• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

- animations/clipping. I don't think there was a single wire kill that didn't look horrible. Seriously.
Agreed. I'm fine with the fibrewire being invisible (it's supposed to be very hard to see anyway), but given it's such a series signature they really need to get their shit sorted out. In Absolution it was already too high (like the wire was going into the target's mouth, not throat), but now it's skewed way off to the side as well.

- hopefully in the full game they'll let you figure shit out by yourself. Having the pop up and game spell out for you how to do a kill opportunity type ruins the sandbox aspect.
I think that's just because it's the Tutorial. The little speech Diana gives on The Final Test about how it's only fair if she cheats a little too seems to suggest that the opportunity markers are not standard... but we'll see.

What part of the 9 minute video of the BETA would you like us to see?

By the way I totally agree id rather have a map with circles on it then retarded I can see thru walls 4 rooms ahead bullshit.

Sadly IO stuck with it.

My bad, watch from the 3 minute mark.

jwk94

So the episodic thing still confuses me. What exactly are we getting when they say "locations"?

I know the Beta is in the first episode but is that the whole thing? Are we just getting two levels or does each location have more than two levels?

So the episodic thing still confuses me. What exactly are we getting when they say "locations"?

I know the Beta is in the first episode but is that the whole thing? Are we just getting two levels or does each location have more than two levels?

Location means a City (Paris, Thailand, Japan, US, 2 more).

The first episode includes Paris and two missions PLUS the prologue (beta missions). I believe each Location has 2 missions but we don't know if that means two different areas or just one that's modified for a specific mission.

MUnited83

For you.

Each location has two levels. They share the same "base" map, but the mission itself, setup, NPC locations, opportunities, etc, are different.

Yep! The challenges you complete won't be tracked but gameplay wise everything is functional.

Sweet. I can't get enough of the ragdolls. They are super funny. Also I haven't had any of the AI issues some of you guys have mentioned. They seem decently sharp to me, as I've had a couple come investigate noise and such.

Sanke__

Beta seemed fantastic to me
Super promising

Is kinda of shady that the tutorial is such a large portion of the initial launch but I'm ok with it as long as the second Paris mission is a completely different area from the fashion show like the second tutorial mission

Definitely aggree that the blood money map is better than the see through walls bs but it seems to ultimately give you the same information

Each location has two levels. They share the same "base" map, but the mission itself, setup, NPC locations, opportunities, etc, are different.
Wasn't the point of all this online massive level stuff is that there would be more (endless?) missions as they will add new targets with online updates? Just two?

MUnited83

For you.
Wasn't the point of all this online massive level stuff is that there would be more (endless?) missions as they will add new targets with online updates? Just two?

Yes, there will be the live limited missions with different targets, and a Contracts style mode. I'm just talking about the main missions.

Moff

Contracts was probably the best thing Absolution brought to the series (outside of controls and crowds).

contracts was the best kind of multiplayer a franchise like hitman could hope for.
whoever had that idea deserves a medal.
most studios would just have done something dumb like deathmatch or maybe some co-op bullshit campaign.
contracts was indeed the best thing about absolution and a fantastic addition to the franchise, every future hitman game needs a contract mode.
the challenges were pretty good, too, I am glad they kept them as well.

KORNdoggy

Agreed. I'm fine with the fibrewire being invisible (it's supposed to be very hard to see anyway), but given it's such a series signature they really need to get their shit sorted out. In Absolution it was already too high (like the wire was going into the target's mouth, not throat), but now it's skewed way off to the side as well.

I think that's just because it's the Tutorial. The little speech Diana gives on The Final Test about how it's only fair if she cheats a little too seems to suggest that the opportunity markers are not standard... but we'll see.

the opportunity markers are standard. they've been mentioned in the previews too and they said they make the game too easy... but you can just ignore them. alternatively, in the options you can also make them limited or outright turn them off.

the opportunity markers are standard. they've been mentioned in the previews too and they said they make the game too easy... but you can just ignore them. alternatively, in the options you can also make them limited or outright turn them off.
That's a shame, the challenges make them completely unnecessary IMHO (since the challenges point out all of the various approaches anyway).

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If I can turn them off then I'll do that.

You sort of can. When I played with opportunities off (I think), the camera focused in on opportunity conversations while indicating they are such with a little title card (the latter could be tutorial related, mind). Then the game leaves you to work out the rest. It's not perfect, but unobtrusive enough to not completely ruin the sense of discovery.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
contracts was the best kind of multiplayer a franchise like hitman could hope for.
whoever had that idea deserves a medal.
most studios would just have done something dumb like deathmatch or maybe some co-op bullshit campaign.
contracts was indeed the best thing about absolution and a fantastic addition to the franchise, every future hitman game needs a contract mode.
the challenges were pretty good, too, I am glad they kept them as well.

Agreed on all fronts... except I always thought there was room (along with Contracts) for a fantastic vs. mode where both players have to assassinate the same target. That's just me though.

rjinaz

SO just to confirm, the beta keys give you access to the beta game download which is completely separate from the actual game right? Because I have a couple of beta codes I'm not going to use but I just want to make sure they won't be tied to the full game in some way.

rjinaz

Code doesn't seem to work, is it for Steam?

You have to enter the promo code on the website and then wait for an email for the actual code. Still no emails on the codes I submitted.

Instructions to reddem your code:

1. Go to beta.hitman.com and enter your Access Code.
2. Select your desired platform (PS4 or Steam PC).
3. Shortly before the Beta begins, you will receive your HITMAN game download code via e-mail.
4. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to install the game and play in the Beta.

vpance

Knocking people out seems faster than choking them from behind. Plus it looks cooler. But I guess it makes some noise.

You have to enter the promo code on the website and then wait for an email for the actual code. Still no emails on the codes I submitted.

Instructions to reddem your code:

1. Go to beta.hitman.com and enter your Access Code.
2. Select your desired platform (PS4 or Steam PC).
3. Shortly before the Beta begins, you will receive your HITMAN game download code via e-mail.
4. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to install the game and play in the Beta.
Ahh I guess someone already took it then.

is it safe to pre-order on amazon to get a beta key, then cancel if we find cheaper elsewhere before release?

Amazon doesn't charge till release.

You can get the intro pack for $15 anywhere and that also includes the beta and all the content released in March. That's pretty cheap.

joeajs

Banned
Finished the beta, enjoyed the gameplay. However, I do feel like it looks like a last-gen title in the graphics department. (with the exception of the opening scene).

jwk94

Location means a City (Paris, Thailand, Japan, US, 2 more).

The first episode includes Paris and two missions PLUS the prologue (beta missions). I believe each Location has 2 missions but we don't know if that means two different areas or just one that's modified for a specific mission.

not sure if I like the sound of this. So if we're taking the Beta as an episode (as an example), would that mean 1 location would be the docks level and another location would be the hangar? Or would that be one location?

Top Bottom