• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Please. Both sides are guilty. Trying to claim the moral high ground for the Palestinians reveals a great deal. They are the bigger cunts today by far and your ‘limited sympathy’ for innocents being slaughtered is pretty sickening.
People just can't comprehend that Jews are not victims and able to defend themselves, anti-semites.

Last edited:

Hudo

Please. Both sides are guilty. Trying to claim the moral high ground for the Palestinians reveals a great deal about your warped world view. They are the bigger cunts today by far and your ‘limited sympathy’ for innocents being slaughtered is pretty sickening.
Innocents are being slaughtered at both sides. But the people of israel can at least vote for change. The Palestinians are fucked with their system.

Hudo

Recognising the grotesque failures of the respective governments and religions concerned, does not give carte blanche to minimise the horror of atrocities being committed against innocent people. Have a fucking word with yourself.
I didn't minimise anything. I put it into perspective since the initial cause of this was that they were given/took land and never made any earnest attempts at reconcilliation or cohabitation with the people that already were living there. And now we still have senseless slaughter that will probably go on forever. And the people of israel have the option at least to vote for someone else.

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Obviously this is all terrible, but one thing I found slightly amusing is that pretty much every single right-wing (ie Republican) US politician and/or influencer on Twitter is now coming out saying some variation of:

"We stand with Israel!"
"We'll give Israel whatever it needs!"
"Israel has the right to defend itself!"
"Hamas must be destroyed at all costs!"

despite also saying, just a few hours earlier, stuff like:

"Ukraine is not our problem"
"We have enough problems at home, sorry Ukraine we cannot afford to help you"

It's all very convenient that those dickheads suddenly give a shit when Israel is the one under attack.

It almost as if the Republican "manifesto" reads something like "we are against overseas intervention, look after your own first (unless it's Israel, need those sweet sweet election donations"
There is no compassion in politics. It never has and never will be about doing the right thing.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I didn't minimise anything. I put it into perspective since the initial cause of this was that they were given/took land and never made any earnest attempts at reconcilliation or cohabitation with the people that already were living there. And now we still have senseless slaughter that will probably go on forever. And the people of israel have the option at least to vote for someone else.

'Limited sympathy'.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Innocents are being slaughtered at both sides. But the people of israel can at least vote for change. The Palestinians are fucked with their system.
That's BS, Israel doesn't go in Gaza or the West Bank and just kills people left and right. If they do an operation it's to eradicate terror cells, and yes, sometimes because those terror cells are setup in kindergartens or hospitals other people get hurt. This Hamas terror attack is just that, terror, on civilians.

Hudo

'Limited sympathy'.
Yes, not none. And it's limited because of the initial cause, because they're not the only ones who suffer and because they can vote for someone else who might try a different, less violent approach. That doesn't mean it's not shit. But thanks for interpreting that for me, I guess. Fuck off.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
There were more than 3 attempts at peace by Israel, some going so far that people thought they were too much even. Even the most leftiest commentators will say Israel gave 99%.

The truth is, the Palestinians have no bargaining chip here but peace and quiet, Israel owes them squat.

Hudo

That's BS, Israel doesn't go in Gaza or the West Bank and just kills people left and right. If they do an operation it's to eradicate terror cells, and yes, sometimes because those terror cells are setup in kindergartens or hospitals other people get hurt. This Hamas terror attack is just that, terror, on civilians.
I understand that. But this has been going on for decades now. It clearly doesn't work. And it clearly provokes even harsher responses. (The initial settlers weren't that kind with the people there, tho. That has to be said).

Hudo

There were more than 3 attempts at peace by Israel, some going so far that people thought they were too much even. Even the most leftiest commentators will say Israel gave 99%.

The truth is, the Palestinians have no bargaining chip here but peace and quiet, Israel owes them squat.
As far as I remember, these attempts had always demands coupled to them that they knew would not fly. I just wish they would keep talking instead of fighting. Fighting doesn't work.

Edit: But the talking has to be done not by these Cold War grandpas on both sides. But with younger people who actually want to coexist.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I understand that. But this has been going on for decades now. It clearly doesn't work. And it clearly provokes even harsher responses. (The initial settlers weren't that kind with the people there, tho. That has to be said).
It doesn't work because the like I wrote you in the previous post of mine, Palestinians don't want peace. Israel would love nothing more than peace and quiet, and we tried several times to negotiate it when they don't have anything to offer them but that.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Hamas will galvanize the Israeli people even more against them. It will be used to justify the taking of more Palestinian settlements.
isreal has given land and property to palestine Through the years for peace and Palestinians have continued to demand the destruction of Israel. “From the river to the sea” is the cry of a Palestinian do murder every Jew.

Hudo

It doesn't work because the like I wrote you in the previous post of mine, Palestinians don't want peace. Israel would love nothing more than peace and quiet, and we tried several times to negotiate it when they don't have anything to offer them but that.
So you're telling me the only villain here are the Palestinians? I find that very hard to believe. I think both sides are to blame.

Last edited:
As far as I remember, these attempts had always demands coupled to them that they knew would not fly. I just wish they would keep talking instead of fighting. Fighting doesn't work.

Edit: But the talking has to be done not by these Cold War grandpas on both sides. But with younger people who actually want to coexist.

Problem is those young people who you say want to co exist are currently killing and kidnapping civilians

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
So you're telling me the only villain here are the Palestinians?
No, I'm saying that living in a fairy tale of talking will never work, and it didn't even when there were better times and stronger leaders. Israelis want to see this conflict resolve, from a Palestinians stand point, the only resolution is to throw the Jews to the sea. They literally say it in their charter.

Hudo

You know what, guys? Fine. I am scum. Let's leave it at that. This is a serious topic for serious people and I am not serious (and to be fair, also not really that interested in this whole topic). So keep at it. I'll go back to video games.

(I always make the same mistake of getting lured in by non-video game shit on a video game forum. Dunno why that happens.)

Last edited:

DrFigs

These types of actions are so counterproductive when Israel is becoming a totally authoritarian right-wing state.

Obviously this is all terrible, but one thing I found slightly amusing is that pretty much every single right-wing (ie Republican) US politician and/or influencer on Twitter is now coming out saying some variation of:

"We stand with Israel!"
"We'll give Israel whatever it needs!"
"Israel has the right to defend itself!"
"Hamas must be destroyed at all costs!"

despite also saying, just a few hours earlier, stuff like:

"Ukraine is not our problem"
"We have enough problems at home, sorry Ukraine we cannot afford to help you"

It's all very convenient that those dickheads suddenly give a shit when Israel is the one under attack.

It almost as if the Republican "manifesto" reads something like "we are against overseas intervention, look after your own first (unless it's Israel, need those sweet sweet election donations"

It's just the same thing as the pro-LGBTQ atheist lefties being on the side of the fanatical Muslims in Hamas who would behead them for being infidels if they ever actually met them.

People can spin and ignore an awful lot of stuff if it suits their agenda.

near

Gold Member
You know what, guys? Fine. I am scum. Let's leave it at that. This is a serious topic for serious people and I am not serious (and to be fair, also not really that interested in this whole topic). So keep at it. I'll go back to video games.

(I always make the same mistake of getting lured in by non-video game shit on a video game forum. Dunno why that happens.)
Whether the Palestinians have a right to land and a right to wage war against an oppressive regime, it is incredibly difficult to argue and rationalize the justification of war. Particularly when said war is through means of slaughtering the innocent.

Dr_Salt

Every jew that I have ever met approved and supported the ways the IDF dealt with palestinians so I doubt they want any change.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Good lord, I slept in and am waking up to this…those poor families 😕

sigh, you really gotta wonder if this is going to keep boiling over into China invading Taiwan

Rival

Gold Member
Good lord, I slept in and am waking up to this…those poor families 😕

sigh, you really gotta wonder if this is going to keep boiling over into China invading Taiwan
Kind of my first thought too. Nothing is going to stop them if they do.

Pigenator

Fucking terrorist scum. I hope no one is going to justify their horrendous actions "beCaUsE oF oCcUpaTioN"

Israel probably going to flatten Gaza after they get rid of all the terrorists that fortify themselves inside of Israel territory

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
"Fun" fact, as far as I know, Israel's ultra religious ultra orthodox / far right portion of people is the fastest multiplying/growing "group" of people worldwide. As in highest birthrate. They are now a political group every Israeli candidate has to cater to, or loose the election.
They will simply and literally outgrow every liberal notion of peace within Israel and hard line their way to a Israel only state.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The settlements are in the West Bank, Gaza is somewhere else, southern and western. There's no settlements there for 18 years, in fact, when Israel pulled them out root and stem they left lively acres of produce that the Palestinians burned to the ground.

Umm... No. There have been settlements in recent years.

In fact, Israeli government has OK'd NEW settlements THIS YEAR...

I'm unclear as to WHERE you say there's been no new settlements for 18 years... I noted the West Bank and there's still new settlements in West Bank.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
"Fun" fact, as far as I know, Israel's ultra religious ultra orthodox / far right portion of people is the fastest multiplying/growing "group" of people worldwide. As in highest birthrate. They are now a political group every Israeli candidate has to cater to, or loose the election.
They will simply and literally outgrow every liberal notion of peace within Israel and hard line their way to a Israel only state.
It's those god damn Jews fault.

Tams

Think Episode 9 GIF by NBC

I detect a slight bias in OP...

Edit: Just to be clear, I am in no way supporting Hama's or what they have just done. It's utterly horrific.

But Israel have done themselves no favours, especially with their land grabs. This was, frankly, only a matter of time.

It's bizarre that Israeli intelligence utterly failed, but then again maybe hubris and arrogance played a role there. Or perhaps they alienated too many of their sources.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Umm... No. There have been settlements in recent years.

In fact, Israeli government has OK'd NEW settlements THIS YEAR...

I'm unclear as to WHERE you say there's been no new settlements for 18 years... I noted the West Bank and there's still new settlements in West Bank.
This is Gaza, it's a totally different place, that like I said and you refuse to google or something has been vacated in 2005.

Maybe read about the subject more and educate yourself not from Twitter.

Tams

Yes, I'm Israeli, of course I'm biased. What specifically troubles you? calling Hamas terrorists?

Not calling them terrorists, but completely failing to understand why so many, if not support them, are indifferent to them.

And if you're going to talk about terrorists... Well I'm British. Care to have a discussion about the King David Hotel?

Christopher

So Hamas and Israel are engaging in acts of hostile attacks, and you have fucking lunatics defaulting to Russia blame what lunatics and weirdos…

Last edited:

Tams

They're kidnapping women and children and slaughtering civilians. They're terrorists. Fuck off.

Read my comment again and the one it was a reply to.

I'm in complete agreement that they are terrorists. But that Israel has helped create the circumstances for them to grow.

Top Bottom