most people and we have other things to worry about instead of more mid east crisis wars the rest of countries dont want to be involved in 100 year old war stuff. And Israel's enemies are looney terrorist kinds of people, so other countries will try to avoid getting involved because they dont want a bullseye on their own people either. Your best hope is the US helps out as Israel is always an ally.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
After listening hours of talk about the issue with Palestinian sympathisers also taking part and with people cheering and dancing on streets of Europe over the "success" of Hamas... I will sleep quite fine when the counter medicine is handed out.
Yeah, those two-sides people are really amazing to me. The people of Gaza support Hamas and what its doing, and they will pay the price.

zeldaring

Banned
After listening hours of talk about the issue with Palestinian sympathisers also taking part and with people cheering and dancing on streets of Europe over the "success" of Hamas... I will sleep quite fine when the counter medicine is handed out.
It's the same on both sides. they view each other as dogs. Thats the reality of humanity. They will always come up with a reason will they did much worse to us or they lump everyone as one. Even with your comment are you not any different then those people celebrating by saying basically you dont care if innocent people die.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Oof man this is bad. I wish we could just get rid of all the wars and violence.
Does this mean that the US is going to be giving tons of money to Israel like we've been doing to Ukraine?
The US has continuously supplied money to Israel throughout its history:

Israel is the largest cumulative recipient of U.S. foreign aid: until February 2022, the United States had provided Israel US$150 billion (non-inflation-adjusted) in bilateral assistance.
As for war and violence - this is mostly avoided if parties have economic relations, which people forget was the real reason for creating the EU - avoid another war through economic ties. Israel did nothing to help and support the Palestinian economy. Then again you can argue a lot of people are poor and they don’t shit their neighbours because of that…

One interesting take I saw, and what will be a good lesson for the rest of the world, is that Israel spent the last few years implementing one of the most overwhelming and invasive surveillance programs in the world, and instead of stopping a massive terrorist attack all it was good for was spying on their own citizens.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
One interesting take I saw, and what will be a good lesson for the rest of the world, is that Israel spent the last few years implementing one of the most overwhelming and invasive surveillance programs in the world, and instead of stopping a massive terrorist attack all it was good for was spying on their own citizens.
It’s classic V for Vendetta situation. Create fear, subjugate your citizens, create authoritarian state, at some point citizens rebel and overthrow the dictatorship, democracy comes back, a few decades later situation repeats itself.

Jsisto

Can we just take a step back and not believe everything we hear on twitter/x from randos most of us have never heard of before today? Never underestimate bad faith actors trying to gin up outrage from out of context or completely outdated videos. I find it hard to believe that there are Muslims out in the streets celebrating this in Western countries. Is it impossible? No. But we’ve been down this road before during 9/11 and it was proven false. Let’s not feed into people who are very clearly trying to demonize all muslims. This shit is exhausting and we all SHOULD be able to be a little more discerning, having been on the internet as long as most of us have, to just gobble up whatever bullshit is fed to us to try and make us hate our neighbors. I’ve worked with many Muslims who are good, decent people like any of us over the years and this shit just makes me sick.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Israel did nothing to help and support the Palestinian economy.
And why would we? They are mature people, have the backing of oil-rich states, EU + the US, and you think they are poor? No, the higher ups are not poor. There's a beautiful rich neighborhood in Gaza called Rimal, and in the West Bank the leader abu-abas build himself a castle.

It's Palestinians oppressing their own people while they live large. The head of Hamas lives in a penthouse in Doha, Qatar.

Ironbunny

It's the same on both sides. they view each other as dogs. Thats the reality of humanity. They will always come up with a reason will they did much worse to us or they lump everyone as one. Even with your comment are you not any different then those people celebrating by saying basically you dont care if innocent people die.

There is a quite a big difference with the retoric of what we have heard from Israel what and we have heard from Hamas. I am not celebrating their deaths on the streets so there is a BIG difference. I said I will sleep well. Innocent people will die because of what Hamas did and this is on Hamas and the people who but them in power and support them.

Can we just take a step back and not believe everything we hear on twitter/x from randos most of us have never heard of before today? Never underestimate bad faith actors trying to gin up outrage from out of context or completely outdated videos. I find it hard to believe that there are Muslims out in the streets celebrating this in Western countries. Is it impossible? No. But we’ve been down this road before during 9/11 and it was proven false. Let’s not feed into people who are very clearly trying to demonize all muslims. This shit is exhausting and we all SHOULD be able to be a little more discerning, having been on the internet as long as most of us have, to just gobble up whatever bullshit is fed to us to try and make us hate our neighbors. I’ve worked with many Muslims who are good, decent people like any of us over the years and this shit just makes me sick.

The person posting it in the UK was definitely not a random person. This is not the first time we see this when atrocoties happen.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Totes, won't someone think of the poor Muslims.

F73o7lOWgAAcT80

Jsisto

There is a quite a big difference with the retoric of what we have heard from Israel what and we have heard from Hamas. I am not celebrating their deaths on the streets so there is a BIG difference. I said I will sleep well. Innocent people will die because of what Hamas did and this is on Hamas and the people who but them in power and support them.

The person posting it in the UK was definitely not a random person. This is not the first time we see this when atrocoties happen.
Yes, it’s definitely not the first time we see propaganda and misinformation during war. It’s normal. Even if it wasn’t a random, it doesn’t make it legitimate. The “Ghost of Kyiv” comes to mind as something recent that everybody was posting that was completely made up.

zeldaring

Banned

Sleep well basically means i don't care which is not a big difference from celebrating imo, but it's always the same lines from both sides i don't care because of what hamas did and they deserve it or it's because what the israeli government did and they deserve it. it just never ends with both sides blaming each other.

Last edited:

Jsisto

Totes, won't someone think of the poor Muslims.

F73o7lOWgAAcT80
The poor Muslims that had absolutely nothing to do with this heinous attack that just want to live their lives in peace and are potentially at risk of unwarranted retaliation? Call me crazy, but yes, I think we should care about them as we’d care about anyone else.

Ironbunny

Yes, it’s definitely not the first time we see propaganda and misinformation during war. It’s normal. Even if it wasn’t a random, it doesn’t make it legitimate. The “Ghost of Kyiv” comes to mind as something recent that everybody was posting that was completely made up.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The poor Muslims that had absolutely nothing to do with this heinous attack that just want to live their lives in peace and are potentially at risk of unwarranted retaliation? Call me crazy, but yes, I think we should care about them as we’d care about anyone else.
Really? when's did Muslims got any retaliation?

This isn't about Muslims, and trying to make it about them is repugnant.

zeldaring

Banned
Riiight, when you dont care about someone birthday is not a big difference from celebrating someones birthday.
if i show you a video of Palestinians suffering and being killed you say who cares, they deserved it. I don't see the big difference between saying fuck yes i wanna celebrate this.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

Here you go buddy. Took literally less than a minute to find this.
You are trying to play whataboutism and both sides. Jews in the US get more than half the hate crimes.

And again, this isn't about Muslims no matter how much your buddies at work want to tell you.

Jsisto

You are trying to play whataboutism and both sides. Jews in the US get more than half the hate crimes.

And again, this isn't about Muslims no matter how much your buddies at work want to tell you.
Did I ever say that Jewish hate crimes are justified or less terrible? Should we nuke modern Germany because Hitler did the holocaust? Can you explain what is wrong with claiming that innocent deaths on “both sides” are tragic? I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue. You asked when Muslims have faced retaliation. I provided evidence,

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Did I ever say that Jewish hate crimes are justified or less terrible? Should we nuke modern Germany because Hitler did the holocaust? Can you explain what is wrong with claiming that innocent deaths on “both sides” are tragic? I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue. You asked when Muslims have faced retaliation. I provided evidence,
I'm trying to argue this isn't about Muslims, and thanks for providing evidence.

Ironbunny

if i show you a video of Palestinians suffering and being killed you say who cares, they deserved it. I don't see the big difference between saying fuck yes i wanna celebrate this.

I said quite well. Not well. I didnt say who cares. You didnt show me Palestinians suffering or being killed nor have I answered to such post.

Civilians being killed due to HAMAS in Gaza is shit, but I know Israel is not HAMAS and will not target them just because. HAMAS would. Thats the difference.

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
Did I ever say that Jewish hate crimes are justified or less terrible? Should we nuke modern Germany because Hitler did the holocaust?
That's the problem is Israel method. if one does something everyone has to suffer. like if you own a home and your son is accused of being a terrorist they tear down your house, even if the father that owns the home had nothing to do with it and every arab is treated like a potential terrorist. Israelis can visit the west bank as they please but people from the west bank can't enter Jerusalem. If someone pali kills one Israeli they have to kill 10 to replace that death. just look at the Lebanon war where they most targeted civilians, and Hezbollah started the war by only targeting army personal.

Last edited:

Jsisto

I'm trying to argue this isn't about Muslims, and thanks for providing evidence.
It most certainly is about Muslims. Hamas did this attack, and they are Muslims. All I’m trying to say is we should be a little wary about making blanket statements, because there are clearly far reaching repercussions for innocent people. Post 9/11, Sikh Indians also faced violence simply because they look similar to Muslims. It’s a slippery slope and we should aim our anger at the ones who are the actual agressors.

Last edited:

AGRacing

The poor Muslims that had absolutely nothing to do with this heinous attack that just want to live their lives in peace and are potentially at risk of unwarranted retaliation? Call me crazy, but yes, I think we should care about them as we’d care about anyone else
Norm did this same joke to Margaret Chow. She had the same reaction as you did.
Don't acknowledge the hypothetical 50 million DEAD Americans in the premise... just nod in agreement about the poor Muslims.
Norm is outing goof balls even in death.

zeldaring

Banned
I said quite well. Not well. I didnt say who cares. You didnt show me Palestinians suffering or being killed nor have I answered to such post.

Civilians being killed due to HAMAS in Gaza is shit, but I know Israel is not HAMAS and will not target them just because. HAMAS would. Thats the difference.

I referenced Hiroshima basically mass murder of civilians, and you said sleep well but ok.

Top Bottom