• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How could a Binding of Isaac 2 work?

bitbydeath

The Binding of Isaac is my most played game this gen, so naturally I want to see a sequel at some point.
I don't want the formula to change too much as it was already perfect, so I believe the general formula must stay.

That being - Overhead gameplay, random rooms, random items, random enemies/bosses, same gameplay.

But what else could they do to mix it up?

Perhaps some 3D layering of the characters mixed with Ray-Tracing.

guile-93-famine-render-beta-00000.jpg

-They could switch up the mythology from Christian to Greek to change up the characters and available items.
-A properly implemented same-screen multiplayer
-More room types to go with the suggested new theme.

Do you want to see a sequel? What changes would you like to see that you would find worthy of a new purchase?

GHG

-They could switch up the mythology from Christian to Greek to change up the characters and available items.

Hades already has this covered to a certain extent (same genre):

Other than that I have no idea how they go about evolving the formula considering they pretty much nailed it.

It might be best for them to make a completely new game so that people aren't constantly making direct comparisons to Isaac.

Top Bottom