• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

help I just got No Mans Sky

Duchess

Something else - no matter how barren a planet is, you can ALWAYS find the resources necessary to create launch fuel, so you can take off.

(that's Di-hydrogen x 40 and Metal Plating, created from Ferrite Dust x 50)

I imagine you can always find the bits required to repair your launch thrusters, too, but I've never had to do that.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I just fixed my ship together now I'm offs to the stars music like interstellar

it-begins-barney.gif

KiteGr

Something else - no matter how barren a planet is, you can ALWAYS find the resources necessary to create launch fuel, so you can take off.

(that's Di-hydrogen x 40 and Metal Plating, created from Ferrite Dust x 50)

I imagine you can always find the bits required to repair your launch thrusters, too, but I've never had to do that.
Yeah, but it does become harder if the planet is REALLY barren. Autocharging thrusters are much more important than all other thruster options.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Explore, relax, get into space fights,and build bases. I think? I bought it at launch and over the years have tried getting into it but never got beyond around 20 hours. Hello Games have added a lot to the game with updates so I am not sure what it's like to play now.

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I got this game to hype me up for Starfield but now I dont want Starfield after seeing all that bad stuff thirs is my true space game explorations my friends the posorbilities are endless the sheer bread of content is unbelievimible

Tams

Don't understand the point of a thread like this since YouTube is literred with beginner guides to this game and basically any other game you wish to play.

Then asking for tips to have fun in the game you just bought on top of all that 😂😭

YouTube tutorials are shit for masses of information, even with timestamps.

With text you can just skip in usually less than a second to exactly what you want. You can also read them in situations that watching a video would not be appropriate.

YouTube tutorials are only great for showing things that are hard to describe in words.

Gambit2483

Huge piece of knowledge I recently discovered: This game has amazing difficulty adjustment options. You can turn off a lot of the annoying mechanics like needing to craft fuel just to launch your ship.

For me, the fun of the game is exploring and seeing what else is out there. Mining resources so I can convert them into doo-dads so I can mine more resources is extremely boring. Go into the difficulty settings and just turn off all the things that are un-fun (subjective of course). Much better game after I realized this.
I pointed this out in a Starfield thread and someone tried to turn that into a negative. As if wasting hours upon hours resource collecting was how the game was originally intended to be played and any other way proves the game actually sucks 🙄

Eotheod

I pointed this out in a Starfield thread and someone tried to turn that into a negative. As if wasting hours upon hours resource collecting was how the game was originally intended to be played and any other way proves the game actually sucks 🙄
The unfortunate aspect is that this was the game to begin with, and for many they haven't gone back to try it. I personally have flirted with the game every second expansion or something, but my problem is it falls into that resource trap for me.

Plus I just feel like the repetitiveness gets to me, however I haven't played the latest two expansions where I think they expanded the story aspects?

Top Bottom