• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High On Life.... I love it. Anyone else playing this gem?

Topher

Gold Member
I think the generalization applies pretty well in this thread; it just doesn't apply to you.

You seem to be one of the most neutral posters on GAF. Just because you have somewhat of a preference for PlayStation does not make you a raging Sony fanboy. I think his comment was more directed at the raging Sony fanboys all talking about how they don't like a game they haven't played. That is at least what my response to him was predicated on.

I just dislike generalizations. I also dislike derogatory comments from those who haven't played the game being discussed. I think that is probably a more accurate way of addressing trolls.

And as if on cue....

Since you've previously told us you cancelled Game Pass (if you ever really had it) did you actually spend $60 to play this game you hate?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I think the generalization applies pretty well in this thread; it just doesn't apply to you.

You seem to be one of the most neutral posters on GAF. Just because you have somewhat of a preference for PlayStation does not make you a raging Sony fanboy. I think his comment was more directed at the raging Sony fanboys all talking about how they don't like a game they haven't played. That is at least what my response to him was predicated on.
And if this wasn't on Game Pass™ nor an Xbox console exclusive (thought they didn't like those), you would not give two shits about it. In fact, I bet if it were the other way around, you would claim that it's not your cup of tea.
Shocked Drag Race GIF by Robert E Blackmon

sachos

It has some amazing object motion blur. My only problem with it (from watching some gameplay clips, haven't played yet) is that now he makes everyone sound like Morty.

Last edited:

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Finished it two days ago and really enjoyed my time with it. Looks beautiful too, the colours really pop! Enjoyed the writing and had a few good chuckles at it. Definitely recommend trying it out. I hope there is some chance of a physical release for this!

Drewpee

Banned

Neogaf doesn't agree. I got a warning for the post and the mod left a message telling me to look in the mirror and stop my persecution complex lmao not sure if I'll get in trouble for posting this but I also care exactly 0%.

Banjo64

cumsessed

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Neogaf doesn't agree. I got a warning for the post and the mod left a message telling me to look in the mirror and stop my persecution complex lmao not sure if I'll get in trouble for posting this but I also care exactly 0%.

Yeah, any complaints about extreme Sony fans like Toad/Vawn constant trolling and console-warring is a persecution complex :pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint::pie_gsquint:

Last edited:

johnjohn

And if this wasn't on Game Pass™ nor an Xbox console exclusive (thought they didn't like those), you would not give two shits about it. In fact, I bet if it were the other way around, you would claim that it's not your cup of tea.
Well that's the great thing about Game Pass lol. I absolutely wouldn't have bought this game, but thanks to Game Pass I got to play it and I really enjoyed it.

Zathalus

A decent game for me. Lacking in some variety and the PC version was not great (so played on my Xbox). I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10. Hope the sequel builds on the foundation they have layed here.

Since you've previously told us you cancelled Game Pass (if you ever really had it) did you actually spend $60 to play this game you hate?
A passing look at his post history makes the answer pretty obvious I think.

Arachnid

I'll have to check it out. It's strange. I see people gushing about it everywhere, but the critic reviews are rough. Maybe it's the offensive humor that sets off critics?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll have to check it out. It's strange. I see people gushing about it everywhere, but the critic reviews are rough. Maybe it's the offensive humor that sets off critics?

I think it's a mixture of 1/ subjective preference of humor and 2/ the game being borderline broken at launch, which was fixed in a day 2 patch. The reviewers played the un-patched version.

Last edited:

Zathalus

I think the popularity of the game proves this has got nothing to do with Gamepass. People seemed to be charmed by the humour and the world. I certainly would have been interested even if there was no Gamepass or Xbox console exclusive deal, as I am a fan of Rick and Morty.

It's certainly not by any means one of the best games of the year, but it is fun enough on its own merits. I would have likely waited for a sale, but thanks to Gamepass I don't have to.

This game is definitely divisive, exploring these comments is interesting. I honestly haven't been as into a game since Disco Elysium. I've been in a rut trying different games that give me that spark. I guess I can see how the humor isn't for everybody, but I'm definitely digging it. It's a little bit of a breath of fresh air.

Gameplay wise, I'm kind of feeling it on all angles but I do see how the enemies are not as varied as they could be, but they are definitely fun to dispose of. It's probably me just getting old, but sometimes I have trouble picking out enemies in the more realistic looking games and that is why I've actually always enjoyed Halo because I can easily interpret where the enemies are and I kind of feel that with this game... Which is surprising considering how colorful it is. I'm never at a loss trying to dispose of the enemies.

Pedro Motta

I respect your right to have an opinion but I just don't see any need for the harsh statement at all.
Every boss is different and they're all well made. The game has decent dash and platforming. The guns aren't that crazy but they all feel fine and snap aim to enemies pretty well. The dash is a melee hit also. The glob bomb is a lot more fun with the upgrade mod. The grappling hook adds verticality to almost every fight. Before the 2nd to last boss there's a fantastic encounter using magnetic boots to run across the walls as you ascend 4 stories. Theres a few light puzzles even. The chests are actually well hidden and fun to track down. Almost every aspect of the game feels like a casual Halo Infinite which is a pretty huge accomplishment for a lower budget new IP from a team that's never made a FPS. Plays way better than you would expect.
You also have a right to your opinion and to sugar coat this game whatever the way you want. You guys are so picky with certain games, but with this one is all about that shiny piece of corn in a huge turd. But hey, at least the turd makes you laugh, sometimes.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You also have a right to your opinion and to sugar coat this game whatever the way you want. You guys are so picky with certain games, but with this one is all about that shiny piece of corn in a huge turd. But hey, at least the turd makes you laugh, sometimes.
I just don't know what the actual turd parts are other than limited enemy variety. If I dislike a game I can explain why in detail. Its not about sugar coating or lying. Its just my actual opinion.

yazenov

If you like the humour, it's a really nice game. It might be too much if you are not into it.
I'd say it's sadly overlooked here because it's not on PlayStation

Or it's being overlooked because it's a below-average 64 Metacritic game? You can say the opposite, it's having some attention because it's an Xbox exclusive. Having a severe draught of games does this to you.

There are too many other games that deserve your attention and time, rather than rewarding a mediocre game.

Last edited:

Thebonehead

Banned
Having done the second mission I'd say metacritic is close enough to the mark

About a 7 for me in gameplay terms, but In terms of the humour and playing against video term tropes is where it engages me

onesvenus

Or it's being overlooked because it's a below-average 64 Metacritic game? You can say the opposite, it's having some attention because it's an Xbox exclusive. Having a severe draught of games does this to you.

There are too many other games that deserve your attention and time, rather than rewarding a mediocre game.
It has a 90% with almost 5k user reviews on Steam but yeah, it's "having some attention because it's an Xbox exclusive"

Don't you people get bored of being so wrong?

yazenov

It has a 90% with almost 5k user reviews on Steam but yeah, it's "having some attention because it's an Xbox exclusive"

Don't you people get bored of being so wrong?

Since when did we give a fuck about steam reviews, as opposed to the industry standard Metacritic? I guess Choo-Choo Charles got it beat by having a 6.8k very positive review on Steam. Yet no one is talking about that game. Guess why.

Kvally

Banned
Since when did we give a fuck about steam reviews, as opposed to the industry standard Metacritic? I guess Choo-Choo Charles got it beat by having a 6.8k very positive review on Steam. Yet no one is talking about that game. Guess why.
It seems that people here enjoy the game, on Xbox and on Steam. Have you had a chance to play it?

Top Bottom