• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN |Beta Thread| The original assassin. [PS4+PC]

Syriel

OK IO you done good imo.

But I want options to turn everything off!!! Clean UI and shit.. cuz damn this shit is bad.

I already turned off all I could, but stop handholding so much. I need a hard difficulty where you dont have 10 saves and oppertunities shouldnt show on the map. You need to discoger these things yourself, not be told

IIRC, the option to turn off the opportunities is there in the standard missions. I didn't mess around too much in the options, but did flip though a few. Might be wrong, but could have sworn there was a toggle for it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
IIRC, the option to turn off the opportunities is there in the standard missions. I didn't mess around too much in the options, but did flip though a few. Might be wrong, but could have sworn there was a toggle for it.
They still display on your map. It's a bit gross, to be completely honest.

Hoping that's just an oversight.

Just finished playing through the beta for the first time. Really loved it, however is it just me or does it seem that NPCs become really suspicious really fast? Not as bad as Absolution since only certain NPCs become suspicious, but it still seemed a tad excessive. Or maybe I just wasn't being sly enough, who knows.

I hope the environments in the full game at least have excellent and thick atmosphere. Some of what I've seen so far is pretty dull, art style-wise. Beautiful but kinda boring.

Tovarisc

Just finished playing through the beta for the first time. Really loved it, however is it just me or does it seem that NPCs become really suspicious really fast? Not as bad as Absolution since only certain NPCs become suspicious, but it still seemed a tad excessive. Or maybe I just wasn't being sly enough, who knows.

Distance to "detector" seems to have some effect on how quickly you get made out, and with enough distance even they won't pay attention to you.

I hope the environments in the full game at least have excellent and thick atmosphere. Some of what I've seen so far is pretty dull, art style-wise. Beautiful but kinda boring.

Plywood and cardboard made test stages build into old bunker make for tad flat and boring environments, who would have guessed :b Beta really isn't putting best foot forward when it comes to showing off environment designs and graphical prowess.

Foffy

Banned
Has anyone else been losing connection to the online stuff? I can see they're testing server-side recognition of Challenges, but I feel like I have to quit to the main menu after every run to make sure the next one doesn't have its stuff voided..

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Technical issues aside, it feels right. Infiltration, dragging bodies, strutting out undetected - they nailed the sensations. The options available seem pretty healthy too. Considering the size of the level, that's no mean feat.

No hyperbole (BM isn't even my favourite): but this is literally what I imagined the sequel to Blood Money to be like. It even retains some of the little janky bits (doors, shooting, some animations etc.) that plagued the earlier games (and just like those games, they're negligible).

Visually, it does lose a lot of the style and grit from Absolution (as Dick Justice pointed out earlier), instead we're back to the crisp, clean lines of the older entries; which, along with the promise of more detailed and open levels, is a fine substitute.

There's flaws but, all in all, I'm pretty impressed.

Has anyone else been losing connection to the online stuff? I can see they're testing server-side recognition of Challenges, but I feel like I have to quit to the main menu after every run to make sure the next one doesn't have its stuff voided..

I had an issue earlier. Hopefully it's fixed now.

SE definitely needs to push the release date back a few months. Cause this certainly not worth paying 60 bucks to play.

Goes to show how bad IO/SE has been with the communication of this game. $60 is for the entire "season", you can pay $15 to play the prologue/beta and Paris and $10 for each remaining episode after.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a beta. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (IbizaPocholo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Hitman beta(psn) -- MB-DBA332F3D5D91BF1 - Taken by BernardoOne

Enjoy! Please pm to me the winner.

Syriel

Why not? This is a beta lol. An old build probably

How do I get Knight to go in the jet?

Get wrench.
Become a mechanic.
"Fix" jet.
Go to his office.
Tell him you are ready to do the pre-flight check.
Walk him back to the jet.
Go through the check.

Got my key from amazon pre order, I had both regular physical PS4 and CE PS4 and only got one key so it might be CE's only. Inputted the code into the square site, it let me choose PC or PS4 beta key. 4.4 gig download on PS4, playing now.

Good game but not enough for me to want to pay $60 for a digital version that comes in episodes. I'll wait till full release or just buy a cheap PC key (bummed I missed the $15 amazon order).

vpance

Disappointed to see you still can't hold up people at gunpoint after all these years. Damn I miss playing MGSV now.

Distance to "detector" seems to have some effect on how quickly you get made out, and with enough distance even they won't pay attention to you.

Plywood and cardboard made test stages build into old bunker make for tad flat and boring environments, who would have guessed :b Beta really isn't putting best foot forward when it comes to showing off environment designs and graphical prowess.

That's why I said "full game". :p I know we haven't seen much of the full game but a couple of the levels we've seen so far are beautiful, no doubt, but that's it. I hope there's some seedy shit ala the rest of the series! :)

Smash88

Banned
While Hitman Absolution was very cluttered, does anyone feel like they are making it minimalistic in this game? Like the style they are going for is very clean and perfect, almost like Hitman himself, and the way he is composed?

Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.

DarkFlame

Banned
I really want this game to succeed,but i have a feeling that it will be a failure in the end.Some things don't feel right.

Lets hope i'm wrong though

Oof, for a game that is supposed to release episode 1 very soon this was not... good. No subtitles showed up in cutscenes even though I had them on. Huge frame chop in game and cutscenes. Lots of animation quirks, like bodies I dropped would start flying around all over the place doing the ragdoll dance.

I'm a huge Hitman fan, love all the games, but there is no way I'd pay $60 for the game in the state its in. Maybe by the time they finish all the episodes they will clean it up.

The first demo mission was also a poor choice, since its a training / simulator thing a lot of the visuals are very poorly done.

It definitely feels like a Hitman game, the stealth parts were kinda fun, but mostly made me think about how cool MGS 5 was.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I wonder if the unlocked framerate on PS4 means they were able to get to 1080p/30 on Xbox One.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

So, spoilers for the first tutorial mission, but has anyone found
the lifeboat for the accident kill
or the
generator to distract the guard
? I've been having fun with it, but I haven't gotten myself to the second tutorial mission because I keep fucking around looking to complete all the challenges in the first map.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
or the
? I've been having fun with it, but I haven't gotten myself to the second tutorial mission because I keep fucking around looking to complete all the challenges in the first map.

After you pick everything up at the start, go right pass the 2 guards turn left and there's a locked gate there. you should find the generator there

Tovarisc

Yeah but the people bitching in this thread about the game's technical issues don't know (don't care) about that. It gets annoying.

I think many think this as version that was in existence before gold master was done and locked, which would basically make this demo and accurate representation of release game. I think this beta is quite old build, game has so much obvious glitches and placeholder audio.

Tovarisc

Why does a singleplayer only game need to stresstest servers? The full game won't even require an internet connection.

With the Intro Pack, you’ll get an introduction to the world of HITMAN, with the Prologue and Paris episode. You’ll get full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and all other live content.

Basically game will have major online component to it with player and developer made contracts, targets that are around for limited amount of time etc. which will require online connection. It means game needs to have solid networking in place and solid backend to handle load of all players.

Load times are atrocious on PS4, I'm clocking 28-35 seconds every time on a SSHD system when I load a manual saved game. Anyone try it on a PC?

dreamfall

Having a wonderful time exploring new avenues to kill, in spite of the horrible technical woes. It just feels fresh even in such a small area. I love Hitman, it's just great to find new opportunities to create amazing hits.

Consider me really excited! Can't wait to compare it to the PC version. It's going to be great to replay hits and create new ones. The disguise system also feels way better than Absolution and it's nice to have the freedom to really plan new strategies. Blood Money, we're back !

or the

Lifeboat is on the 4th floor, the orange barrel looking things.

One of the challenges are glitched (dress up and meet or whatever)

Played the beta for a couple of hours now, I'm definitely liking this over Absolution.

Being able to save anytime is great instead of the odd use of checkpoints. The disguise mechanic and detection system is pretty fair and works much better plus makes much more sense compared to Absolution. Some guards will notice while others will believe your cover. There's also so much replayabality to just the 2 beginning missions. So many ways to start and end the mission. I'm also happy to report no more stupid score tracker, freaking annoying in Absolution. It definitely feels much more encourageable to experiment than Absolution.

Controls work well and pleasantly surprised to see the game is running 60FPS on ps4, I expected 30. Its not smooth though, it dips significantly when mirrors or crowds are in play. Oh and the loading time before actually saving and loading is annoyingly slow, like nearly up to 8 seconds, doesnt help that IO decided to have autosave be the first menu you see when loading. Fortunately loading gamesaves is pretty fast.

There's also the odd looking videos while the level loads, they look bad and lipsyncing is way off for most of the video. Still intrigued to see how this new Hitman plays out, hopefully it isnt as OTT as Absolution's story. Also sound mixing is off, guess its just a beta bug?

Overall, I think I may have to buy this in episodes cause what I've played so far is pretty dang fun. Definitely feels like it could be the true successor to Blood Money. Color me hyped.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lifeboat is on the 4th floor, the orange barrel looking things.

One of the challenges are glitched (dress up and meet or whatever)

Oh, is it? I just double checked and I have the checkmark for Private Meeting. Hope they iron that out if it's buggy though since going for these challenges is a big appeal for me.

Oh, is it? I just double checked and I have the checkmark for Private Meeting. Hope they iron that out if it's buggy though since going for these challenges is a big appeal for me.

I saw some people on reddit say they couldn't get it. I tried garroting him in the office, dropping the life boat, drowning, shooting, breaking his neck and it didn't unlock, unfortunately. I have everything done except this specific one.

Edit: I have it unlocked now. Must've been a server issue.

Spoo

I saw some people on reddit say they couldn't get it. I tried garroting him in the office, dropping the life boat, drowning, shooting, breaking his neck and it didn't unlock, unfortunately. I have everything done except this specific one.

Edit: I have it unlocked now. Must've been a server issue.

Talked to him numerous times now and tried various things. Definitely buggy :\ Got everything but that.

edit: Just got it. Near as I can tell the one thing that made a difference is
I drowned the guy instead of just knocking him out, and when the heart-beat thing is going on when you're in the room with him I garroted him. Try those things if you're having trouble

Top Bottom