• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers II broke 250k+ CCU on Steam: first PlayStation PC release to do so

It’s beating COD and Fortnite on PSN. The #1 game on PSN right now.

Damn, Jim Ryan da GOAT.

:messenger_astonished: Damn...

rT4JeN1.png

Oh about this...y'all have probably seen that post on Twitter from the Jake guy that has like 32K likes and went kinda viral right? You know, the one about PlayStation gamers supposedly asking for Sony to put Helldivers 2 on Xbox? Welllll, about that Jake guy....

neUQnpi.jpg

That was his response after I asked them this:

I'm just trying to inquire, why you feel the game should suddenly go to Xbox platforms, and why so after Phil Spencer was publicly complaining about the game not being on his platform (as if it's owed games simply for existing)? Surely that can't be a lot to ask, right?

Why would he respond that way unless he was basically admitting he doesn't have a PS5 or a PC (or a capable enough PC) to play Helldivers 2 on? Which means that the super-weird part about the Helldivers 2 port-begging, that PlayStation gamers are supposedly asking for the game to go to Xbox as well, is basically bullshit. Those "PlayStation gamers" are probably just Xbox gamers pretending to be PlayStation gamers, for the most part.

Because it doesn't make any sense why someone who has a PS5 and/or PC, and whose friends very likely have one or both, would want Helldivers 2 to go to Xbox so badly they're publicly asking for it to happen to "end the console war". No, consoles having exclusives isn't what fuels console warring, it's CEOs who complain about a game funded by another platform holder not being on their console, as if their console is owed a game simply because it exists.

The right mindset would be that CEO wondering "Damn, what can I do to inspire and drive a capable team under my management to make something as good or even greater than this here game?", but well, we know that isn't the case.

But yeah, anyway I think this is probably the start of what's gonna be a real nasty push (probably from MS execs and corporate BTS) for some "anti-exclusivity" BS narrative, coming from the Xbox side. And it'll get worst if/when more Microsoft 1P games go multiplat onto other consoles. It's seemingly not in Microsoft's nature to simply do what may be best for their brand and let others do what's best for theirs; they have a very petty person running their gaming division who will try using public sentiment to attack their competitors (whom they'll need more and more in order to hit growth targets in gaming).

Basically try bullying them through orchestrated public outcry & peer pressure to release more and more games on his platform, because apparently $80 billion wasn't enough to get the games he wanted (because regulators cockblocked them on what they really wanted to do with that $80 billion).

Yeah, it's kind of weird that after Microsoft announced that some of their games will be getting PlayStation and Switch ports, you see tweets with a huge amount of likes - that 'PS users' are calling for Helldivers to be released on Xbox. Like these:

"I keep seeing PlayStation players on social media begging for Xbox players to be able to play Helldivers 2"
Animated GIF

Yep. It's 100% engineered, orchestrated manipulation going on from bad faith actors, and the vast majority of the "PlayStation gamers" asking for it on Xbox are just Xbox gamers who either want to undermine the game somehow because it's a PlayStation console exclusive, or for whatever idiotic reason ONLY have an Xbox this gen (and maybe a Switch), no PS5 or even a half-decent PC that could run the game.

One of the ones I just saw a post from on Twitter, claimed they were a PlayStation guy, but if you go to their Twitter page you won't find ANYTHING about PlayStation there for a very long time aside Helldivers 2-related tweets (and that's more on the game itself). Then they responded basically admitting they don't even have a PS5 and probably don't have a decent PC to play the game either.

This is the kind of BS I vehemently dislike Microsoft for. This staged, overtly toxic type of manipulation of controlling narratives in gaming discourse, simply to push optics that favor their own agendas in the market against competitors. I knew something was up as soon as Phil Spencer cried about Helldivers 2 not being on Xbox, right after his "Business Update". And now, we have this.

Last edited:
Damn, Jim Ryan da GOAT.

Oh about this...y'all have probably seen that post on Twitter from the Jake guy that has like 32K likes and went kinda viral right? You know, the one about PlayStation gamers supposedly asking for Sony to put Helldivers 2 on Xbox? Welllll, about that Jake guy....

neUQnpi.jpg

Why would he respond that way unless he was basically admitting he doesn't have a PS5 or a PC (or a capable enough PC) to play Helldivers 2 on? Which means that the super-weird part about the Helldivers 2 port-begging, that PlayStation gamers are supposedly asking for the game to go to Xbox as well, is basically bullshit. Those "PlayStation gamers" are probably just Xbox gamers pretending to be PlayStation gamers, for the most part.

Because it doesn't make any sense why someone who has a PS5 and/or PC, and whose friends very likely have one or both, would want Helldivers 2 to go to Xbox so badly they're publicly asking for it to happen to "end the console war". No, consoles having exclusives isn't what fuels console warring, it's CEOs who complain about a game funded by another platform holder not being on their console, as if their console is owed a game simply because it exists.

The right mindset would be that CEO wondering "Damn, what can I do to inspire and drive a capable team under my management to make something as good or even greater than this here game?", but well, we know that isn't the case.

But yeah, anyway I think this is probably the start of what's gonna be a real nasty push (probably from MS execs and corporate BTS) for some "anti-exclusivity" BS narrative, coming from the Xbox side. And it'll get worst if/when more Microsoft 1P games go multiplat onto other consoles. It's seemingly not in Microsoft's nature to simply do what may be best for their brand and let others do what's best for theirs; they have a very petty person running their gaming division who will try using public sentiment to attack their competitors (whom they'll need more and more in order to hit growth targets in gaming).

Basically try bullying them through orchestrated public outcry & peer pressure to release more and more games on his platform, because apparently $80 billion wasn't enough to get the games he wanted (because regulators cockblocked them on what they really wanted to do with that $80 billion).

Is MS sponsoring these Twitter folks to say this?

Definitely seems like something they would do

I dunno how they're involved, man. But it's very conspicuous timing to see this sentiment right after what Phil Spencer said, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people from the gaming division on the astroturfing marketing side are pushing this narrative out.

Last edited:

GHG

I dunno how they're involved, man. But it's very conspicuous timing to see this sentiment right after what Phil Spencer said, so I wouldn't be surprised if some people from the gaming division on the astroturfing marketing side are pushing this narrative out.

Well if every screen is an Xbox I don't see what they have to worry about. They already have the game on their platform.

Damn, Jim Ryan da GOAT.

neUQnpi.jpg

Yep. It's 100% engineered, orchestrated manipulation going on from bad faith actors, and the vast majority of the "PlayStation gamers" asking for it on Xbox are just Xbox gamers who either want to undermine the game somehow because it's a PlayStation console exclusive, or for whatever idiotic reason ONLY have an Xbox this gen (and maybe a Switch), no PS5 or even a half-decent PC that could run the game.

One of the ones I just saw a post from on Twitter, claimed they were a PlayStation guy, but if you go to their Twitter page you won't find ANYTHING about PlayStation there for a very long time aside Helldivers 2-related tweets (and that's more on the game itself). Then they responded basically admitting they don't even have a PS5 and probably don't have a decent PC to play the game either.

This is the kind of BS I vehemently dislike Microsoft for. This staged, overtly toxic type of manipulation of controlling narratives in gaming discourse, simply to push optics that favor their own agendas in the market against competitors. I knew something was up as soon as Phil Spencer cried about Helldivers 2 not being on Xbox, right after his "Business Update". And now, we have this.
Bingo get ready for exclusives are bad campaigns all because it's a strategy they are forced into but they want to take the industry with them it's truly disgusting and the media will have their back.

Yep, it's an astroturfing campaign at this point.

Bingo get ready for exclusives are bad campaigns all because it's a strategy they are forced into but they want to take the industry with them it's truly disgusting and the media will have their back.

And I hate them for that. Makes it extremely hard for me at times to want better things for Xbox as a brand, when they have leadership scummy enough to push things that actively harm the industry in a multitude of ways creatively & culturally (IMHO).

No one told them to destroy the identity of Xbox consoles; they did that themselves because they only thought about the money and short-term gains, never long-term impacts. And this whole thing about Helldivers 2 to Xbox is also about money and nothing more; if the game were just modestly more successful than the first game Phil would've never mentioned it and Xbox fanboys would just be making fun of it, PS and Sony.

Well if every screen is an Xbox I don't see what they have to worry about. They already have the game on their platform.

giphy.gif

Varteras

Gold Member
Yep, it's an astroturfing campaign at this point.

And I hate them for that. Makes it extremely hard for me at times to want better things for Xbox as a brand, when they have leadership scummy enough to push things that actively harm the industry in a multitude of ways creatively & culturally (IMHO).

No one told them to destroy the identity of Xbox consoles; they did that themselves because they only thought about the money and short-term gains, never long-term impacts. And this whole thing about Helldivers 2 to Xbox is also about money and nothing more; if the game were just modestly more successful than the first game Phil would've never mentioned it and Xbox fanboys would just be making fun of it, PS and Sony.

giphy.gif
ynLIZ4Y.jpg

Portugeezer

Well it worked for crossplay. Now they're going for cross everything, because it's convenient for them.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hopefully this will get Sony to drop the PC delays going forward. LTTP releases never get these numbers. Sure this is an online game but I still think God of War and Horizon etc would’ve had crazy numbers with no delays.

They'd also have to spend more time and money to do this too. Notice GTA 6 isn't coming out day one on PC either.

They'd also have to spend more time and money to do this too. Notice GTA 6 isn't coming out day one on PC either.

Yep, often if you want the best quality (that includes optimization), especially for AAA games, you may have to do staggered launches. Platform optimization costs money, time, and labor.

Not every company has a $3 trillion market cap and even the one with that market cap can't bring all of their games to all platforms Day 1. Otherwise where's Ara 2 for Xbox Series? Where was Flight Sim at at its original launch? Gears Tactics? Halo Wars? Age of Empires?

Plus companies know that a lot of console players will double dip on the PC version that releases later; if you do Day 1 for everything on both, you lose a nice revenue stream there and see lower profits as well.

Fredrik

Weren’t the leaks played on PC? Unless proven otherwise I’m going to assume they just want people to double dip, a PC version later with some added visual features will catch lots of gamers for another purchase.

I think it would’ve made a huge difference. The hype would’ve been more widespread. And less negativity because of exclusivity.

It was already the fastest selling Sony first party of all time

They would rather pc players buy it on ps5 if they have one and double dip later on PC

They don’t want to incentivize console gamers migrating to PC, they just want to mop up the pc purists at a later date

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was already the fastest selling Sony first party of all time

They would rather pc players buy it on ps5 if they have one and single dip later on PC

They don’t want to incentivize console gamers migrating to PC, they just want to mop up the pc purists at a later date
If Sony really thought day one games on PC would hurt the PS ecosystem, H2 would come out later like the rest of their games. That would lead to that the theory if PC gamers see a good game on PS, they'll buy a PS5. And currently, Sony needs all the PS5 sales it can get as they chopped their PS5 console fcst almost 20%. Yet they still do it day one on PC.

but the reason why H2 is on PC is because the theory of day one games being on PC will kill the PS ecosystem is untrue.

Last edited:

Raonak

Banned
Weren’t the leaks played on PC? Unless proven otherwise I’m going to assume they just want people to double dip, a PC version later with some added visual features will catch lots of gamers for another purchase.
Development builds and polished PC builds are a world of difference. It takes substantially more effort to do QA for the infinite different kinds of PC configurations you can get.

If Sony really thought day one games on PC would hurt the PS ecosystem, H2 would come out later like the rest of their games. That would lead to that the theory if PC gamers see a good game on PS, they'll buy a PS5. And currently, Sony needs all the PS5 sales it can get as they chopped their PS5 console fcst almost 20%.

but the reason why H2 is on PC is because the theory of day one games being on PC will kill the PS ecosystem is untrue.

People aren't gonna buy PS5 consoles cause of helldivers 2... but they will for God of war, spiderman 3, horizon 3, gt8, etc.

GAAS games obviously benefit from as large base as possible, but sony are well aware that exclusives are important, thats why helldivers, and the rest of their GAAS games won't come to xbox

begotten

That Bungie purchase looking like ass. They probably had nothing to do with HD2 and look how it's going.

Sony should chuck Bungie in the bin and get the gears turning on TLOU Factions again.

“Exclusives are bad for the industry and I don’t know who wins in this scenario.

But yeah, I get it, we do it too”

Yeah, I don't think we need to look too deeply into this. The strategy is pretty clear.

Microsoft is in a delicate position given console sales and subscriptions aren't working out so they are forced to release games multiplatforms. Anything they can do to limit the impact that has on further console sales they'll do.

So Phil tries to create a narrative that could grow and entice Totoki a growth minded interim CEO to suggest, hey, easy money, let's just put this one game on Xbox, but Phil knows that all he needs is 1 game that Sony wasn't forced to release to get his community to say, well it seems like everyone is going multiplatform on consoles, so they won't get bent out of shape when Halo and Gears goes to PS5. "Remember we got Helldivers"

So it's not Microsoft coordinating this on the ground, but stoking the flame for this to happen. Unfortunately, I don't think Totoki cares about a little bit more revenue when it's clear that they could greatly expand PS5 sales. And if anything they'd rather someone buy a PC to play helldivers than Xbox, because on PC they can still buy sony games.

Well it worked for crossplay. Now they're going for cross everything, because it's convenient for them.

Exactly, if it worked for Xbox it could work here. Phil knows it's a hail mary, but could help Xbox/Microsoft out tremendously at a really bad time.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
People aren't gonna buy PS5 consoles cause of helldivers 2... but they will for God of war, spiderman 3, horizon 3, gt8, etc.

GAAS games obviously benefit from as large base as possible, but sony are well aware that exclusives are important, thats why helldivers, and the rest of their GAAS games won't come to xbox
I actually think this is wrong. The network effect is so much stronger with multiplayer games. You're far more likely to buy a console if your friends are playing a game and they need a 4th. The draw of the game + the draw of connecting with friends can't be matched.

Also, if you haven't bought a PS5 for their 9 single player exclusives, a 10th one isn't going to move the needle for very many people.

That Bungie purchase looking like ass. They probably had nothing to do with HD2 and look how it's going.

Sony should chuck Bungie in the bin and get the gears turning on TLOU Factions again.

If Bungie was looking in on TLOU Online and had an impact on the games future and likely were instrumental in the Deviation game being cancelled, why do you think they had nothing to do with Helldivers?

Again, it's so clear that people try to create agendas despite the facts that we actually know making that agenda wholly unrealistic.

I think it would’ve made a huge difference. The hype would’ve been more widespread. And less negativity because of exclusivity.
In general, as soon as people feel leftout they’re focusing in negative aspects and starts to complain about strange things and boost that into absurdity. Puddle gate, walking simulator, title screens etc.
But once they’re included: Hyyype!
It’s human nature or something.

That's not Sony's fault for making a 1P game exclusive to their console. It's Microsoft's for not having an equivalent epic 1P game for their own console base around the same time frame, making them feel jaded in return and lashing out towards a competing brand and its game as a coping mechanism.

From that POV, if Microsoft had such a game, there'd of been more choice for consumers and people in their own ecosystem would've been satisfied, and not need to resort to lashing out against another game in the competitor's ecosystem to cope. And I say, that'd of been a better outcome for everyone than just porting the same one game over to the other platform.

I say let all of them in for a sweet cup of liber-tea!

Dude's an Xbox gamer port-begging. Had the nerve to try saying otherwise in that Twitter thread, too 😂

Actually if you look at their timeline you have to search real hard to find anything PlayStation-related there.

If Bungie was looking in on TLOU Online and had an impact on the games future and likely were instrumental in the Deviation game being cancelled, why do you think they had nothing to do with Helldivers?

Again, it's so clear that people try to create agendas despite the facts that we actually know making that agenda wholly unrealistic.

FWIW, IIRC Helldivers 2 has been in dev for ~ 8 years, which would mean it got deep into development way before Bungie was acquired by SIE.

Not saying Bungie deserve all the flack they've been getting for stuff like TLOU 2 Factions and Deviation's game (maybe some of it though, sure), just of the idea that they had little say or involvement in Helldivers 2.

Last edited:
FWIW, IIRC Helldivers 2 has been in dev for ~ 8 years, which would mean it got deep into development way before Bungie was acquired by SIE.

Not saying Bungie deserve all the flack they've been getting for stuff like TLOU 2 Factions and Deviation's game (maybe some of it though, sure), just of the idea that they had little say or involvement in Helldivers 2.

TLOU Online was in development since AT LEAST 2019/2020, but likely even earlier. We're looking at at least 6 or so years...

If Sony really thought day one games on PC would hurt the PS ecosystem, H2 would come out later like the rest of their games. That would lead to that the theory if PC gamers see a good game on PS, they'll buy a PS5. And currently, Sony needs all the PS5 sales it can get as they chopped their PS5 console fcst almost 20%. Yet they still do it day one on PC.

You can't act like Helldivers 2 alone is proof of this theory, because no one at Arrowhead or Sony predicted it would be THIS big of a hit out of the gate. That was completely unforeseen by them, so if they had more modest/reserved performance expectations for the game, they (Sony in this case) likely also figured that it being a "smaller" GaaS title in an IP not very well-known going Day 1 on console & PC wouldn't be too much of an issue for the console side of things, and maybe a safe way to test Day 1 PS & PC after going a long time without doing so.

The theory of PC gamers being enticed to buy a PS5, in part can only work if that PC gamer has FOMO. But when it comes to live-service games, I highly doubt a lot of PC gamers do since they have quite a few mainstays of their own (VALORANT, League of Legends, DOTA 2, Counterstrike 2 etc.) that usually keep them busy. And if they are GaaS-orientated gamers, then they probably don't mind waiting a couple of years for a single-player Sony 1P game to come to Steam, when they have so many choices in game in the meantime (including an ever-increasing number of 3P AAA titles).

The truth is Helldivers 2 doesn't fit enough categories to even properly test that theory, and certainly not to debunk it. I still stand by the fact that Day 1 on PC has severely damaged the appeal of Xbox consoles to hardcore & core gamers, and Sony would be stupid to follow suit. Keep in mind Microsoft didn't do Day 1 for all their games from the jump; it took a few years and then by 2018 everything was Day 1 (with some timed exclusives to PC still, even). If it weren't for the pandemic and constrained supply, the Series consoles would've fell off much harder in sales earlier on and likely would only be reaching ~ 20 million lifetime (if that) by the start of THIS year.

Yeah, I don't think we need to look too deeply into this. The strategy is pretty clear.

Microsoft is in a delicate position given console sales and subscriptions aren't working out so they are forced to release games multiplatforms. Anything they can do to limit the impact that has on further console sales they'll do.

So Phil tries to create a narrative that could grow and entice Totoki a growth minded interim CEO to suggest, hey, easy money, let's just put this one game on Xbox, but Phil knows that all he needs is 1 game that Sony wasn't forced to release to get his community to say, well it seems like everyone is going multiplatform on consoles, so they won't get bent out of shape when Halo and Gears goes to PS5. "Remember we got Helldivers"

So it's not Microsoft coordinating this on the ground, but stoking the flame for this to happen. Unfortunately, I don't think Totoki cares about a little bit more revenue when it's clear that they could greatly expand PS5 sales. And if anything they'd rather someone buy a PC to play helldivers than Xbox, because on PC they can still buy sony games.

Yeah I agree, it's not so much MS are pulling the strings every step of the way on this. They don't need to, they have free marketers in astroturfers, shills and the media who will happily manage all of that for them. But like you said, MS, Phil Spencer in particular, are definitely trying to sow the seed, as it were.

It's why Phil said what he said about Helldivers 2 after that business update, and who exactly prompted him about exclusives in a way to specifically mention that game and how it "does no one any good by not being on Xbox"? That was 100% scripted and controlled, to set up a narrative, and we're seeing that develop now.

Hopefully more people catch on so it can die the miserable little death it deserves.

I actually think this is wrong. The network effect is so much stronger with multiplayer games. You're far more likely to buy a console if your friends are playing a game and they need a 4th. The draw of the game + the draw of connecting with friends can't be matched.

Also, if you haven't bought a PS5 for their 9 single player exclusives, a 10th one isn't going to move the needle for very many people.

This is also true and probably why, if Sony/SIE were smart, they wouldn't make all of their GaaS titles Day 1 on PC, or maybe even a few don't get ported over.

Though I think they do, and should, act a lot more liberal with the GaaS titles across PlayStation, PC and (if able, specs and all) mobile.

TLOU Online was in development since AT LEAST 2019/2020, but likely even earlier. We're looking at at least 6 or so years...

Probably, but it could still be a bit of a reach to say Bungie had a big say in Helldivers 2 just because they did in TLOU 2 Factions. Their stuff on Factions was about monetization right? Something like the game didn't have enough avenues for monetization.

Well, Helldivers 2 doesn't have that many monetization schemes, it's priced at a more AA-level price as well. And it's a way more obscure franchise/IP (well, it was. Definitely a big name now!). All of those seem like things, to me, that Bungie would've taken up issue with.

And onto that, Arrowhead technically aren't a 1P studio, whereas I think Bungie's assessments were limited to Sony's 1P devs. So even if they had criticisms for Helldivers 2 it wouldn't have mattered.

That said, yeah, I think people have taken the piss on Bungie a bit much sense the staff cuts and delay. Let 'em cook.

Probably, but it could still be a bit of a reach to say Bungie had a big say in Helldivers 2 just because they did in TLOU 2 Factions. Their stuff on Factions was about monetization right? Something like the game didn't have enough avenues for monetization.

Well, Helldivers 2 doesn't have that many monetization schemes, it's priced at a more AA-level price as well. And it's a way more obscure franchise/IP (well, it was. Definitely a big name now!). All of those seem like things, to me, that Bungie would've taken up issue with.

And onto that, Arrowhead technically aren't a 1P studio, whereas I think Bungie's assessments were limited to Sony's 1P devs. So even if they had criticisms for Helldivers 2 it wouldn't have mattered.

That said, yeah, I think people have taken the piss on Bungie a bit much sense the staff cuts and delay. Let 'em cook.

I'm not saying that they had a "big" say in Helldivers, just pushing back on the idea that Bungie was a bad purchase because of this game's success as we simply have no idea what their involvement was.

I would hazard to bet that they were at least somewhat involved in at least evaluating the game. They evaluated the entire portfolio of GaaS games.

Deviation Games wasn't 1st party either, but their game was still canceled. So not sure if I'd ay their criticism or praise wouldn't have mattered.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
was in a streamers chat, and had a guy tell me Sony is paying to keep the game off xbox, otherwise why is it on pc? KEKW. :messenger_tears_of_joy: he was so hurt about it too

Let them suffer those hypocrites. They don’t deserve this game and i hope Sony isn’t that stupid to release it on Xbox.

Xbox fanboys: “PS needs to create their own online shooters, they have nothing”

Also Xbox fanboys: “Why is PS investing in GAAS, and why is Helldivers 2 not on Xbox?”

Go play your stupid ass Palworld.

Last edited:

I'm nobody

Let them suffer those hypocrites. They don’t deserve this game and i hope Sony isn’t that stupid to release it on Xbox.

Xbox fanboys: “PS needs to create their own online shooters, they have nothing”

Also Xbox fanboys: “Why is PS investing in GAAS, and why is Helldivers 2 not on Xbox?”

Go play your stupid ass Palworld.
Id release it on Xbox and gain money and fish hook em in for Helldivers 3 and not put that on Xbox

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Id release it on Xbox and gain money and fish hook em in for Helldivers 3 and not put that on Xbox
No point in giving away your golden goose like this.

Xbox is porting their games because they don't have the player base. PlayStation does not have that problem. They have a 3x higher active userbase that has no problem spending money and buying games.

Half of the (already tiny) Xbox userbase would be saying "Helldivers 2 should have launched on Game Pass" or "I'll wait for it to join Game Pass" instead of buying the game anyway.

Killjoy-NL

The best thing for Sony to do is to keep it console-exclusive to Playstation, because the vast majority of the Xbox installbase are console-gamers who won't make the jump to PC.

With Xbox games coming to Playstation as well, HD2 is just another reason to bite the bullet and get a PS5.

And if they do go PC, Sony can still reach them.

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
It was more about the sustainability of content support that Bungie were asking from ND. In the end, ND didn't want to dedicate entire studio to TLOU Online support where Arrowhead is Helldivers 2 studio through and through. Totally unrelated games by the very definition of it.

Varteras

Gold Member
This game needs an 8 player co-op raid game mode against almost impossible to beat enemies.

That would be crazy

I dunno why but I'm falling for the hype now. I want this on my PC

I'd also like to see underground missions into Terminid hives. Like what EDF did. But, you'd need to upgrade your hellpod with a breacher ability before you can go on those missions. So instead of just slamming into the surface, your pod burrows through the ground to the beacon if you have to reinforce.

Now, the mission would still have things happening above ground with big holes you walk into. But to keep things from being a total hassle where a member of your team can't go through the ground because they don't have the upgrade, just require it before the mission. This gives an additional incentive to work towards certain upgrades where you can't even run certain missions without them.

Somewhere in those big lairs would be a BBB. No, not big black booty. A big boss bug. This also means many of your current orbital or eagle stratagems wouldn't work. Which opens the door for new stratagems like bunker buster missiles or breacher hellpods that unleash drone swarms that last a limited time.

Of course, that might take a bit of work to make sure the game knows when a reinforce beacon is below ground so the pods goes through it.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Fuck'em, sorry to say, but i'm tired of that stupid ass xbox fanbase with their continues changing narrative and even don't be critical at MS after their "business update", which was more like some desperate attempt to let their fanbase know why they are still "relevant". 2% of the show was announcing those 4 games and the rest was like trying to convince people and crying to stay with Xbox and tell everyone who they are.

If you are 22+ years in the console business and you still need to convince people, then you're doing a bad job.

Anyway they don't deserve HD2 on their console and i hope Sony will never do it. It would be cool if this toxic fanbase was more critical against Phil Spencer. But at this point and buying up all those publishers, canceling multiplatform titles.

fuck you odd future GIF by JASPER & ERROL'S FIRST TIME

We don't need them, they need us. Not because Xbox releasing games on PS5, suddenly Sony has to do the same. Why they drag Sony/PS in all their failures and shit. Just kill that stupid brand already.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Damn, Jim Ryan da GOAT.

neUQnpi.jpg

Really well said, you hit the nail on the head!

Like with a lot of the cross play discussion, this is clearly MS orchestrated astroturfing trying to change optics of something to align it with their business interest. Whether some PS games would like this game being multiplatform or evangelists are down hg it because they smell the marching orders is beside the point, this is not organic.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yep 💯! In the same day he had been boasting about PalWorld and other exclusives only on Xbox and PC he then goes to port beg HellDivers 2 who is on PS5 and PC… he has no shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom