• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

vpance

Once the white suit guy is upstairs the art dealer won't drink from the glass on the table I believe. That means there's a limited window where you can poison him. And one trigger to make white suit go upstairs is to pose as the bartender cleaning.

Once the white suit guy is upstairs the art dealer won't drink from the glass on the table I believe. That means there's a limited window where you can poison him. And one trigger to make white suit go upstairs is to pose as the bartender cleaning.

I think Ritter (Art Dealer) still drinks after he fails to remember the code and tells Norfolk (suit man) to go and enjoy the party.

Regarding initiating the meeting, it's time based as he goes outside and drinks his fruit juice twice before talking to Bert the Cop. I've been on the boat various ways and blending in at the bar didn't seem to speed up the process.

I enjoyed the beta quite alot, I knew it was going to be good, but not this good, sure there are a bit of trouble here and there, but still I think that Hitman is now back on the right track, and in getting there, it wasn't able to evolve.

The opportunities and the accidental kills are pretty neat, I love em. But above all the action way is not the right way, you die fairly easy, and stealth is the way to go. It didn't feel overall too challenging, but I think that's due to the tutorial nature of the beta.

I was a huge fan of the beta. The only other Hitman game I played was Absolution and I enjoyed it a lot as well. It's just too much fun finding the unique ways to complete each mission. I'm pumped for the first episode next month

the day I preordered I got the code to enter in the Squareenix site

waiting on them now.

check your spam folder and search 'hitman' or 'redeem code'

I pre ordered a week ago, checked my mails, there's no code anywhere to be found....I was so looking forward to try this one.....

So will there be another code from GMG for the actual game to unlock or what? When I activated it on steam, it only said it for for the beta (which I get sort of),But GMG listed it as HITMAN™ - The Full Experience followed by the code and I figured it was going to unlock the game in steam as well as giving the beta to me. Bit confused on this, being it said I only have the license to the Hitman™ Beta on steam. If you get what I mean.

Red Hood

Banned
So according to the opening post the PC beta is supposed to begin tomorrow, but I haven't gotten a mail for the beta code yet. Kinda late I think, unless they'll start sending it this evening.

twisted89

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (twisted89, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman PC/PS4 beta key (redeem on beta.hitman.com) -- MB-EE6776BF719728D1 Claimed

Seem to get 2 keys from Amazon pre-order, enjoy guys.

Megauap

Has anyone received the Steam key to play the Beta from beta.hitman.com?
I pre-ordered the game on Amazon and redeemed the code on the Hitman website but still haven't received anything.

twisted89

I pre-ordered the game on Amazon and redeemed the code on the Hitman website but still haven't received anything.

Nothing here either, site say's preload started yesterday too

The PC Beta has been re-scheduled to start at 17:00 CET on February 19th 2016 and end on February 22nd at 17:00 CET worldwide.
(Pre-loading of the HITMAN Beta is scheduled to start at 17:00 CET on Feb. 17th.)

I want in on this but I don't want to commit to buying to this without playing it. Does the Amazon preorder cancel thing work for this game?

Normally there is a beta key begging thread with games like this, I don't see one for this, I guess it's not popular enough?

I just want in somehow, PC or PS4

Red Hood

Banned
So noone was able to pre-load the Beta on Steam yet?

Nothing here either, site say's preload started yesterday too

I also still haven't gotten my key. So either we've been hit by an error, or the beta pre-load starting Feb. 17 has been dela---

or we're just out of luck?
yes it's preloadable since yesterday for people who bought it directly on steam

when does it start anyway?

I've been pre-loaded since yesterday, what makes you think people aren't able to?

I also still haven't gotten my key. So either we've been hit by an error, or the beta pre-load starting Feb. 17 has been delayed.

if you pre-ordered directly from Steam the pre-load is already there since it's directly tied to your Steam account

if you had to use a redeem code on that website and are waiting for a code to be e-mailed then AFAIK those haven't gone out yet

there's no error...there's no glitch...just have to wait for them to send the key

An IO Community Rep. just posted this on the official forum/subreddit, detailing what the "live content" for the game consists of.

Elusive Targets

The Contracts that are available for a limited-time are what we call Elusive Targets. An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. These targets will be custom-created characters that are added to existing locations and are only there for a limited time in real-time. You'll only have one chance to take them down. If they escape, they are gone for good. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world (one way or another) they never return.

Each Elusive Target will have a custom briefing video, a backstory and a unique reason for being in that location. When you're actually playing in the location, the Elusive Target will not appear on the map and will not appear in Instinct. In order to find them, you'll need to use clues from the briefing video and a photograph that you will be able to review. You'll need to explore, find your target, learn their patterns and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target. If you kill the wrong person or die when trying to exfiltrate, that's it. Game over, the target escapes.

As the season unfolds, you’ll earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts. The rewards are signature suits from previous Hitman games and versions of those suits with gloves. There’s also a version of the signature suit from the new HITMAN with gloves.

We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way.

Escalation Mode

Escalation Mode is something else completely new for HITMAN and was created as a way to regularly provide a fresh challenge to players. You'll need to master the location as well as the gameplay mechanics to complete a hit that will escalate in difficulty by adding new elements. As an example, the first stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre. Then, the second stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre whilst dressed as a waiter and removing any security camera recordings within two minutes. We are able to change where the security cameras are and also add additional ‘security’ measures to the locations, such as laser trip-wire explosives that you’ll need to avoid.

Escalation Mode has a strong focus on having fun with the game mechanics and mixing them up – pretty much anything goes in this mode. It’s more about being playful than realistic. For each Escalation Contract, there are five stages and you're free to replay them as you wish to climb the leaderboards. As with Elusive Targets, the save-game functions are disabled.

All Escalation contracts and Elusive Targets are created by IOI and will be released between the location releases as part of the live content.

Contracts Mode

On top of those new features, we also have Contracts Mode. You'll know this from Absolution. Play-to-create, mark your own targets, choose how to kill them and compete against your friends. IOI will also pick the best of the bunch and put them in the Featured Contracts list so you've got something fresh to play whenever you load up the game.

Live Challenges

Additionally, we have the ambition of adding community-inspired challenges into the game. As you'll have seen from the recent Beta period, the game is full of challenges you can complete to prove your mastery of a location. We are looking into creating new challenges that we can periodically add to the game. These challenges will be an homage to some of the more elaborate, amusing, difficult or creative feats that we see our players complete. As an example, one of the first ‘live challenges’ we are looking at creating is called “Hammer Time” and was inspired by a ‘2AngryGamers’ livestream of our PS4 Beta, where they used only a hammer to knock out almost every guard in the ‘Final Test’.

At this stage, Community-inspired challenges (or whatever we actually decide to name them) are just one of the ideas we are working on to keep the game fresh and live as we go through the season. These are not a guaranteed feature but something we’re testing and trying out.

iMax

jesus

ZzhgLag.png

vpance

I think Ritter (Art Dealer) still drinks after he fails to remember the code and tells Norfolk (suit man) to go and enjoy the party.

Regarding initiating the meeting, it's time based as he goes outside and drinks his fruit juice twice before talking to Bert the Cop. I've been on the boat various ways and blending in at the bar didn't seem to speed up the process.

Might have gotten the initial tutorial mixed up with the free-form try then. I think that one is more scripted.

Haven't tried extensively but I wonder if it's possible to get Norfolk's suit before he boards.

An IO Community Rep. just posted this on the official forum/subreddit, detailing what the "live content" for the game consists of.

I am going to have the worst anxiety about the elusive targets and will probably painstakingly research them from other people's playthroughs before I try it on mine, but it all sounds great.

Elusive Targets mode sounds like a lot of fun. is that the exclusive PS4 thing?

No, the PS4 exclusive they've still been a little cagey on what exactly it'll entail, but the common understanding is that it'll be kinda like a regular contract but one you can only do if you have the PS4 version.

Each Elusive Target will have a custom briefing video, a backstory and a unique reason for being in that location. When you're actually playing in the location, the Elusive Target will not appear on the map and will not appear in Instinct. In order to find them, you'll need to use clues from the briefing video and a photograph that you will be able to review. You'll need to explore, find your target, learn their patterns and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target. If you kill the wrong person or die when trying to exfiltrate, that's it. Game over, the target escapes.

wipebrowsweat.gif

How is the beta? I haven't played a full Hitman game before (just free demos on my 360) but I like the concept. I feel like this game will get overshadow at release by The Division.

How is the beta? I haven't played a full Hitman game before (just free demos on my 360) but I like the concept. I feel like this game will get overshadow at release by The Division.
I guess the episodic release will help then, maybe? Even if the Intro Pack release gets overshadowed by The Division, the coming content and the future retail release means the game has other chances for exposure

Phinor

Well I contacted them today....still waiting for a reply....damn I can't believe I will miss this -_-

Plenty of people who pre-ordered from Amazon are still missing beta key including me so rest assured, you are not alone with the problem. If Tony was still running the show, this would never happen or if it did, it would have been fixed quickly.

WTF is wrong with people? I hope its just a googled image.

It's a nice taste. Though there are still a lot of things that they hopefully can iron out this year. If you liked the concept with just playing the demos, grab blood money on the cheap. Or just throw down $15 for the intro pack. If you are playing on PC that will get you the beta tomorrow and all the content that will be released in March.

Rktk

Question: I don't want to pre-order, can I pre-order, play the beta and return / refund the pre-order via Steam?

Top Bottom