• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's Westworld renewed for 2018 Season 2, season-to-date viewers better than GoT S1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2016/11/westworld-divorce-insecure-renewed-season-2-hbo-1201853994/
Westworld, developed by Jonathan Nolan & Lisa Joy, is tracking as one of HBO’s biggest first-season drama series ever. Season-to-date, it is averaging a gross audience of 11.7 million viewers, outperforming the first season of Game of Thrones and on par or slightly below with Season 1 of True Detective.

“We’re thrilled that the saga of Westworld will continue for another season,” said Nolan and Lisa Joy. “During the lengthy journey to the screen, our incredibly talented actors, staff and crew became a family, and we look forward to the privilege of continuing this experience with them. We’re also thankful to all of our amazing partners at HBO, WBTV, and Bad Robot for their steadfast support, imagination and ambition. We simply couldn’t have made this show anywhere else.”
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Given the length of production for the first season, when do you think Westworld will return?

Casey Bloys: My suspicion is sometime in 2018 because of how big the world is and what goes into shooting it. So I don’t have a date exactly – they’re going to have to map it out and write the scripts – but my guess is sometime in ‘18.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Game of Thrones starts late, Westworld is taking a year off.

94RV9DJ.gif

Only one mediocre episode and 6 absolutely amazing ones, my favorite new show as well. Total top tier quality.

Lots and lots of dicks and titties too. So many dicks.

jfkgoblue

Only one mediocre episode and 6 absolutely amazing ones, my favorite new show as well. Total top tier quality.

Lots and lots of dicks and titties too. So many dicks.
The HBO effect
Are you joking? You think they'll resolve all the open threads in three more episodes? I doubt we even get to the Maze until deep in Season 3 or Season 4.
Yeah the pace is glacial with so many open story threads

Are you joking? You think they'll resolve all the open threads in three more episodes? I doubt we even get to the Maze until deep in Season 3 or Season 4.
I'm fully expecting the show to reinvent itself each season. No way is it staying confined to the park

Geist-

I'll be honest, I'm like Westworld even more than GoT. I'm gonna be bummed though if they do wait until 2018 to release the next season, but if that's what they have to do to maintain the quality, I can't really blame them.

Santiako

The maze get solved this season for sure. Next season will be the the hosts infiltrating the real world.

JoeBoy101

I'm fully expecting the show to reinvent itself each season. No way is it staying confined to the park

Oh I think it will stay to the park. But what the park looks like season to season? That is a whole other matter. Let's not forget that it is physically quite isolated.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's a greater show than GoT so well deserved. I hope for bright futures and success for the franchise. Bring on S2

kswiston

Good news.

That said, GOT season 1 wasn't all that special from a viewership standpoint. It is just one of those rare shows that never stopped growing (most big HBO shows hit their peak in S3-4).

I haven't seen Westworld yet, but hopefully it continues to do well.

It's more interesting as a premise and setting than Game of Thrones. Don't get me wrong: I like and respect GoT, but the Wild West is much more interesting to me.

I've always tried and tried to get into period pieces, but haven't been so lucky. It's been difficult for me to enjoy such fantasy fare -- outside of gaming -- as much as most people.

Lots of people seem to absolutely adore Game of Thrones, and it's obviously a great show. I've seen the first season and read the first book, but the second book was just too deep for me and I got bored. I haven't rushed to see the other seasons, though I did like the first, and it's been years.

I borrowed 2-4 from a friend, but never got watching them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom