• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

FunkMiller

US congress is powerless with no speaker. Coincidence? Probably.

Of course it's not a coincidence. Iran/Hamas/Russia rely on American disunity to further their causes. They will leverage any obvious division to ensure there is not a concerted, strong response. These areas are always enflamed when they think they have little to fear from America. It's the same reasoning behind Putin's invasion of Ukraine. When the world's only true superpower starts acting like a fucking basketcase, everybody else takes notice, and acts accordingly.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

It wasn't just Britain. Most countries voted for the partition of Palestine. Even the Soviet block.
Only some Arab countries and India voted against.

sjM8Iyl.png
Britain was one of the more reluctant countries to partition, but as you say there was a lot of pressure from mainly the USA but also USSR to partition. A lot of Israelis have Russian family histories and are known to have quite hard opinions in favour of new settlements.

Politically and militarily, Britain was in a very weak position where it couldn't hold onto its global interests and was between a rock and a hard place between not treading on the toes of the new superpowers and not inciting regional tensions which they knew they could not contain.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
You do realize that Russians are not the native people of Crimea. Those are the Tartars, until Stalin send them to Siberia, where most of them died.

And who were there before the Tartars? The Tartars who came along with the mongols. And who were there before? Venetians, the Goths and the Kievan Rus (predecessors of modern day Russia and Ukraine). And before them there were the Romans, Greeks, Scythians and Taurians.

winjer

Gold Member
And who were there before the Tartars? The Tartars who came along with the mongols. And who were there before? Venetians, the Goths and the Kievan Rus (predecessors of modern day Russia and Ukraine). And before them there were the Romans, Greeks, Scythians and Taurians.

Do you really think that because someone did bad things in ancient times, it gives validation to modern countries to do the same?
Society is supposed to go forward, become more civilized.

FunkMiller

'It's okay for Russia to invade Ukraine now, because some bad history happened' isn't quite the solid argument you think it is.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
'It's okay for Russia to invade Ukraine now, because some bad history happened' isn't quite the solid argument you think it is.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying history is complicated.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Don't think much will change, operation iron dagger is just one of the many operations that came before. Its check and balances, people became apathetic and no one wants to seriously talk about a resolution anymore...

The walls will get higher, settlers will settle more.

This has only ramification for Europe. Only if a new wave of immigration hits it. Then, far right groups will get more support.
More support for far right groups in Europe only benefits one country right now.

FunkMiller

Imagine if tomorrow the “original land owner” of America, the original tribes, came and proclaimed that your house is their land. And took it from you by force, what would you do ?

But since the inception of Isreal after the world war 2, they have been murdering and occupying Palestinian land whom been living in that land for centuries and centuries.

Who settled the land the Israelis and Palestinians are fighting over originally? Not suggesting this necessarily should play into the current conflict, but important to understand these things, if you're going to bring up terms like 'original'.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
This has to mark the end of fucking Netanyahu. How the IDF failed to see this coming must speak to the way the government of Israel is being run. This would not have happened this way in previous years. The Israelis have always done a very good job of pre-empting this kind of attack. Something has broken very badly.
He said it himself: "A prime-minister who is up to his neck with legal investigation can't manage a country", and he was right.

Did the Iron Dome stop much of the rocket fire? This world can be such a fucked up place. Killing civilians is fucking disgusting, but the response is likely to kill scores more non combatants as Hamas seems to always burry itself in areas with women and children. I’ve been very critical of Israeli govt but this is beyond the pale, and Hamas needs to be destroyed at this point. Incredibly sad.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
This has to be the most evil and retarded own goal in recent history. The Palestinians can thank Hamas for the sheer fucking shitstorm that will be coming their way right about now. Vile and barbaric idiots.

And I can't fucking wait to see Putin dragged though the streets. That cunt is long overdue for several bullets in the head.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Killing civilians. Corpses paraded as trophies. Gaza will be glassed in the coming week.
It should not just be Gaza, it should be the West Bank and South Lebanon. Israel should operate in all three areas to restore their military superiority.

Who settled the land the Israelis and Palestinians are fighting over originally? Not suggesting this necessarily should play into the current conflict, but important to understand these things, if you're going to bring up terms like 'original'.
Phoenicians :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It should not just be Gaza, it should be the West Bank and South Lebanon. Israel should operate in all three areas to restore their military superiority.
I am actually curious if Lebanon will join the fray. If IDF handles the matter fast, they might not - but if IDS won't, then Lebanon might decided to attack too. They also backed by Iran and has internal problems.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Remember 9/11? Confusion, heart break, then anger. Now multiple that by alot.

Hamas is totally fucked. There's never going to be peace in that area cause religion and generational death won't allow it.

All this is going to do is galvanize the Israeli govt. They will finger point later. You take hostages from Israel you're making a huge mistake.

Shock and awe is gonna happen. They may not bomb Gaza like Baghdad but it will be occupied and lots of it torn down. Palestinians thought it was bad before in Gaza? Hamas has given Israeli forces a blank check with all their videos. Iran about to get checked too.

FunkMiller

maybe Israel should just..idk, stop killing childern and Gtfo of palestine?
just a thought

Please do explain who has rightful ownership of the land they are fighting over.

Spoiler: you really, really fucking can’t.

Last edited:

kruis

Well it remains to be seen. Considering that IDF was not able to prevent this attack - unless orchestrated - there is no guarantee that IDF is as effective now as it was tens ago.

Also, I wonder if Lebanon would consider joining the attack considering their issues with Israel and Iran's backing.

Lebanon really is a non functional state where Hezbollah has carved out its own domain. It could be that Hezbollah extremists might attack Israel too, but it wouldn't be sanctioned by the Lebanese government.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
maybe Israel should just..idk, stop killing childern and Gtfo of palestine?
just a thought
It's ok to be not to have any knowledge of the matter and comment stupidly, because you're fed lies. Israel has every right to exist as a country, it won it fair and square from the arabs who were there before. It doesn't fucking matter who was there before.

Also there was no country called Palestine, ever.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
This man gets it. Someone give him a lollipop.
That's what I'm saying, this world of leaders don't want conflict, they don't want media showing loved ones in uniform dying. This world is totes ok with letting wars rage on.

Nato should go to war against Russia while Israel is leveling Gaza.

FunkMiller

That's what I'm saying, this world of leaders don't want conflict, they don't want media showing loved ones in uniform dying. This world is totes ok with letting wars rage on.

Nato should go to war against Russia while Israel is leveling Gaza.

No need to go to war against Russia - just fully support Ukraine throwing them out, thus undermining Putin’s power base, and therefore weakening Iran.

This atrocity really should lead to tomahawks flying into Russian lines, along with Israel destroying Hamas as best as can be accomplished.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I've sadly seen some things that I wish I could forget. What barbarism...Just disgusting and vile.

Last edited:

Hudo

How about pity for innocent civilians slaughtered in the fucking street? The ones caught up in a ridiculous, pointless, barbaric tit for tat conflict between ideological nation states?
That is why I have some limited pity and not none. It's for those people. But they need to finally vote for people who don't want to genocide the Palestinians.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
That is why I have some limited pity and not none. It's for those people. But they need to finally vote for people who don't want to genocide the Palestinians.
Israel doesn't want to genocide the Palestinians, it's also not happening. Since 1945 when Israel was established the Palestinians have more than tripled their numbers.

Stop listening to the purple forum people.

How many Israelis would need to die to become worthy of pity? Would fifty thousand suffice? I'm sure Hamas would, given the opportunity, be able to manage that and more.

FunkMiller

Please. Both sides are guilty. Trying to claim the moral high ground for the Palestinians reveals a great deal about your warped world view. They are the bigger cunts today by far and your ‘limited sympathy’ for innocents being slaughtered is pretty sickening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom