• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holy shit, Dragon's dogma is incredible

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I only played the demo way back during the 360 days. Didn't know what I was doing. Had solid graphics. I think one of the fights you do is against a griffin in the demo and I couldnt figure out how to do shit as it kept flying around. lol
'tis a troubling foe!
'tis weak to fire, aim for the wings!

Also the demo had a full day/night cycle and it turns into a completely different fight at night

Rambotito

I started playing this last week. Pretty cool game but the tutorial doesn't teach you anything. I'm lost.
Which weapon should I buy from the blacksmith?
What should I use against goblins?
Can I fight just one wolf at a time?
If I follow a road, where exactly will it lead me?
How can I reach port crystals?

Boss Man

It’s really good and a vision of what future JRPGs could be. People beg for Dragon’s Dogma 2 news every time Capcom goes near a stage for good reason. Kind of surprised it hasn’t come out yet or that the game hasn’t been repeatedly copied by others.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Great game, but not without its problems.

Combat can get exhausting when it feels like you're fighting a never ending wave of enemies (I fucking hate the wolves in that game)

Traveling around can also be a pain in the ass, especially when you need to go to a new location and it's half way across the damn map.

If they can iron out these problems in the sequel then it could be a classic in the making.

Skifi28

Tried so many times to get into it, I always get bored and quit after 4-5 hours. 8 has been my best run so far. No idea what people see in the combat, I've tried all starting classes and they all feel meh. I keep hearing about some magic knight bullshit later, but if you need to be 30 hours in the game for the combat to turn good then you're doing it wrong.

SkylineRKR

I don't know if DD2 will beat Elden Ring or would be comparable at all, but a DD sequel can be absolutely fucking great. But it depends, what should they do? More like Bitterblack Isle or more like the main game, or both? The open field wasn't perfect, I think I liked all the indoor locations more. But it still gave the game a bit of an epic feel.

Tried so many times to get into it, I always get bored and quit after 4-5 hours. 8 has been my best run so far. No idea what people see in the combat, I've tried all starting classes and they all feel meh. I keep hearing about some magic knight bullshit later, but if you need to be 30 hours in the game for the combat to turn good then you're doing it wrong.

I had fun with a Ranger far earlier in the game. I think the combat was great, and the spells from mages look awesome (and can be OP as fuck). Just keep switching classes to unlock everything.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't know if DD2 will beat Elden Ring or would be comparable at all, but a DD sequel can be absolutely fucking great. But it depends, what should they do? More like Bitterblack Isle or more like the main game, or both? The open field wasn't perfect, I think I liked all the indoor locations more. But it still gave the game a bit of an epic feel.
I liked the open field. Sure it's kinda empty and you take some time to get to one place to another, but isn't that the point? Part of being on an adventure is the travel, the downtime in which you get to reflect on where you are and what you are doing, while your pawns tell you stuff about your surroundings. I think it's pretty comfy and really catches the "adventure feel" better than any other game, including Elden Ring imo. That one was a great game, but being able to travel at high speed made it feel more like an action game than an adventure. Pacing is key when it comes to that aspect imo.

So for the sequel I'd love to see the same kind of open world, just bigger and with more big and unique dungeons like the Temple of the Water God, the Bluemoon tower or Bitterblack Isle to explore and dive into.

So yeah, tldr: a bit of both. Just give me much more of the same and I'll be happy.

digdug2

Always remember, it hates fire and wolves hunt in packs. After the sheer amount of times I heard both phrases, I'll never forget.

Top Bottom